1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Selection Sequencing: Date of Pledge also a factor

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

According to the R4 release schedule:
    • Player Housing: The housing system will be relaunched with persistence in the online space. Housing choices will now be based on backer level, add on purchase, or what can be bought in the game. Waterfront housing will also come online.

This leads me to believe that the selection of lots is closer than we think, certainly before launch. This is just further speculation but I can't really imagine them performing lot selection without giving us a map (think ticketmaster stadium seating or airline flight seating) of all the available lots.

Perhaps the April 7th date is more important than we have been told. ;)

Akeashar and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

That quote just means they are testing that users have the permissions set correctly. There will not be any permanence in any of these releases.

Furious Farmer and TheMadHermit like this.
  3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Almost certainly true, but I'm guessing we'll see lot selection well before release of the game.

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Final lot selection (and name selection) won't happen until right before launch at year end. There will be many wipes between now and then

5. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

I actually would have thought it would take place after the game has been live for a bit and people are settled in and have scouted out the areas they like. (maybe depends on how much of the map will be open in beta) I wouldn't like to pick a lot without seeing it in person. :)

6. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Ah, thanks Starr. :)

BorgKitten likes this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Early access testing should give everyone plenty of time to scout the map

8. smack

smack Avatar

Will the entire mainland be available to explore prior to launch? It's been said you guys would hold back some content but it wasn't clear if that just meant story/quests or some towns or other POIs where player housing might be available.

In any case, I'm still debating even leaving The Hidden Vale.

9. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

I really like that idea. Give access to a topagraphical map of all the towns, so you can select your one lot from the tiers you have available. Maybe with Google Street View (or the unity equivalent) to scope out the block. ^~

Having to run to and hop onto the lot you want on the day sounds too fiddly to me, even if they do give us temporary portals to all the villages, towns and cities.

Just have to see how it all pans out! ^^

Grayhawk likes this.
  10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Lonestranger typed up this excellent lot sequence thing, we discussed it in a thread and I think it solves all issues with placing lots.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MFzgn0yHrRf323cZ60UnACZCjFkhBB7EtZIQ3jVMoGs/edit

I also expect like Darkstarr said we'll get an excellent feel of popular locations in episode 1 during early access, so no fear of not finding the good spots, these will change in episode 2 though I expect.

Deliverence, Hazard, licemeat and 3 others like this.
  11. Chuzpah Goodfellow

Chuzpah Goodfellow Avatar

This discussion reminds me of the time when my wife and I were looking for a lot for our second house. With our first home we settled on a small lot because with a baby on the way we wanted time to get things situated before the due date. After we quickly realized we outgrew our small home we spent a lot more time going to lot pickings, etc for second home. As it turns out a lot of new homes were being built at the time (early 2000s) so we had the rare opportunity to pick a lot before a house was constructed. We must have looked at over 100 vacant lots before we chose the one we built our house on. There was a lot of competition, and since the prices kept raising it made us nervous but we eventually won the lot. During this process I created a spreadsheet of first, second, and third choices for lot locations (just in case).

Dame Lori likes this.
  12. Sir Brenton

Sir Brenton Avatar

Excellent news.

That is all.

13. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

Late to the game here myself, as I missed the KS round, and kind of lost touch for a bit. Luckily, I was planning on a rather overgrown lane in a forgotten village to pitch my wizard's tower. Hope to scout some areas later this month. Unless I do the guild thing and pick something near to the guild location.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  14. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

Will PVP be enabled during lot selection windows?

[​IMG]

O`Sullivan and DeftAvatar like this.
  15. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

Just a quick question on this - if I initially made a pledge that didn't include a land deed and then subsequently upgraded to include one, which date is taken into account?
    I made my initial pledge via the Kickstarter, however that initial pledge was not at a level that included a deed.
    Since then I've referred a couple of friends, and upped my own pledge and am now at the point where I do have a pledge that includes a deed. There is also a good chance I may upgrade further and go to Knight level.
    So which date is taken into consideration with regards the land rush? The date I originally pledged (but at a level without a deed) or the date at which my pledge also included a land deed?

Ta

16. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@Stoofa
    Your initial pledge date is what counts.

Stoofa likes this.
  17. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

Thanks for that confirmation - I wont go as far as to say I'll sleep easier, but nice knowing where I'll be once the land rush begins :)

18. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

house, house I need a house...sounds a bunch like the early days of Trammel...Mad rush to place, stacks of people looking at the same spot...please tell me the game has at least as many house spots and people wanting to play :)-~ or even that only so many lots will be sold...so anyone that has a lot can actually expect to be able to place..even if they need to work and miss the initial lot placing days...

This could be really cool or really be a game burner if done wrong...

Oh, ya, one more question...I think it is really cool that so many early founders/benefactors are getting a leg up in the game, that is cool...I would have opted in early but only really heard about the project a short time ago...I am in now, that is also cool...But, I need to find out details on the game, how might I be able to make up for lost time...what threads, or information is available for a newbie?

Thanks in advance for your time and help....Be well and have fun!!

19. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

The way I caught up was such :
    1. Watch all the dev chat videos. They are all accessible via the main site, starting back on this page and working forward : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=29385&paged=18
    2. Then visit this forum and view all the Developer posts, accessible via : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?dev-tracker/content
    After that, I simply starting reading every new post on the forum to keep abreast on the latest info.

There are also external sites available collecting information into a single location, which I'm sure someone will be along to mention.

However, my own personal preference was towards the official entries noted above, simply to avoid clouding my judgement with rumor/speculation.

Redhammer likes this.
  20. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I'am #2046 Founder Lord. Pledged April 2013. i think my chances are looking good at getting a premo spot.

Redhammer, Deliverence and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.