1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q4 Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

What would be wrong with having house deeds in your bankbox for 10 years? I do not see why that would be an issue. Forcing someone to use a pledge item or lose it is not an acceptable solution... It is an item that was paid for, after all. How would you like it if someone from some agency came you your home and told you you had to turn in some item you have in storage because you aren't using it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

2. Nemisis Dragon

Nemisis Dragon Avatar

Hello,

I have the following question: when will be the first single player offline release of SotA? Has this been announced yet?
    Or this promised feature cancelled?

Thanks!

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Im guessing once they get all the on line stuff situated, it will also be in effect for offline as well. :) They want offline and online to essentially be the same. just without other players. keep in mind anything you get online you will have offline as well! At least thats how i understand it.

4. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, they've said the offline feature won't be made available until the game is ready to launch, which is currently estimated as a vague "first half 2015". So just consider sometime around end of June 2015 for now.

5. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

That :)
    Loosing Items because of not using them...... not accaptable for me.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

This whole carrying items to the house raises an interesting question. So far we know that items will be placed in the bank. Housing can occur in towns or cities, NPCs towns, and POTs. The first two cases are trivial in that items currently have to be carried from your bank to your house, the dev's haven't said whether you will be able to access your bank from your home. So Here's where this could get tricky, POTs. POTs can be declared as PvP areas. So I get a bunch of stuff together from the bank in the nearest town, I can't remember if POTS will have banks in them or not. I start to travel to my house and enter the hex that has my house in it. If the house is in a PvE hex, no problem for this example. But what happens if the house is in a PvP hex, I get attacked, and die. Assuming the ransom system is in effect, will it be possible for the attacked to claim one of the pledge rewards? I would think not and I think they said they are permanently bound, but I'm just wanting to be sure.

7. smack

smack Avatar

Very good point regarding movement of items to a PvP POT. I can't find the post for this but the last I heard regarding "current thinking" was that pledge rewards or store-bought items cannot be looted. They can be voluntarily traded or sold but not looted. Anything else not bound is up for grabs.

8. Coraxxias

Coraxxias Avatar

Adventurer level can you tell me when i have again acces to the game please its unavailable since i moved to steam? does a schedule exist?

9. smack

smack Avatar

Read the first post of this thread, as it contains the schedule for the next three months. Alternately, you can look at Upcoming Events page.

So currently, you can only access the game once each month. There is a plan to go 24/7 access on Dec 1 but that is an estimate.

This week's Update announced that Steam Early Access will be available for purchase on Nov 24, but backers can play through Steam in R11 (next week).

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The 24/7 access changed from Dec. 1 to Nov. 24. As always, this is the current plan but may change if something comes up.

11. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

And it is a good idea. Just so you know

12. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Coraxxias!

Arianna likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

please tell me we dont have to log in through steam only! I hate steam and i will never use it again! Will i be able to just log in to the game normally? without steam?

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes you can ignore steam.
    They will still distribute their own launcher etc.
    It was in the steam update:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=44193

"This will NOT be a replacement for direct download and play of Shroud, but instead it is an option. Players will still be able to directly download and play the game through our website, patcher, etc. if they so wish."

15. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Awesome news! I have a question now...I have been posting about this for a while, but kind of figured it was getting pushed to Ep2...or later...

Most of our current houses do not have rooms, or have rooms that are so small (knight's house) that they barely count as closets...

Will there be new big houses that have rooms which would be good for rentals and just regular space? I love rooms in a house and it's an important aspect to me. I would love if we could at least add doors and walls to our house to create a new room...I really think we need that option since rental is possible now.

16. Orion Astrium

Orion Astrium Avatar

Lord Baldrith are you asking them to add an Official 4 story Inn to the Add-On Store that is mostly just different size rooms/apartments on the top floors? If so, that would be a great idea for Player Owned Towns or just big lots in the main towns and cities.

17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Oh yes, A 4-Story Inn would be a very nice addition.

Actually, my big hope is that they will give us the ability to add more rooms to our open layout houses. I want to be able to use the big houses from my pledge rather than go with an add-on house which has more rooms than the ones on my pledge.

18. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That really won't work....what you would have is an empty MMO.....sounds fun.

19. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

20. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

This is really not an MMO, instead it is 'selective multiplayer' which will also attract those people who don't want to play online with others all the time. I suspect SOTA won't be in an empty MMO, even though my preference is to single play I have been full online during the last releases and with dungeons and encounters being quite hard we're better off grouping. All in my humble opinion of course.

MMO's imho, suck nowadays, as its all the same cookie stuff over and over again with the only difference being skin deep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.