Lord British Returns!
Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues is a fantasy RPG that combines a single player narrative with a sandbox MMO created by a team that includes: Richard “Lord British” Garriott the creator of the Ultima series, Starr Long the Director of Ultima Online, and Tracy Hickman the author of Dragonlance
- Selective Multiplayer Modes: Play with everyone in a single world with three different online modes (Single Player, Friends Only, and Open).
- Offline Mode: Players will adventure through over 40 hours of story in an interactive world where their choices during ethical paradoxes have consequences.
- Classless Character System: Vast customization options with hundreds of skills and spells in over 20 different skill trees.
- Player Driven Economy: Deep crafting system where the best items are made by players and player items are the main source of loot found in the game.
- PVP: Consensual with Open PVP flags, zones, and Guild Warfare.
- Player Housing: Non instanced, finite, and embedded in the world with multiple group living options.
- Open Development: Players help shape the game by giving feedback on monthly early access releases, videos, weekly updates, blog postings, forums, chat, etc.
"The simple fact is that we've reached an era when it is a breath of fresh air to see a developer return to the roots of what an MMORPG could—and perhaps, should—be."
- Reuben "Sardu" Waters, Ten Ton Hammer
"How we love watching Starr Long, Richard Garriott, and crew keep at breakneck pace to make one of the most feature rich sandbox RPGs in ages."
- William Murphy, MMORPG
"From the creator of the old Ultima games, Richard Garriott, Avatar is a crowdfunded RPG that promises to bring back some of what made those games great."
- Erik Kain, Forbes
Award Winning Innovation
Sigils and Circles
Players will adventure in an interactive world where their choices have consequences, ethical paradoxes give them pause, and they play a vital part in weaving their own story into the immersive world and lore surrounding them. Play options will include solo, friends only, or open multiplayer via the Selective Multiplayer system. Players can specialize in a wide range of combat and non-combat skills, provided by a robust, classless skill system, and full-featured crafting and housing mechanics. Learn more about Magic, Combat and Crafting Skills...
Live and Play Here
Players will stake their claim to in-game lots and build dwellings ranging from humble cottages to towering island castles. Pre-release backers will have early access to lots as well as rewards for supporting the development. Learn more about Houses...