#SaveOurMines

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lace, Apr 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Except why buy from someone? Everyone can do everything. Are they going to buy if they can do it themselves? I rarely do. I never have that kind of money anyway and that is another story and I know, I know my own fault.

Scraps MacMutt and cartodude like this.
  2. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Everyone please just calm down and relax. Mines are finally beginning to resemble what is intended.

In the great words of a lot of players who responded so vehemently when many of us complained about pvp and and the awful deck combat:

"We are in Early Access, the game is not finished. The developers have plans and are working on implementing them. Please save your complaints and gripes until after release. If you don't like the development, don't play, we don't need/want you anyway."

Too bad most of the people who cared/complained about earlier things are gone and can't offer any support for your positions. As we were instructed then, please keep your negativity to yourself and only offer constructive criticisms once and then just move back to butterfly deco or something worthwhile like that.

When they came for the pvp'ers, you were silent.
    When they came for the hard-core combatants, you were silent.
    Now they come for the miners, and you expect anyone to care?

MrBlight, E n v y and Brass Knuckles like this.
  3. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

The entire point is that the proposed changes to mining will cripple the crafting system. Since crafting is unfinished and there's been no real word about when or if they intend to finish it, we are justifiably concerned.

You should be defending your own playstyle. I don't know anything about PvP(except that there are a lot of people who think forcing non-PvPers into PvP will be good for it), and not a lot about "hard-core combatants", what exactly do I have to contribute to those discussions? I certainly didn't go into your threads and tell you to shut up and sit down.

4. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Whether it is crippling the crafting system or not, is just a matter a of perspective. Obviously from the perspective of the Devs, it isn't. Most of you haven't even given it a decent chance.

As to whether you entered threads important to me or not is irrelevant, many, many, others did, and that is the gist of what we were told. So, basically, Suck-it Miners, along with tamers, crafters, pvp'ers, adventurers, new players, combatants, et al.

As long as EVERYONE is getting the shaft, it's FAIR, right?

So sayeth the Oracle,
    So sayeth us all.

Amen!

MrBlight, E n v y and Brass Knuckles like this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol, but this is a game homie, isn't the first objective of a game to have fun? :)

You already answered yourself in your previous post as to why there's a problem with not having enough ore, remember? :) You pointed out that the number of resources required to craft said gear is high. Ergo, there isn't enough ore to go around and it's causing a bottleneck. :D If you increase the amount of resources available, you reduce the amount of time necessary in gathering them which would increase supply but lower the price because the time investment isn't as great for production. Meaning, if you price too high in this scenario it would just incentivize me, the non-crafter, to just go out and make the sword myself.

The reason this doesn't happen now, is to your original point, resources are scarce and it takes a lot of xp to train those skills up to a level where you can make an item worth a damn. :)

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  6. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

And the same can be said for those who have multiple GM'S within 3-4 months after first release.

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Depends on what ore you are talking about. Iron? No problems there, I can get all the iron ore I need. Silver/gold? Tungsten and other T4 types? Yeah, those are a pain.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Point, but it was a systems issue and very easy to gm. Still is actually for those putting in any time. This is not a difficult some do the social thing some grind the content. I expect those who do alot of socializing will have gmed thier friends list while those grinding content will have many other types of gms.

Yea I know an example of the extremes.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Tin is the only alloy material I have issues with. Are you strong enough to try Spectral Mines(aka the best mine in the game)?

10. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Exactly!, you just hit the nail on the head of exactly what the developers are striving for in regards to gameplay, balance, and consequences. #PAIN

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Now here is a major point of disagreement. Crafter's are NOT forced to inflate their prices. At least not that much. Apparently some do so in order to make up what they think is the difference in profit they would have gained had they gone adventuring instead. If I go and harvest those materials myself then my only cost is coal and molds for smelting. If I then make a +9 epic plate chest and I only spent 1,000 gold on coal and molds.. then anything more than that is profit. If I put that on a vendor at say..2,000 gold I don't imagine it would last very long. But then someone would probably be trying to resell it for 15,000+ or something and it'd sit there collecting dust.

The more I think of it the more I think this is the best way to lower prices.. make the base resources so plentiful and cheap no one would be able to hike prices. Then even low level crafters could afford to buy them instead of harvesting to cut costs.

Vaiden Luro, cartodude and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

I used to do Spectral many releases ago, but the revamp to ghosts drove me away. I've built up to where I can grind in Serpent Spine Foothills, but havn't had a lot of luck actually breaking into a good mine. I'll give Spectral a try again to.

13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Given the choice.. those who dislike harvesting and refining would rather pay for goods than spend the time doing tedious chores. Especially those who don't have 24/7 to play.

Chrystoph Reis and cartodude like this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

No, what you are doing is saying that all of your time and effort has a value of 0. And in the process of creating that +9 armor, you likely blew up more than 2,000 gold worth of materials on failed enchants.

If you price things that way, you are killing any chance of a tiered market. You cannot buy materials to craft with and keep those prices. The only people who can sell at that price are those who's self value is zero.

Vaiden Luro and fonsvitae like this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I actually misspoke.. being at work I'm a little distracted. :) Some people in here have been talking about cutting back on supply as if too much was an issue.

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Lol, you wont hear me disagreeing on this point! I am always amazed at the prices of some items I see on vendors. Unfortunately, it's rather difficult for the consumer to gauge what the best price is because its hard to "shop around". :)

zyxe and Boris Mondragon like this.
  17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

If anything.. time and effort is subjective to the person putting in that time and effort. As far as blowing up 2k worth of material.. I just made a full suit of epic from +6 to +9 without a single fail.. so not really buying the 2k loss.

I would take exception to the term 'self value' but I'm certainly not going to sit around and calculate 'hmmm I spent 20 hours mining at 1,000 gold per hour.. and then.. " and then come up with some ridiculously high price no one will pay. And the whole thing with saying 'oh I would've made this much had I gone adventuring instead' and tagging the difference on to the price is in my opinion just being plain greedy.

Chrystoph Reis and cartodude like this.
  18. Arlin

Arlin Avatar

Are you thinking of Etceter? There aren't ghosts in the mine itself of Spectral. It is T5 and there are skeleton spawns though.

Sentinel2 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  19. Browncoat Jayson

No, I mean "If I just sold the gold ingots instead of using them I'd have got 5000 gold, so this suit needs to be worth at least that." Im not assigning arbitrary gold to my time, but I'm not eating the cost of every resource either.

20. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Arlin, Friend me in game Boris Mondragon, I would like to check the mine in Graff Island and compare it to Elysium in case that happens to be my new mining ground after they "Unclone" Elysium. R/Boris/El Pirata

discipleofweb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.