1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would really rather this game limited fast travel to the overland map and the 'moon gates.'

Any equivalent to the rune books and the whole sub economy of them that sprang up around them after a bug with the Recall Home spell was published live in Ultima Online would to me be considered a detriment to the game.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh no guys lol. If teleportation shows up in the store that to me would seem to be more like a pay to win item. I agree they could make needed cash but on the other hand go against ethics but please yes we need teleportation. Well that's just how this hit me when I read it. Maybe you can convince me ;)

edited...I meant to say we need teleports to our houses. I too lost my house many times. I think we should get at least a key to click on, please some convenience or we'll spend our whole game time hunting for our homes.

Crikey and Time Lord like this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I thought the teleporter proposal is just for a housing decoration, similar to the teleporter in the Mage's Tower; a way to move between two points on your property. I'd be all for that.

NRaas and Time Lord like this.
  4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Having 2 properties, we will be "recalling" between them all the time if they are spread apart anyway. The teleports would act as any teleport would which was demonstrated in games like UO; You place one in one house and the other in another house and thus opens a way between them. It essentially does the same function as the Mage Tower's Teleport does already.
    In a game that is struggling with transportation and needed lots for housing; Our lots will be wished to be close together in placement, yet will probably not be able to because of house lot selection proses. Such a device of the personal housing Teleport, would free that need and also provide a way from guild's to collect their people for a hunt or activity swiftly.
    I think there would however, need a restriction placed in for the transport of goods or contraband.
    So, it's not exactly like we should blindly jump into such an idea ;)
    Every action has it's much wider consequence :eek:
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There are a lot of assumptions wrapped up in your first sentence, Mr. Lord. :)

Teleporting from one level of a house to another is purely cosmetic... Telelporting between houses that may be on opposite sides of the continent, or (in future episodes) different continents, is another thing entirely. You assume that Mages will have Recall spells to each property they own, or that simply being a land owner will grant the ability to recall to any owned property. I contest this assumption, and would stand in opposition to it were it to be proposed.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Rufus D`Asperdi,

Indeed, there are many things such a transport would effect. We are in our Alpha still, so everything we invent or place as possibilities into our game have great consequence to everything as everything is connected more at the beginning, than in the middle or the ends.
    In other threads we've seen amounts of supports to being able to "get home fast" for our logging out needs for real life to be quickly entered back into without loss. Such things as those have consequence in PvP as well as in many other circumstances....
    Yet the need is there non the less and needs such hammers as you to hammer them out so they may be clearly seen for what they are and what they may adversely effect... ;)
    Hammer Away My Good Friend with logic and let the examples and needs be weighed :)

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Duke Gréagóir said;

House Teleportation tiles - another great idea from Ultima Online - https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...oad/addon/rechargeable-housing-teleport-tiles
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~TL~
    Indeed My Duke :rolleyes:,
    Teleport pads have been a great tradition within Ultima for a very long ~Time~

I am certain though, that certain restrictions of "things" such as contraband are in need of being restricted from be able to be transported through such things because of our Lord British's desires to have contraband needing land transport for the "quest of kill or capture" he has previously described in some of his SotA Vids. Yet these such items will also (I assume) be restricted from any "Rift travel or personal Gate or Recall Travel" as well. So, there shouldn't be any reason that teleport pads should be any different, yet fit very well into our world.
    Housing Teleports, the Ways of Our Future, "Today" ;)!

Anyone please feel very free to post your oppositional thoughts or encouragements on this very important subject to our world and to us all :D
    And don't forget o_O Give us some examples ;)

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

"Recall Home" is a wonderful and necessary feature. One should (Ideally) be able to designate a place... a single place... that you're standing on when the designation is made as a place to which you will recall when the ability is used. If you wish to change the place to which you recall, you go to that place, stand on it, and set it, presumably using the same process that you used the first time.

This will reset the target location of your recall ability to that new place.

One may have Only One recall location at any given time.

The only other method of 'fast travel' should be the overland map (now in brilliant 3D)

Sir Mike Dragon likes this.
  10. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Teleporting home is absolutely necessary, at least in the current stage of housing. How many of you had their difficulties, to find their lot again? Also traveling 15 minutes for just visiting your vendor house is something else than fun.

11. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

This sounds rather like the 75$ personal teleporting mirror pair.
    Limited to organic materials and worn outfits only.
    They only work for you personally,
    and only between houses that you personally own and have a matching mirror placed in.
    As a chaos precaution, the mirror-owner can speak the "come home mirror" word and the remote mirror will teleport home.

Add 35$ for a portable hand-mirror that will teleport you to one of your home mirrors.

12. Svahn

Svahn Avatar

This sounds to me like the 150$ family teleporting mirror pair.
    Limited to organic materials and worn outfits only.
    They only work for you and those designated as family,
    and only between houses that you personally and those designated as family own and have a matching mirror placed in.
    As a chaos precaution, the mirror-owner can speak the "come home mirror" word and the remote mirror will teleport home.

Add 75$ for a portable hand-mirror that will teleport you to one of your familys home mirrors.

Bodhbh Dearg and Time Lord like this.
  13. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I would laugh here, if this would not be so sarcastic with sad tones. But seems we get all a bit sarcastic about the ways additional dollars are generated ... especially if we feel we dumped enough into the pond.

Bodhbh Dearg and Lord Trenyc like this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Don't really get why some people are so anti in terms of fund generation.......no one is making them pledge or spend more.

15. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

It's not anti funding in general that most are against its just the bad idea's by the Dev+ & multi landowners that seem to come from a different planet.
    You need to take a step back and think what will make this a game lots of people will want to play, not what's good for the 1800+ landowners.
    Probably the best feature of the MMO is you can choose who you have to see.

Crikey and Caliya like this.
  16. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Look at it this way. If some of us aren't happy with what they're coming up with for stretch goals or in the addon store, then you have to know that people who have yet to invest may not be happy either.

Many people in the forums have complained that they aren't looking at the bigger picture, and cater to the crowd that's already invested, and taxing that crowd to spend more and more, on additional things that usually don't bring in the new backers.

Example: what use is a horse and saddle if you don't own a house? You could only store the saddle, as it's home decor. If a person hasn't yet backed, they aren't going to back, buy a house just to get a saddle. The price tag of the horse alone is pretty crazy.

They're also losing the interest of some current backers by not developing features they've talked about (PvP, etc).

I mean, we all wanted a game to be produced, right? Well, what's it going to take to get it produced? Appealing to the current backers constantly? Or coming up with ideas to bring in a lot more new backers?

I think we all know the answer to that. We may not agree that the ideas so far aren't new backer-friendly. But many of us see it that way.

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@wagram, this is nothing to do with landowners and has very little to do with Dev+.

@Caliya, once again if you don't like the methods of raising funds and what is being offered you don't have buy it or spend any $. The reason why certain areas like PvP have been pushed out is because you need a very stable and fairly bug free platform to even test it (I know because I'm a PvPer and I gave no issues with it being delayed for that reason).

18. Numa

Numa Avatar

Being currently homeless in SOTA, I"d settle for a teleport to the nearest friendly town at opportune moments. Like, when I"m being chased by a pack of ferocious kobolds :)

An item in the Stretch Goals finally caught my eye - a pack animal. That's something useful you"d need regardless whether you have a house or not.

19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Numa Said;

Being currently homeless in SOTA, I"d settle for a teleport to the nearest friendly town at opportune moments. Like, when I"m being chased by a pack of ferocious kobolds :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~TL~:)

20. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

There's really no reason to reiterate your point. It's actually beyond my point, and nothing to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.