Reduce posibilities to grind and exploit like Mode switch!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Stundorn, Mar 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's not the point.
    Nobody wants that. Especially me.

Sir Brenton and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I know best for myself what i want to say and is best for me. Thank you.
    Try to rule someone else and keep your statistics.
    This Kind of arguing isnt about the gamemechanic.
    I dont see why people talk about playstyles. I talk about gamemechanics abd wanted them to be overseen as a wishlist request.
    Why you feel accused or talked about your playstyle.
    If you want to keep this gamemechanic because it fits your playstyle then argue why this is so good for you and the community and why its fun and challenging to switch modes and dont tell me how often this or that was said and by whom and it is better not to discuss.
    Then just dont partake, this is nor constructive neither on topic.

Shanna likes this.
  3. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The problem with OPs suggestion is it is not only bosses that are effected. ALL HIGHLEVEL AREAS are mode switched to optimize the spawn rate if you want to quench out as much XP/hour as you can. If you are working family father you don't want to spend hours waiting for respawn ;)

I am not happy with how the modes turned out tbh.

GrayFog likes this.
  4. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

@Net above explained why this can happen in an forum :p

I have seen tons of threads already in this forum where 2 or 3 people fill several pages.
    But i do not completly disagree with you, sometimes it's really quite too much and i know i have made quite too many posts in this thread already too :/

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Why is is that troll grinding or boss grinding is a problem to anyone. It is group play available to any who want to. The thing is this game will look a lot different once we have all the components in. We totally do not at this time so people hang out and do whatever they do and to call it an exploit, I beg your pardon. That means calling me and many other loyal backers exploiters. I have little to no interest in the loot but some do of course which is fine. It gives them a reason to play which is what this game desperately needs at the moment and to think this is how the game will always look is forgetting where we are, which is in a world devoid of any completed system what so ever. Believe me I would so love to have the abilities in game to go fish up a treasure map from my message in a bottle, or a clue to help me solve a mystery in a quest I have already in my journal.

I would love to have a list of achievements from exploring the world and trying out different systems in the game. We do the best we can do for now and we should not be labeled exploiters for trying to find reasons to play and atm it is grinding and heaven forbid that is all there will ever be in this game. I am totally with you on that. It frustrates me as much as anyone, but I keep calling on patience and to remember I am trying to play a game in development and so that is my choice. :). And no to making these options unavailable or punishing us for doing boss kills. It is not me against you. Everyone must find their own way to make it through the development cycle. I have a problem with all the cries for exploit extermination, botters is another thing. We are all backers give us some space to make it through this, the devs are totally aware people are killing the bosses. They also know it gives many a reason to play which is totally lacking in this game at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do not think he is calling anyone exploiters, he is just pointing out what he thinks is an exploit in game play. I do not think he means it to be personal to anyone. This is just my opinion.

Stundorn likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks, I got a little ranting in that post lol. I agree I didn't mean to make it sound personal. He is a great passionate poster and fan of the game. I do understand and respect him and the passion. Thanks for calling attention to that point ;)

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's why the title is "Reduce possibilities to grind like mode switch"

I have more unpopular Ideas to reduce such grind ;)

Singleparent father here :eek:

9. redfish

redfish Avatar

@majoria70, @Ravicus Domdred ,

Yea the point isn't to criticize players, its to criticize the game design that allows them to do that.

lucasjung and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes I agree :)

11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@majoria70

12. Flientje Vantmeeden

Flientje Vantmeeden Localization Team

*throws a handful fairyglitter @Stundorn *
    (handmade and blanked out of ebon cultists!)

Stundorn likes this.
  13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Thanks @Flientje Vantmeeden I am just too passionate about making the game more accessible to casual gamers who
    won't accept to have to grind and in the end are glad that they can switch modes because that makes the grind faster.
    I understand the concerns , but the first intention is to have more immersing and less repeating gameplay.
    I understand that this "exploit" makes it easier to grind even for casual gamers, but i am disappointed that we have to grind like this and special to this huge amount to be able to play all aspects of the game.
    If people won't accept such gamemechanics and ask for better and just let of things like that i think it would be better for this game in a long term.

Edit:
    I see the x Million XP to GM a skill as a long term goal.
    And this should it be, but people strive and abuse every possibility to have no long term development.
    I think this lift of measures leads to endless asking for more and more high level content and let the whole process of development which should be always fun, challenging, diversified etc become just a pain to play.
    And I think this is not good for the game. And not necessary, and not fun (at least for me).

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes sorry I didn't mean to make it directed at 'you', I took it out ;). I appreciate trying to find a way to remove the grind. It is crazy.

Also to remember we cannot totally remove the grind though or we would have some people quit the game. That is their relaxation after a long day at work. I do know many people like this. They do not want to be bothered and just want to grind for a bit ;). Choices is always going to be the way to go.

One thing that would help is stopping it with the 'yellow' bar thing. Get some water and you get a yellow bar, what's up with that?. Go fishing and get a 'yellow' bar. The 'yellow' bar makes every action we do devoid of any features, it is the easy way out or a place holder. *crosses fingers*. It makes the game seem like much more of a grind than it needs to.

Examples of planting action bars would be that a bar opens up when planting saying that you can click on that says 1-plant seed, 2-add fertilizer(with a drop down of fertilizer choices), 3-water plant, 4-harvest plant. Well just as a bad example.

Also for fishing I am so hoping they take that 'yellow' bar away as well. There should be the neatest choices for fishing on an action bar. For example: 1-add bait to line with choices of bait (perhaps dropdown), 2-cast line, 3-tighten line. Lol well here is a video of examples. It won't feel like so much less of a grind if actions are put into the actions, well imo ;)

Stundorn likes this.
  15. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

This!

I have no problem if people like to chop 5000 trees. But bosses drop rares and are a part of the world.
    Just for me it's absolutely immersion breaking if I kill a troll twice in 10 minutes . Hard enough to explain it to do it every day.
    I just want moderate measurement . We shouldn't orientate on what can be done in extremes.

The devs should find ways to reduce some actions to be repeated over and over again.
    Chopping wood or harvesting silver isn't on that list, but grinding bosses/rare drops should be.

That's just my opinion to help the game become better!

lucasjung likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol well I think even trees should drop a rare drop occasionally, give us something to grind for. And when crafting perhaps I make 2 of something occasionally or something different happens, well occasionally. All grind is not going to do away, most mmo's have grind, but perhaps for those who don't want to grind, they can create work orders to let others grind for them. This was suppose to be the plan and to me it got pushed aside instead of implemented and just thrown on vendors, (one of my irritations *sighs*, no bulletin boards);). So I'll post them again lol ;) Well you never know perhaps we'll get our wanted posters and work orders for other players on them yet. ;) Well and we could get more bosses to run around too ;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

The problem that the developers face is trying to balance the subjective interpretation of each individual's likes and dislikes. Many of the things that you list as immersion breaking, I actually enjoy. I killed the troll last night for 2 hours straight in FPO mode, never saw another person besides my guildmate with me of course, got absolutely nothing special in drops and I enjoyed every moment of it. I wasn't grinding, I was just playing, and that's what I felt like doing. If you asked any 10 people what they like or dislike about the game, you will probably get 10 completely different answers.

The reason you can't get most people to see your point, is because your argument is simply subjective to your own personal preferences, (like most of us of course) and that keeps them from seeing your main complaint, which is the feeling that the devs are going to design the game based upon what hard core gamers can accomplish, as opposed to design it for someone who is trying to follow the story line in immersion and shouldn't have to grind incessantly in order to 'finish' the game or in order to be able to be 'competitive'.

And you are completely right - - - for 'your' preferred playstyle or vision of what this game should be. But as most all of us have had to learn over the life of these forums, we can contribute, but in the end it isn't about 'our' vision the game, it's about Richard's and the Dev's vision. If they really cared what 'I' thought, they would have trashed this deck combat system the day after they first thought of it.

Some people want to play the game as a story, some as a pvp mmo, and others as a dance studio with a gossip salon, who's preferred opinion is correct?

The main issue that you have a legitimate complaint about (IMO) is excessive grinding.

People grind for 'mostly' 2 reasons:

1) To get stuff : either resources for the crafting process or for chances to get 'rare' loot
    2) To raise their character skill levels to advance to the next tier

As to #1, I don't see any of that changing. You can't have a realistic crafting system without gathering resources (which I absolutely freaking hate doing and consider this to be a pain in the ass grind), and if you have a mob that drops an item, you can not stop people from farming that, if that's what they want to do with their time unless you make artifacts bind on pickup. Why should rare items remain rare? Will these be the only artifacts Port ever introduces? If everyone in the game should be able to access all content, then everyone will eventually have all artifacts and this by definition negates the word 'rare' doesn't it? Should each artifact drop only once per player, and not be sellable so that the 'only' way each player can get it is to complete that quest, or kill that boss personally? I'm sure that would go over real well.

Many people will play this game and never give 2 cents about the story.

As to #2, Any time that you have a 'level' or 'experience' based system, there is no way around the fact that you have created a 'measuring stick', by which access to content or skills is based. What exactly is the reason that we have to 'gain experience' in order to advance? Why is it that we can't just play? Oh yes, I remember now, everything has to have 'immersion' and 'realism'. You can't run before you can walk, so you have to spend countless hours learning to do both and everything in between. We want our immersion now don't we? Now how do we measure immersion for each person? Can we get a consensus here? Roflmao

You must also understand that many people want to advance to the top as quickly as they can, simply because the measurement process is there. They will put in countless hours to do it better, faster, and longer than you or anyone else. That is their joy, no less valid than whatever joy you receive from what you like to do in this game.

lucasjung and Stundorn like this.
  18. Shanna

Shanna Avatar

This is a great idea! I know I keep hoping that one of the instance bandits will drop something neat...probably because I haven't read the forum post yet which explains that no rares drop from low levels :p

Stundorn likes this.
  19. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I think the thread is going do derail...

I am thinking over to make my next compromise about SotA .
    1st was to accept PvP Scenes and the or my consensual debate.
    I wanted to handle the PvP Scenes and PK there in the future just as very, very dangerous places which I should just visit in groups and with strong protection and when i feel somewhat ready and competable (and not a sheep without any chance).
    To get to that point I was aware that this needs a lot of playing and some grind , which was ok to me.

But now i ask myself if I ever will be able to have fun with the competetive parts of the game. Not just PvP , but also economy wise.
    Because if it's intended and wanted by so many players that like to grind and exploit the selective MP (legally, in sense of optimization) I will never be competable and so i have to decide if I just let the whole competetive part of the game aside.

I like sandbox a lot more than Themenpark games, but when I see what the recommendations are to play all aspects of a sandbox game I have to admit, i am a too lazy and on immersion focussed player.

Well , I will rejoin the Repopulation again and see what's happening their now.
    And I can tell you i do not plan to roleplay there like i didn't roleplay in Darkfall, because of FFA PvP and my decision to found a rouge nation back in the days.

@Bow Vale @GrayFog calm down, it's just a game ;)

GrayFog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.