Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Top 10 Annoyances

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by smack, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smack

smack Avatar

What are your top 10 annoyances about the game?

I'm not going to list the obvious: crashes, hangs, long load times, low performance (fps), hitches, etc. or game balancing issues. These are just annoying things that can make it frustrating to play.

But off the top of my head (reserve the right to change this later :))
    1. Chat window pinning is borken
    2. The inventory hotkey (I) closes your bags, rather than showing/hiding the bags (in their previous state)
    3. Combat bar takes forever to be dismissed and can get out of sync
    4. Tripping on a pebble kills you for 2349082423429048 fall damage
    5. You are locked in some animations, like harvesting and can't do anything like defending yourself when you are being ganked as you pointlessly spam the ESC key. And worse still, the animation has to unwind ever so slowly...
    6. Items that should stack, but don't stack in your inventory
    7. Whenever you are notified of durability loss, you have to check each and every item to see which one triggered it. How about a nice yellow or red glow outline around the item in your character portrait?
    8. Tooltips of your glyphs in the combat bar get in the way, especially when creating combos. Why do we even have to drag/drop? Why can't we use the modifier key (R) and left-click on the two glyphs?
    9. You can't emote (e.g. clap) while sitting
    10. Ladders that only go up (combined with #4 = fun times)

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Yes, this it's true!
    And double death, too!
    :( :D

3. Net

Net Avatar

11) You can not talk when you emote (e.g. when you are sitting, lying, dancing).

4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I'll make a list because I do see the devs making changes with voiced concerns (the new 'start on overland map' feature is perfect)

1) Encounters - They should be very small, fast loading, profitable and if you die/all creatures are dead/looted you auto zone out to the overland map.
    2) No "Make Last"
    3) Moving tools back and forth on the tool bench is frustrating.
    4) Double clicking items does not work well.
    5) When you hover over a recipe to purchase it should say "known".
    6) I feel distanced from my skills/stats and how I earn them.
    7) I'd rather my mouse highlight instead of massive items on the screen.
    8) Different speeds on the overland map.
    9) Slugs make me not want to level.
    10) Slugs.

5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the disappearing or wandering trainer ....... I want to kill this guy so bad!

6. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

Add loading times at the top of that list and you agree to 100%.

blaquerogue, smack and Mata like this.
  7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

being small lol

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

You should be able to talk when dancing too, and possibly do other emotes. If you're dancing, and you talk, you break out of the emote and have to start it up again. Not sure if its not possible to split the animations up into parts of the body.

9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

A tooltip associated with the right-side icon, listing the various equipment, would work just as well for me. :)

SmokerKGB, Leos, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  10. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

Initiating dialogue often takes up a lot of time. When I start talking, in mid-sentence some background movement completes, leaving me with half a sentence.

Leos, Mata and smack like this.
  11. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

1. Being in active chat mode after leaving a NPC Goods UI. 'wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaadd'
    2. Mining is more like harvesting/collecting than actually going out and mining.
    3. many crafting parts are more valuable to vendor than finished goods.
    4. The hiddent/lost items bug that happens sometimes when crafting leaving you unable to craft more.
    5. Spider chain attacks.
    6. can not hot bar bags.
    7. Those short fall deaths are definitely up there.
    8. no real threat of loss in death.
    9. The shift click and sweep thing we have to do to open the amount sliders on items.Wish could double click inventory items to open this or something.
    10. No skill advancement from using skill.

I had to actually think just to come up with 10. So really not to bad for this point in development.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Major pet peeve is the camera resets to someone else's default after scene change-conversations-etc.
    I don't want the camera close over the shoulder so why is it always changing back to that?
    Please let me put the camera where I want it and "set as default" so that after scene changes and conversations it goes back to my default.
    Combat bar tool tips. Oh, they are annoying. Every time you try to combo up there they are - in the way.
    The timer on those suckers should be much higher.
    Item price/value not adding up.
    Making a silver chandelier and realize its worth 2g.
    Not being able to melt things back.
    Say let's take something completely random - you find yourself with a newly crafted silver chandelier - how come I can't destroy it and melt it down again? (Yes you should lose something in the process but the metal is there.
    Getting stuck on small stones in ghost mode and not being able to jump.
    Here you are floating around heading for an exit, only to notice that those two stones that usually are an annoyance at exits suddenly are ghostbusting boulders blocking your path.
    Not being able to use bags, backpacks, casks, etc.
    I want my new loot to go into the main backpack which is different from my tools-fine cloth-food etc. So you try to put them in a seperate bag only to realize nope bags don't work - you have just sold all your pick axes including the one you wanted to keep.
    Heck I want Bags/casks/quivers/etc to be necessary to stack items.
    If dwarf fortress has a better UI than you do for item handling then you might want to make some improvement.
    Reporting bugs, getting no response then suddenly it's fixed but not noted in the release.
    Meaning you try to avoid and warn others of something which is no longer the case.
    No pic upload when reporting bugs.
    I don't know how many times I've taken a screenie and then facing dealing with uploads and copy and paste etc etc saying OK Inwill do this later - then realizing you haven't reported those 20 odd bugs and it's the next release.
    Non-sellable items and buckets.
    Those items blocking sales and not being able to get rid of them less than a delete character (or wipe).
    And the placeholder buckets - why aren't those insects so you can instantly see the recipe is bugged so you can report it.
    And a special vendor buying those "bugs" from you.
    Making this game so fun already in alpha that you spend time leveling up and building a home even though you know you are going to get wiped.

13. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

the chaos spoon! I should be able to kill you with it!

Jack Knyfe, Mata, blaquerogue and 2 others like this.
  14. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

LOL I walked off of a fence post I was standing on once and died from it. . I was laughing my ass off.

Gaelis, Mata and smack like this.
  15. mike11

mike11 Avatar

terrain and rocks are like solid walls if you run into them (eg a certain rock angle with stop you without jumping)
    wooded borders on some maps (feels claustrophobic)
    no open world map (doh).... well zones 5-10x larger would be ok I guess
    unfinished combat
    chat autofade
    disconnects
    pkers camping the respawn areas
    nobody is using the pvp arenas
    merchant sell bug
    not owning a home

16. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Top 10 Hemlockian annoyances ? :D

1. The combat system
    2. The inventories/skill sheets. (this should all be combined into one sheet avoiding unnecessary clicks etc - yes, I'm a perfectionist)
    3. Pressing both mouse buttons to move forward (instead of just one)
    4. Having to click mouse button first to look around (rather just move the cursor)
    5. LOAD TIMES
    6. Respawning enemies
    7. Objects you find in dungeons you can't actually PICK UP
    8. Charged jumping (Ultima 9's targeted jumping solved this world of problems in 1999. Elder Scrolls Skyrim jumping is good too)
    9. Gigantic or miniscule items in backpack (good luck shifting those torches around in a hurry)
    10. The fact SotA dev's don't care some things were refined and done better 15-20 years ago, they just don't CARE lol They just want to do it the SotA way, which is the WRONG way... only FASTER
    11. Not being able to move piles of gold into and from backpack etc. Meaning I can't create a treasure room filled with piles of gold coins grrrrrrr (hopefully you will be able to in SP... but perhaps the sun will revolve around the Earth tomorrow :( )

Sorry, I had 11

17. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

LMAO I like 11. I have a room like that in one of my UO houses. Yes I still play UO lol.

18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol you guys are funny, well in a good way. I am laughing. So let me see what I come up with.
    1- random events - how they are now. There is nothing special about them, they are boring, hard to get out of, and still need work, which I'm sure more/better is coming ;)

2- selling items needs work. I want my spider swords to still be worth something. Things we kill for should be worth something, things we find should be worth something. Lots of bugs in selling and being able to sell too, which has been brought up. It's strange and frustrating to find an awesome sword & kill to get it & it is worth $0.

3- crafted items- price to sell and make is very not there yet, plus it takes a zillion of everything, so not balanced. you have to make this to make that and on and on in details, and then when you try to sell some things theyare worth nada or almost nada, and your resources are gone.:(

4- Walking on the map - we need wider roads if roads are the speedy place to be, and not such a hassle to cross over a mountain, can you say jaywalk, please I want to not be so limited, speed us up a bit please. Our map should let us have fun moving around not tortured.

5- Sounds, sounds sounds. We need them, real sounding sounds, but I know they are coming. Everytime I hear the growl, it is a slight irritation. You don't know what is growling, it could be a rabbit for all you know. lol ;):cool:

6- The distance the monsters see you at is way too far. you can't even go out for a lovely stroll anywhere. It's fine to make them a bit smart, which I see their intelligence & personalities kicking in more, and that is awesome work.

7- The respawn rate for creatures you kill is way too quick. I know some have mentioned this, but it is on my list too.

8- The amount of resources you can find is still very small and takes hours to obtain, and then crafting eats it up, more than normal in my opinion. I do think we need more, but i'm sure there will be.

9- Being able to use our cute little inventory 'bags' efficiently instead of the list mode which has no personality. The stuff in the bags needs to be stackable and half the size they are, like our little bags in ultima. Also right click to sell or move to a chest or your bank would be awesome.

10- For me a travel mode, I know some don't want teleport, I do of course want something. I don't want to suffer all the hardships, I want some convenience please. If I live way down the road from for example and need to sell or buy things, and I gotta travel up the s-l-o-w zillions of miles to owlshead and can't finish crafting what I need because I ran out of something, it is almost too much, and then I want to call it a day sometimes.;)

Ok i did it and it was easier than i thought it would be, but pre alpha will do that to you ;) **cheers everyone** ***Note to the Devs, this not a rant. It is just feed back***

p.s. I have one more. 11- regarding the crates and barrels we break or now not so much since they are empty. They need to have stuff in them and perhaps something unique or cool sometimes please.

19. smack

smack Avatar

Some really great annoyances here! There were some that I forgot that I would bump up too. And yeah, I should have just called this thread the "Top 11 Annoyances" ;)

So get these out of your system and post 'em here! You're likely not the only one having "fun" with these in the game! :D

20. ilcontegis

ilcontegis Avatar

Here are mine

1. The combat system, remove autoattack and implement a more skyrim/chivarly like system
    2. Load times, must be reduced
    3. Graphics, must be greatly improved
    4. Animations, must be greatly greatly greatly improved
    5. Abilities/level system should be removed, a skill (1-100) based system should be implemented
    6. Sounds, we need sounds!!!
    7. Moster loot, must be further developed
    8. Hotbar on the bottom is too laggy, we need a brand new responsive and more eye appealing bar
    9. Items in the backpack are or too big or too small, we need a standard size
    10. Most of items cannot be dropped, every item should be "droppable" on the floor/table/bench

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.