1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Purchase, Transfer, and Gifting of Founder Pledges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

WtF Dragon is an excellent journalist. I always enjoy reading his articles, though that one could use an update since things have changed and settled down over the past few weeks. Anyway, good link wagram.

enderandrew likes this.
  2. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

What time today does the founder pledge gift drive expire, and do we also have to do our benefactor/founder merges before the deadline (or can that be done later this week)?

3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

As far as I understand, this will expire today at midnight Portalarium local time. And it should be enough, to pay differences for getting the total up to the intended pledge level founder price and sending the email for merge requests within this time.
    Please consider, that emails may take also some time go get delivered or may fail at all, so waiting to the very last minute may not be the best idea.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Jatvardur likes this.
  4. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

what is Portulariums local time? not everyone is in the US :p

5. Furmanator

Furmanator Avatar

CST

6. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

thats 8 hours behind me so time enough to do a last upgrade

7. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

If a player has already purchased a pledge to gift to a friend, how do they gift it? Is there a function for this or do we have to contact FireLotus directly?

8. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

you cant gift the only pledge on an account

9. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

If it is already purchased - is it listed in your account under pledges as one of multiple?
    If so, contact Portalarium via email support@portalarium.com with relevant information needed to split up (account name holding the pledges, which pledge should go to the new account, target account name/email ...) If any upgrade is necessary to meet the wanted pledge level for this account, I assume this should be paid before to still gain the benefit of founder prices.

If you have already a separate account containing this pledge, the easiest way would be to hand over the credentials to the friend directly and have him only change the basic data, like email address.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

10. Sunsanvil

Sunsanvil Avatar

I know someone will point me to an existing page/post with the details, but since time is of the essence, can someone just tell me quick what I need to do to merge my old benefactor with my new founder? Just send an email to Portalarium in plain English saying "please merge these"...?

11. Furmanator

Furmanator Avatar

Yes support@portalarium.com

NRaas and Olahorand like this.
  12. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well I bought a gift pledge on another email address I use and then when I wnated to give it to them I went into that account and changed the email address to theirs. Then gave them a b-day card with the account name and password.
    If you're speaking of you have 2 pledges listed under the same account then yeah, you'll have to go through support.

13. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I PM'd Fire Lotus a few days ago with my friend's account info and which pledge to transfer (I have two on my account). I'll contact her at support@portalarium.com to be safe as well.

14. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Similar to the above, I purchased an account for a friend but can't see it on my account (it is supposed to be, already spoken with support). Was hoping to upgrade it before deadline, but don't see it on my account, getting anxious! Hoping it goes through and that I can get the desired price. Card is ready swipe and they know I'm good for the money. ;-)

UPDATE:

@Rustic Dragon just announced in the 24 hour telethon that anyone who has an outstanding support request will be dealt with in due course and they shouldn't panic about doing something before the deadline. They have an absolute ton of support requests now in a huge backlog. Support will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Sweet! *mops brow*

15. Gipsylass

Gipsylass Avatar

Hi All,

I read about Shrouds of the Avatar a little while back and since I'm a fan of the old UO game I decided to give it a try but almost forgot that today is the deadline to become a founder.
    Lucky enough I remembered just in time but now I'm a bit lost at what to do.

So I have a short question - if I pledge today will I automatically become a founder or will I have to pledge first and then also have to buy a founder gift from a player? I'm not quite getting this.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks.

majoria70 likes this.
  16. herradam

herradam Avatar

You need to have a founder send you a pledge to get founder status.

17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

You'll need to pledge through a founder.

18. Gipsylass

Gipsylass Avatar

So I have to pay twice? Once I pledge and pay 45/55/65 or more $$ to SoA and then another 30 or more to a player?

Really?

19. herradam

herradam Avatar

Nah. Your first pledge can be from a founder.

20. Gipsylass

Gipsylass Avatar

Thanks all, I think I got it now - I can either get a pledge from a founder and then upgrade to founder or else I could pledge as a founder (or above) to SoA directly using the 20$ Alienware gift.

Since I don't have a paypal account and I'm not from the US pledging directly to SoA is probably easier.

Edit: Done... :) and just in time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.