1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Add On Store Conversion Program

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

great news.

2. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

I like this, if I understand it right. I bought the viking house, but if they design a house I like better later, I can get my money back in credit to apply to the other house, correct? That's the idea?

3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Edit: After i re read what star wrote it seems you cannot take the money you have already pledged and use it to purchase items form the add on store. I would wait till the first of the year when the system comes out and see how it is set up.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

that is the idea. You can move your money around, cash in items and purchase others before release.

Time Lord and danceswithstaplers like this.
  5. danceswithstaplers

danceswithstaplers Avatar

Like it. This will let you buy with more confidence.

6. Saraken

Saraken Avatar

I hope this is the case. I will admit that I grumbled a little to discover that my cheerful snapping up of the tools one at a time meant I'd jumped the shark and instead, I should have waited for that box of six!

It sounds like a good idea to give people the option to redistribute their add-on payments if they discover something down the line they're prefer to have instead. Great job guys!

7. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

I do believe this exact issue is why they announced that this is in the works so far ahead of time. ;) So that the people upset about the 6-pack can be content that they can swap out their five tools for the set of six in January.

8. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Whether you are a founder or benefactor (if that is what you are asking about) is unrelated to your pledge tier, and it is also not what this thread is about.

If you cancel your Lord plan and stay as a Knight, you will retain your status as a founder as long as you already were a founder to begin with. The City property you want to buy from the add-on store will not be tax-free regardless.

Just be aware that canceling your payment plan will not allow you to convert the money you have already pledged towards Lord into buying something from the add-on store with this system. It is specifically for allowing us to convert add-on store purchases into something else.

With all this said, we should not speculate on how it will end up working and just wait until they release more details in january.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

If I were you I would continue to lord and buy a couple of extra town plots instead :)

10. Retro

Retro Avatar

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how much this increases funding. How long for the shopping cart? ;)
    Good job guys

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I don't think i want to let go of the stuff I purchased. I want all the nic nacs, but now there isn't a concern about buying the wrong thing. At any time you can turn your stuff in for credit toward your pledge. That is good news. OR is that speculation? Either way it will be good news when they release the details.

12. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I hope this has been mentioned, but if I already backed a large amount will I be able to buy stuff in the Add-on Store with it for 25% of its value? Else it would be quite unfair ;)

13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There should be some kind of option to buy stuff off the store, but limit it to things like houses and make them really expensive in gold. Portalarium has to make cash some how. So it might be better to let cash buy some things and gold be limited to buy certain things. So if theres a way to learn how to create a beautiful dress that should be bought with cash not gold. You can still buy the dress from the crafter if it is fanciful for you, but you shouldn't be able to learn it without buying it. That's one of the optional things that can be sold on the store without changing the game. It's cosmetic. Houses are cosmetic too.

14. Numa

Numa Avatar

The ability to melt down purchases into store credit and get better packages and addons worked wonderfully well for SC. It's going to be real boon for SOTA. Not as much of a boon for people's wallets but that's a given :)

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  15. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I see this being an awesome feature. Well done once again to the team.

Time Lord and Koldar like this.
  16. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

I have two accounts... My main account has two village homes from the store. Would I be able to convert those and gift that amount to my other account so it can be upgraded to a higher tier?

17. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

My advice is hurry up. Why? I just bought all of the Holiday items because I did not want to miss the January 6th deadline and around 9pm is a Holiday bundle. :(

No worries. I will trade in the separate items for the oracle head and the sigil cloaks as soon as I can. :) Win Win!

Please keep that in mind when making any other items expire that some of us have extra money tied up in separate item purchases and bundles and are waiting to cash some of those in to get the other items in the store.

I say BRAVO to making the trade in program a reality!!!!!!!! :D

19. Eligor

Eligor Avatar

It would be nice if the shop could be made more streamlined at the same time you're working on the payments system. A simple cart to allow multiple items to be purchased in a single payment is really needed.

Also, rather than drip-feeding items onto the store that you know are eventually going to be bundled, you should sell the bundles up-front even if some of the art is pending to save customers time. For example, I went though the cumbersome (compared to Star Citizen) check-out process 6 times buying the Prosperity items individually before the 6-pack (Fishing Pole, Axe, Pickaxe, Skinning Knife, Sickle, and Ho) and/or conversion system was announced. So that's 6 individual trips through your shop system followed with by PayPal's dual-factor authentication system.

What compounds matters slightly is you have the 6-pack of prosperity items for sale and have just announced the Smithing Hammer. Now I could buy it now, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there will be a hypothetical 12-pack of prosperity items half-a-year from now which includes the original 6-pack + 6 new items so why don't I instead just save myself the pain of going through your shopping system 6 times, and in 6 months time just "melt" (to borrow a phrase from Star Citizen) the 6-pack of prosperity items and make a single purchase for the 12-pack. It means less hassle for me and the price will be no worse than had I bought them individually so it's a win-win.

I presume the reason they're being drip-fed is just for the news updates, but to be honest, you could do the following to maintain that news momentum and make life a little easier for customers. Simply:
    • Figure out how many items you are going to sell in a bundle
    • Announce it up front and offer the bundle for sale so then customers only have to make a single payment
    • Continue to announce the items individually in the newsletters and sell them separately too for those who don't want a bundle.
    Hope that makes sense and is helpful feed-back :) The general point is that a streamlined more hassle-free experience for customers and the ability to announce items do not need to be mutually exclusive.

Tizon, Gaumarol, Gemini and 4 others like this.
  20. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Agree 100%.

Golem Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.