Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bullitin boards?

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Vladamir Begemot, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

How do we test this out?

Numa, Time Lord, Vyrin and 1 other person like this.
  2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

They are not in the game yet. Won't be in until patch early next week

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@DarkStarr and Devs. I see from the R43 notes that bulletin boards are for POTS and Lots. I am maybe not seeing the whole picture but my rallying for Bulletin boards has been to connect the world.

And which yes could be accomplished ''if'' players will go into POTs which some do not want to at all. They want to only use NPC type towns.

Blessings in POTs imo was a fantastic reason to visit a POT, just like I thought having seeds only available in certain areas drives players to visit certain NPC towns along with an in-game achievment system for exploration. Regarding seeds I did read somewhere this is changing to be easier to get them. My thought is consider keeping it that we find seeds, blessings in POTs and seeds in other areas and for pots as reason to visit for both ;). Also rare seeds and herbs could be found and rewarded as quest rewards.

I pictured players walking along the road and visiting the Bulletin board to see what is happening around the world or grabbing that wanted poster as a task for pvp and possible questline criminal points generated it. So we shall see, just first thoughts on this great new game item and thank you so much for making it happen. You guys are the best[​IMG] . ;)

[​IMG]

4. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

@majoria70 your idea is great, use bulletin board to make player created quest or request would be intersting, and why not also give player the capacity of earn experience tought them? I Mean why don't use my experience as reward integrated with gold for a task in the game;

An easy example of player created quest can be:

Quest title: Corpion Claw Wanted
    Quest introduction: Due to my lack of time cause i'm Always busy in mines I can't provide my self for corpion claw, so i'm hiring an hunter to hunt them for me, the hunter will be greatly rewarded for the time he will spend hunt down those Dangerous corpion. Wextel MoonShadow
    Task: Bring Wextel MoonShadow 50 corpion claw;
    Reward: 10.000 exp and 2500 gp

And that is just a basic way to do it, if more features are done like the possibility of add an item to a zone for the quest giver and the possibility of drop it for who is flagged on the quest, you will open a universe of possibility.

Now why people should make task or quests? They will use experience as money of Exchange,resources or equipement as quest reward, the big problem is find a way avoid people selling exp. But on the other hands that would create a lot of gameplay inside the game.

@DarkStarr @Attenwood @Chris

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  5. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

I can see the use of XP as currency getting horribly abused. I do not like that.

6. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

We should calculate or think a method to avoid that, or better avoid the abuse of that, the ideas i have now in a few seconds are:

Use a % of the pooled experience, not the total but of the pooled, that mean the reward can't exceed a certain amount; Like 1% of the pooled experience i have.
    Make a table with related quest difficulty and related reward putted inside, that will became bound on player; (I mean quest reward value 5 , quest difficulty 5, exp awarded 5, all paramaters must match the 5 difficulty table value)
    Limit the number of quests that can award experience per week;
    Limit the exp a quest can give to 10k exp;
    Limit the number of quest created by players i can do per week;

But i think well, even if a player sell 50k exp per week he will create gameplay, and maybe we can also incentivate quest maker by giving a vote rate on quests, from 1 to 5 star; More star a quest giver accumulate more shiny will become is bulletin board and more star will be above it. Basically players will became game maker, so ye use exp as currency can be weird, but if we use that well, that can become an infinite source of game for players, they will Always have something to do, and will also help new player cause they can be rewarded with gear, it will incentivate the trade beetween items, cause i can put a piece of gear as reward etc. and so the problem of igg cashflow etc. will just go away itself.

7. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

But there are players within the game who have extreme amounts of experience.
    If it were locked at 10k I could go for that. 10k isn't much for a higher end player, but for a newer player that's possibly the best source of xp as the storyline does not give you enough until the end.

Wextel likes this.
  8. Wextel

Wextel Avatar

We can also insert a check that match adv level and exp awarded to the player:)

9. TheWanderingPoet

TheWanderingPoet Avatar

That could get complicated though as the player paying that XP wont want to give based on the other players XP nor their own XP.
    The experience has to come from someone after all, not just from thin air.

10. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

I've crafted one, can't figure out how to attach anything to it. Is there a trick to it? I am trying to place random notes/bits of paper I've accumulated in my inventory.

11. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

The boards require their own paper.

Numa and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  12. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Just discovered that, on my way to Owl's Head :)

Berek likes this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bulletin boards purchased in the store (see them there tomorrow!) will come with 10 flyers to get you started.

14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't really understand how flyers will work, are they just single use?
    Can players take a flyer with them? (are these unlimited?)
    Can players put flyers on other people's bulletin boards?

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

My guess will be the board is just a wall that can display flyers as additional deco items, and each flyer shows it's message as a mouseover, just like a sign.

I'm also betting that each flyer could as a deco, which will hurt with already limited external deco counts.

16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yea, it sounds like the way it works now is by attaching deco flyers to them (I haven't tested). While cool, I was hoping eventually be more than that, like be a flyer-only version of a public vendor -- for reading only, of course --which could then break the postings into different categories. That type of thing would be a good player resource.

17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I was hoping that ONE flyer would be an unlimited supply to any player that wanted to take it from the bulletin board and put it into their inventory. If you wanted to edit the flyer, you'd have to make a new one and replace it. But you could conceivably keep the same flyers up forever if you wanted to and players could always read them or take one.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Meh.
    Mail system, Bullitin boards.....

[​IMG]

Numa and Time Lord like this.
  19. Athanil

Athanil Avatar

They work the same as notes. You can craft them using blank sheets and metal scrap. Guess you make a nail out of that scrap. Best part is that you don't even need a bulletin board to use them. You can also pin them on almost everything else, wooden walls, hedges, the walls of houses, in and outside. Only thing i can't pin them on (which i have tested) are doors and decorations like cabinets.

20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.