1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Add On Store Conversion Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

just remove the referal credit or pay the extra $5, simple

Time Lord likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I believe bdo7's point is that it *is* possible to make that mistake without any warning, and there may be users out there who were not as vigilant.

They appear to be aware of how to resolve it. :)

Olahorand and Sir Mike Dragon like this.
  3. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Correct. It is not a problem for me because I noticed it in time. I just thought it was an odd pitfall.

I feel like the combination of Citizen (a popular pledge level I'm sure) + $25 referral credit (also popular) + the $20 Alienware credit (which everyone gets if they click on it) adding up to EXACTLY the amount of money to change from a physical pledge package to an ALL-DIGITAL pledge package was enough of a risk to merit a word of caution, that's all.

Imagine how upset someone would be if they waited months for their CLOTH MAP only to discover that they were not going to receive it because they accepted a free credit! ;)

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

You get all the rewards for the previous level so not sure what the issue is? The only reward that does not multiply is the lot deed. You only ever get one of those but you do get all the houses at your tier and below.

Siili and O`Sullivan like this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

Eldermann - all digital pledge info says: Includes Only Digital Rewards from Citizen Level!

Miracle Dragon and Sir Frank like this.
  6. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

This may be related to this disclaimer, where it states that only the *Digital* rewards from Citizen level are included.

[​IMG]

Might just be a misinterpretation of what the disclaimer means, but if so, it could cause some confusion. :)

(Edit: Massive Ninja. Took too long creating the screenshot :p )

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'm not sure exactly why the Edelmann (All Digital) tier exists, really. Its only saving $5, and providing a way to opt out of international shipping. Just get rid of it and add a note that when you contact pledges for their address, they can decline any physical goods to prevent shipping charges. Problem solved, and you will likely end up with some swag to give away at conventions.

foobard and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. Curt

Curt Avatar

So all that was at Citizen pledge $550 and got the alienware $20 bonus ends up at $570 - Edelmann (All Digital), This can be a serious problem as they lose all non digital items.

Olahorand and Miracle Dragon like this.
  9. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

We kept Starr up late last night in Dev+ so I'd cut him some slack :)

10. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Yeah, I was referring to the fact that it's an "ALL DIGITAL" package, with no box, no map, no coin, etc.

Not a big deal because I'm aware of it and can take steps to fix it, but a nasty pitfall for anyone who didn't notice it. (I'm sure it could be corrected by CS even in a worst case scenario.)

Thanks for the reply, though, Mr. Darkstarr sir. I feel special. :) Get some rest!

Sir Stile Teckel likes this.
  11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I appreciate you brought it up in the first place! Great job letting everyone know just in case this question popped up by another forum member. :)

Time Lord, Olahorand and bdo7 like this.
  12. bdo7

bdo7 Avatar

Well, customer service helped me merge my add-ons with my pledge, and I shelled out the difference to upgrade. I am now a Founder Knight and my wife is a Founder Explorer. Huzzah!

Thank you Joseph for your timely help. I hope the add-on conversion system is up soon to save you from having to fool with needy people like me! :)

13. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

I agree..I know they are busy..I've been waiting since March 16th for them to merge my pledges. I also intend to upgrade and gift my son an account. I'm hoping they do it before the 7th.

Zandaro likes this.
  14. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

If they dont find the time to do that and if the account management does not change in time to do it yourself either, ensure, to have paid enough in time.
    Not sure, if there is a way to spend a difference amount directly ... maybe you can alter the paid amount in PayPal somehow - never took an eye on this.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

15. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

If they don't get it done by the 7th I think they need to extend that deadline till like a week or at least a full weekend past when they get the store conversion in place and bug free.

16. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

i am on a payment plan (ending in Oct) to get to the next tier, I got Founders staus (thanks again Gracekain). What will the April 7th deadline do to my status? I would think the conversion process will be fine with add ons, like up converting a basement size, but will my tier upgrade process stop?

17. Maximus Katse

Maximus Katse Avatar

The April 7th deadline won't affect payment plans started before. Just don't cancel your plan and re-instate it after April 7th or it will cost you more.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

That's what I'm hoping for.

19. Elspath

Elspath Avatar

So i have no clue how they do it in Star Citizen, but let me take a guess and someone tell me if im right or wrong.

If this system is added i could buy say the white crow for 10 dollars.

In my account i get a 10 dollar credit to add to my pledge that can incress my pledge status a extra 10 dollars?

20. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Exactly. Buy something in the addon store (as your example, $10.00); then recycle it. You could apply the $10 credit to something else in the addon store, or increase your pledge by $10.
    (looking closely at your post - I'm not sure of your intent from the wording. You don't get the white crow AND a $10 credit. You get the credit if you buy something and then "melt it down". Just taking the money you spent on one thing and putting it to another)

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.