1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequence Process

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

yeah. i prefer to not live in a cave/cellar or mine etc etc :p and the houses ive seen barely have enough room to turn around in.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  2. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Could this matrix be more complex than the game itself? :confused:

3. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Sir Lancelots
    I don't believe it to be terribly complex, it just seems quite drawn out. I worked up a spreadsheet that shows the selection sequence in addition to calculating example date windows for selection.*

*Disclaimer Alert: This is just my personal understanding of the sequence; it has not been verified by Portalarium. DLMB ;)

Anyone can save a copy and play with the settings to see how it effects the overall time frame. Right now, given the current 10 hour window at each group (specified in the OP by @DarkStarr), it will take approximately 6 weeks for lot selection from start to finish.

mhoward48, Deliverence, Numa and 2 others like this.
  4. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Grand work Koldar!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Thank you Koldar, i now understand how the lot selection will work.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hmm, if a player who owns a town want that town to be also available during the lotrush, what would be the process?

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

That's a very good question. I think the answer is unfortunately that they'd be out of luck.

I think the "lot rush" cart has already been pushed before the "player town" horse.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Hmm, but isn't PaxLair for instance already in there? Would those lots be available if set as "for sale".
    Maybe they will simply have all player town lots unavailable during lotrush.

Lord Lonn R-10 WOLF likes this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

No I think some people will have an advantage (like Pax Lair) and others will not be included. I'm ok with this either way. I understand that it's not fair, but it's a development life cycle problem. If you keep all player towns from participating in the lot rush, you hurt the game because it makes it more chaotic. You want people to have as many choices as possible during the lot rush, not less.

Numa and Veylen The AenigmA like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Amen to that.

11. Scolari79

Scolari79 Avatar

I would think player towns would have lot assignments done before the game goes live. Then the timing on when you place wouldn't matter since owner hands out keys to the lots.

Gaelis, Bodhbh Dearg and smack like this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, that's how it would work. The owner owns all the keys to each lot and assignments are pretty much done out-of-game, at any time. There is no "rush" to claim when it comes to player-owned towns, as you simply deal with the town owner directly. NPC towns are the only ones involved in the land rush.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You assume there is a requirement that a settlement owner must live in the settlement they own.

The game will have no knowledge of whether a lot in a player owned settlement is earmarked for any given player, whether a settlement owner or not. To exclude settlement owners from the land rush would be to punish them for having contribute an additional $750.00 or more to the development of the game.

14. smack

smack Avatar

The lot selection sequence process doesn't make sense for player owned towns and makes it a moot point, really. With NPC towns, the "game" owns the keys to those lots and must give it to the first claim. With player-owned towns, the town owner owns those keys and can choose to give it to whoever they want. Furthermore, town owners can effectively fill out their towns now.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

All true. What is the relevance of any of this to what I wrote?

16. smack

smack Avatar

Certainly any player, including town owners, that owns land deeds can participate in the land rush based on their selection window. But if you're a town owner that doesn't actually own any land deeds, you can't participate in the lot selection process.

So just being a town owner doesn't qualify you in the lot selection process. You also need to actually own a land deed for use in your own town (or others) or for use in the land rush (for NPC towns).

17. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Forgive me if this is already known but now u spawn with the deed if u have a lot on ur account. In release willcthis still be so? I can just claim a lot asap without having to acquire the deed or buy a house design unless i dont own it on my account?

Or is it up in the air. Sometimes its hard to tell fact from speculation

18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Your pledge comes with the lot deed, and an ability to construct a house based on the type of pledge.

Veylen The AenigmA likes this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Again, all true, and I'm still confused as to why you're pointing this out to me. I Grok the Lot Selection Process, and the requirements thereof in its totality.

Earlier in this thread it was implied that settlement owners should be excluded from the land rush. I was simply pointing out why this would be unfair.

20. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Thank you so much for the explanation!
    Since some of the pledges have the waterfront cabana coming with the pledge will there be enough waterfront properties for those like me that have pledged in the very beginning ( March 11th 2013 pledge ) as long as we are on during the original time frame that the lot selection is opened up? I understand that obviously if I'm not able to log on until late in the lot selection I lose out, but I'm hoping to be there in the early stages of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.