1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Purchase, Transfer, and Gifting of Founder Pledges

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

Well that is the second crazy thing.
    I was the person (please don't hate me) that opened up this whole can of worms a couple of weeks ago when I first mentioned it on the forums and everything kicked off.
    If I make someone a "founder" they can then gift founder pledges to others.
    I assumed a "founder could make a founder", but I assumed the new founder would not then be able to gift pledges themselves.
    *Shrug* - Not sure of the idea behind allowing that, because the founders made within the last couple of weeks were never promised the ability to gift more founder pledges.

Grayhawk likes this.
  2. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Lord Balor Granitecrushe Avatar

In my opinion, I think only "original" founders should be allowed to offer the service.

3. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

From my experience it cannot be that massive - since I offered my services here and on a few other places, I got exactly 0 replies asking for my help.
    So the only pledge I can count on would be the one, which already was planned anyway and only moved forward due to the store bug in the beginning.
    Or maybe addressing German language people first wasn't a good idea at all *grin*
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Should have been, yes. Should have been as easy as adding a "original" founder flag to accounts, and only allowing those to gift.

alas....

5. smack

smack Avatar

It's all good folks. Every Benefactor should convert and become a Founder. Founders who convert them can get their $25 referral credit. Seriously, make the most of this promotion while it lasts (ends April 8) and it will also provide a temporary boost in funding if all 4000 Benefactors convert. And, the original "early founders" are now Royal Founders and got their nifty shield too :)

6. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

There is a fair amount of demand there, people do want the upgrade.
    I did upgrade a few people, but alas there are a hardcore group in the "players market" forum who will just bump their threads to the top and get all the pledges - personally I tended to do a morning bump as I went online, but others just bump the second they post is no longer top.
    So yes, there is demand and great if you can bring in friends etc. But ya won't get a look in on the forums here :)

Miracle Dragon and Shadow like this.
  7. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I don't want a nifty shield or pathetic meaningless Title I'd prefer my money back.
    So what ever may look good to you all in Dev+ chat I will not be accepting digital fluff for what as been done.

Joviex likes this.
  8. Lord Balor Granitecrushe

Lord Balor Granitecrushe Avatar

I'm torn between the desire to see the game get the additional funding, my personal desire to be a "founder", because I missed the KS, and my desire for the original founders to keep their exclusive feeling of being in from the beginning.

I do think that only "original" founders should have had the ability to gift founder status.

I had always planned to be a Lord in the game. I feel that represents a fairly significant investment in the game, and proof that I believe in the project.

I do hope that those founders who feel slighted by the situation will realize that when it comes down to it, any funds coming into the game will be to the benefit of everyone.

9. Duke Olahorand

Lord - eying this too, but ... yes its a fairly high gap from my current Knight pledge, a gap, which can hardly be justified on the family budget without relationship troubles - so such referals from pledges would help.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

Lord Baldrith and Gracekain like this.
  10. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

You have posted a link dated 9th April 2013 two days after the kickstarter Campaign ended,
    This funding campaign selling out the principles of crowdsourcing campaigns on kickstarter does not even meet conditions in the link you have added to justify why it as been done.

1 You are allowing anyone that pledged After Sunday April 14 2013 to buy up founder pledges and gift them to anyone else.

2 When it says in the kickstarter link that whereas new backers will only have access to the new tiers after April 14th 2013.

3 Why people requesting extra accounts for gifting were not sent to the Kickstarter Campaign to open extra accounts.

4 Opening up a separate campaign on your website 23rd March 2013 and not putting this on Kickstarter when funding had begun and before the Conclusion of the campaign. This meant you were in fact withholding information from potential backers. Why would anyone have bothered to pledge to Kickstarter when they could wait for a year to see how the game development was going and still get exactly the same rewards that were promised on Kickstarter.

5 And with the gifting of founders pledges it is allowing the gifted founder to start buying up and handing out founder pledges with the added recruitment bonus of $25 credit even it is to a benefactor backer.

6 How many exactly were these numerous requests as a percentage of the original 22,322 Founders that asked for a way to bypass kickstarter rules or was it because Star Citizen had managed a well run secondary campaign after kickstarter.

7 If they were gifts why have Portalarium set up a market place allowing adverts requesting players send money so players can pay for and then send them these so called gifts.

Giving a new title as Royal Founder and some meaningless items are not what I pledged for, and nothing from Portalarium I have seen on any forum thread concerning this or any other matter give me any confidence that anyone really listens,cares or as any intention of doing anything except hoping it all goes away.

Grace Period & Kickstarter Integration

There were many people that were unable to get their pledges processed correctly when the Kickstarter campaign closed on Sunday morning. We are extending a one-week grace period allowing people to make pledges for the same Kickstarter tiers on our SotA website. This grace period ends at end-of-day on Sunday, April 14.
    Kickstarter Backers can Purchase/Upgrade Pledges at Initial Prices for One Year!

We took a cue from our buds over at Star Citizen and decided that those who pledged during our initial campaign (at $25 First Responder tier and above) can purchase further tiers, or upgrade existing ones, at the same price they were available during the Kickstarter campaign, thru April 7, 2014 (pending availability of limited tiers)! WooHoo!
    New Tiers, Add-Ons, and the Layaway Plan!

We are currently designing the new tiers for brand new backers, and should have those available by end-of-day Sunday, April 14th, at the conclusion of our current one-week grace period. It is our intention for all Kickstarter backers to be able to purchase/upgrade to both the previous tiers (pending availability of limited tiers), and the new tiers, whereas new backers after April 14th will only have access to the new tiers.
    We are just about ready to go live with a new version of our web store that includes add-ons that all backers can add to their pledges. Keep an eye out for that sometime later this week, or early next week.
    Also, we received many requests by people that wanted to purchase the more expensive tiers but couldn't afford to pay it all at once. We are working on a plan that will allow monthly payments towards tier purchases. The total cost of a tier paid for monthly may be higher than paying all at once, but we're still working out the details. You'll hear more about this in a future update.

Caliya likes this.
  11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I would love to see a discussion about this with people who are not involved in it.

Neutral. Not a founder, bene, gifter, developer. The third perspective is missing hardcore.

These opinions would be for me the only that count.

All the rest of us, me included are "infected opinions" and we all are out of fresh arguments.

Kaisa and O`Sullivan like this.
  12. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I could post it the details on another forum but I don't think it would "help" anything, we have a situation that turned into a no win scenario and I believe most of us think portalarium has done the best they can do given the alternatives. No matter what someone will think they went back on what they said they would do. They have come up with what will be most beneficial to all involved. They erred on the side of doing more instead of taking things away. Which I think is a great policy.

13. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I agree, I know I have lead the charge on quite a few issues, so for me to say this thread is getting old would be hypocritical. However I do agree that the neutral opinion is the only thing that can bring a fresh voice to this debate. Everything else just seems to be repeating (Which I have done myself).

14. Borg

Borg Avatar

No neutral opinion will change the fact that this is a rude move towards Kickstart Campaing bakers.
    It seems that the Obsidian Darkness is darker than we could ever imagine......

Anyway I'm not going to judge the reasons behind this move ( I can imagine, no need to be so smart)

So if I understood well if I send a (40$+) gift I get a 25$ referral bonus to my own pledge.
    I have a question here.

Is this only working when gifting to Benefactors and new accounts?
    I mean, is it possible to get referral bonus if I gift an already Founder account?

15. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Haven't tried gifting a founder yet... I'm curious if that works or not. Let me know if anyone knows the answer to that.

It shouldn't work, because then I just gift someone adventurer pledge 12x I get 300, they gift me adventurer pledge 12x, i get 480, 780 total and I'm only out 480.. saving $300 on a knight pledge.

You could argue I'm doing the same thing, but the difference is I'm actually giving people something(Founder rewards), and only 1x.. helping 30 people to reach that point, not just gifting one person a bunch to save money... especially with a back and forth reward thing like that.. would be bad.

I'd expect if it is possible the dev's are watching this to make sure it doesn't happen.

O`Sullivan likes this.
  16. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

A neutral opinion? Are there people surfing these forums that have not backed the game and are willing to give their "neutral" opinion?

If they did, would you listen, because after all, they're outsiders?

;)

wagram likes this.
  17. Caliya

Caliya Avatar

Obsidian Darkness sounds like a great sequel. I mean, we are starting with the subtitle, "Forsaken Virtues."

Seems fitting. :D

18. haselbach

haselbach Avatar

I found out about SotA through an unrelated podcast yesterday (let's talk bitcoin). I read everything I could find on SotA and made a pledge at the Collector level before noon. I was then gifted with a Founder-Adventurer pledge.

I still wish I had been involved earlier at the Kickstarter level. Even with the "Founder" status, I know that I wasn't involved in getting the game off the ground and passed its first and most important hurdle and it kind of bums me out. Those of you who were willing, able and aware to do that are the shyt. I tip my hat to you.

I appreciate the ability to make up for lost time. On the other hand, I think there should be a difference between the true Founders and us that came later. We're all important to the game getting off the ground, but the Kickstarter folks really made it happen. That should be honored in some meaningful way.

19. Duke Olahorand

We are honored, my friend, we are. Not each honor can be purchased or put as decoration on a wall or pays somewhat to the own pledge as a recruitment bonus.
    I think that we together made a hopefully great game - or should I say virtual world - possible with our pledges is honor enough.
    And your pledges help still to reach additional stretch goals or to increase the resources available for the team creating the world our avatars will live on.
    So feel welcome here and enjoy the coming.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

haselbach likes this.
  20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.