1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 33 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The alternate passage is already implemented and will be going live with the next patch (within the next day or so).

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

You know they are working on a workaround.

3. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

It's just moved - the ferry is at Xenos, headed to Etceter.

Hazard likes this.
  4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

No matter how many times devs do what they say they will do, people still expect and believe the worst.

Wizard's First Rule strikes again.

5. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I know this was discussed already but I still have a question about this topic. I understand that a PvP area should have some benefits for the PvP people - risk vs. reward etc. - and that the opportunity to gain rare resources in spo or fo mode is a loophole that must be plugged. I support this - even as a PvE player. An alternative approach to solve this problem might have been to remove all the rare resources and other benefits for players which are not playing in open multiplayer mode. So the PvEs could still explore PvP areas and Portalarium need not to work on alternate ways for the PvP areas one must visit for story reasons.

Here is my question to the decision-makers of this game: would you please explain why you don't implement this approach? What is the advantage to force the people in OMP, compared with the approach I suggested?

Krohon, Alley Oop, mass and 4 others like this.
  6. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I'm not a dev, nor do I play one on TV. No reason not to prognosticate. As I recall, something like this was mentioned. I suspect that when they looked at creating separate loot tables for everything they chose the present method.

7. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Can someone explain how to use the Royal Scepter? :confused:

[​IMG]

Lord Andernut and Fister Magee like this.
  8. disastorm

disastorm Avatar

I've actually always thought it was a feature and was how it should be. I think the idea is that when people are running by and get attacked they want to continue running and have the battle "wear off" so they can get back their non-combat glyphs back. It might be a little annoying if they had to keep pressing z every time an enemy hit them so that they would go back into normal mode.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Tickets seem to have the "no trade" attribute, so you can't put them into a chest, only your inventory or the bank. So I doubt that they're stealable.

10. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Go to the lot and stand on it, then click on the Scepter from your inventory. :)

You are able to use it on any lot, including ones which you do not own, thus it is not used through the Lot Deeds UI, which only has your own lots.

11. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Thx, will try it later after work.

12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Usually the new add-on store items listed in the release notes are immediately available alongside the release. These items are not in the store yet. Were the items not finished in time, or did someone forget to put them in the store?

• Black & Chrome Ornate Aeronaut Outfit: For those of you who are too cool to be seen wearing brown leather and brass in your Airship, this Add-On Store outfit was made for you.
      • Flechier Tapestry Formal Suit: The newest in our line of fancy outfits in the Add-On Store is sure to draw attention at the next party.
      • Elaborate Tiara: If the two craftable Tiaras mentioned above are just not enough, ooh la la, then you simply must upgrade in our Add-On Store to the most elaborate Tiara in Novia!
    • Pets:
      • Grey Great Dane: Do you love your Deutsche Dogge but really wish he were the color of Winter mornings when everything is overcast and it seems the sun will never be seen? Well your wishes have been granted with the newest canine addition to the pets section of the Add-On Store.
      • Silver Mini Automaton: Brass not your color? Miss the Summer Telethon Part 2? Loved the movie A.I.? Whatever the reason, come to the Add-On Store and adopt a Silver Mini Automaton!

Sand and Fister Magee like this.
  13. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Silver Mini Automaton is in the add-on store right now (on the first page, not the pets page).

14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I just checked the first page before posting and they were not there. Now suddenly I'm seeing the pet and one of the suits.

Edit: The Great Dane is there as well now!

I'm waffling on whether or not to buy some pets in the add-on store. I wanted to collect them all, but I may never be able to get the pets from the Kobold bundles or the blood reliquary.

I'm missing a few I can't seem to hunt down (white turkey and white reindeer).

I could give up on collecting every pet, or do I drop some money in the store right now for reskins of pets I already have?

Likewise, should I drop money on the two new emote packages if I can never get /bloodrain or /shooter?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I found this comment in the forums:

16. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Sir Caribus has a point there. Why should MO players have to punished for what SPO or FO do (collect too much resources)? It is the same problem than if MO players found a way to go bother SPO or FO players... it should not happens.

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

After a week on vacation in Italy I am still quite disappointed about the decision to force PvP in certain areas.
    I do understand the intention but that this does have a negative effect on exploring the world is not acceptable.
    I also don't like the approach with the alternate route as this means that I will be forced to go a certain "route" instead of explore the world the way I want to explore it.
    For me this decision totally goes against the Selective Multiplayer approach of the game as I simply cannot select the way I want to play anymore.
    Now I would at least expect an instance of those "PvP"-areas that appear when we get certain quests and which are without PvP and without special resources. This way explorers could explore those areas, too without being forced to do PvP, the game would get more quests and people would not get an easy way to gather special resources. Also this approach would be totally in line with the way the game treats zones - namely creating special instances of areas for special situations (here: quests). So when we get those special quests and enter the scenes they are SPO or FPO. Entering the scenes without having those quests they are PvP areas.

For me this "forcing" of PvP just leads lambs to the slaughter. People who want to do PvP would have flagged themselves for PvP anyway. Now PvPers will get easy prey as people who are not really interested in PvP and are not prepared for it will enter the scenes, too. Was this the intention of this change?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    docdoom77, Saesa, 4EverLost and 3 others like this.
  18. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I think you need another week.

Fister Magee likes this.
  19. Sand

Sand Avatar

I am still not seeing the Black & Chrome Ornate Aeronaut Outfit in the store. When might that be added?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.