Things you DON'T want in Shroud of the Avatar or want improved

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Toxic_Knight, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

This may be a stupid question but will there be a native chat system in the game for communication with guilds/kindred, or will is there a particular chat program most people prefer to use?

2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do believe their will be guild chat. I do not believe their will be a world chat. I believe most of the social chatting will have to be in proximity to be seen or heard such as in real life. Not 100 percent certain on this but am fairly confident.

3. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Although this was already covered by a lot of people after the first pre-alpha release, I felt the characters overall control needed improvement. It sounds like they are adding jumping, which is excellent! The community spoke and the developers listened. The problems with control went beyond the lack of jumping though. The Avatars movement felt a bit stiff and unnatural to me, and with no sensitivity adjustments for camera control or mouse speed, the issue was amplified. I am really looking forward to the second release on the 24th to see what improvements have been made in that area!

4. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I'm just reiterating and clarifying the general sentiment on this thread.:D
    And FYI, I don't "re-butt", whatever crazy irrational things people have in their minds won't be changed by one witty, poignant and well thought out comment.
    And I don't seek to change minds and enlighten the masses, I'm just here to point out that the emperor has no clothes...to shine a light in the darkness and expose the truth.

I've been here all along, bro...standing on top of the bridge with my lantern held high.

And I'm glad to have met you, friend. It's always nice to meet someone who seems adult and mature and friendly.;)

licemeat and Conkuur Warhammer like this.
  5. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Not to mention the need for re-bindable keys for old gamers with crippled up hands, missing finger parts...and lefties too,don't want to forget about that 10% of the people who backed the game and can't play due to a small oversight.;)

Isaiah likes this.
  6. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

reading through this I can see people comment over and over what the dev's original ideas are - just to clarify you do realize they have opened up these forums and asked the backers to add in there ideas for the game so that they can take from the backers and people who have great ideas, some of those ideas to better the game and if this means slightly changing there original concepts then so be it. At no point has Richard Garriott or the other devs stated this is how it is and this is how its going to remain.

As for the argument for multiple characters - I am for multiple character, now im not saying go over board with multiples like some games do but allowing us to have 2 or 3 characters per acc isn't too much, this allows us to experience the game from different angles and those that wish to only play through the game with one character may still do so as they do not have someone holding a gun to there head telling them to make more characters.
    With the concept that they are going to have in place for crafting ect its going to make it balanced in terms of economy so having multiple characters will not impact on this sector one bit.
    Some people are argueing that multiple characters take away that risk\reward for your choices made well make those choices perminant for each character so if character A kills a guard then he will forever be known as that guy who killed the guard - branded, whereas character B saves a group of orphans from a burning orphanage then he will be marked for that deed. Just because you do something on one character it doesn't mean that you will be known for it over all your characters, and if they do implement a system that keeps track of all your deeds and have ways that prior deeds impact future outcomes then each character will continuously have different branches they travel along the Outcome Tree so neither character will ever be the same.

7. therdre

therdre Avatar

All I want is for it to NOT be pay to win, which unfortunately seems like the way it is going to be

BillRoy likes this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Haha, uhm, no. Everything in the Store or given as rewards are part of the ongoing funding campaign. Nobody knows what the Store will look like at launch, and anybody that does is speculating or spreading FUD.

Help fund the game now, and you will be rewarded. Beyond that at launch, nobody knows what's in store for us.

9. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I have not seen any store items that are Bound on acquire/bound to account so everything so far can be introduced into the games economy and sold.
    Adding items that are not using game resources and damaging to crafters so far.
    I think they should all be Bound to account.

10. smack

smack Avatar

We know nothing about bound items -- be they tied to the character or the account. The Devs simply haven't made any decisions on what is bound or not, or if there even is such a thing. There's speculation that anything bought with real cash is account bound but again, we can speculate all day what is or isn't bound until they announce it officially.

11. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I know they have said Nothing about it, well only one character so bound to account is the best way, you might want to delete the character and start again.
    I'm saying if they aren't it can damage the economy.

12. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

or the shop

Mingo likes this.
  13. smack

smack Avatar

My guess is that there will be a set of items that are account bound that can still be traded or sold. These will most likely be any items received as a Reward or certain items bought in the Store. At least for pre-launch rewarded or bought items anyhow. Post-launch, we have no idea how that is going to be "created" in terms of affecting economy.

Perhaps anything sold in the store post-launch were created by in-game resources. That is, they take the same amount of resources out of the world economy once that item is sold out-of-game.

14. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

The one thing that i want changed and will keep me from playing is the current combat system second is acess to housing

BillRoy likes this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Those items are max level -1 and indestructible. They are also just crafting items not weapons. relax.

16. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

I understand what you are saying, but the "Haves" will never acknowledge the plight of the "Have-Nots", that's just the way things are.

17. Squire

Squire Avatar

I've thought of something else I don't want: katanas! :p

Or, more accurately, katanas as some kind of super-sword that makes all other swords look rubbish. Every RPG seems to do this. While I have nothing against the katana - I'm sure it's a fine weapon - it is just a sword. Don't mind it being included (I personally would rather it wasn't but I understand people wanting to be able to use it ;) ), as long as it's not the best sword in the game in every respect. It should have fortes and foibles, like every other sword.

Jambot likes this.
  18. monxter

monxter Avatar

I understand your concern and agree regarding the gaming world, however in real life katanas were / are truly epic weapons regarding their design and when done by the real masters of that art, I'd say unparalleled.
    [​IMG]

19. Squire

Squire Avatar

I'm aware that the Japanese had specific techniques for making good swords, but European swords were quite good too. The Northmen used similar methods in the dark ages, and attaching a hard steel edge to a soft steel body isn't an exclusively Japanese practice. The Hollywood image we have of somebody simply hitting a piece of metal until it looks like a blade is a complete fabrication (2000 years of evolution in weapons technology and nobody thinks to change the design from "single bit of metal...ting ting ting, scrape scrape scrape, there's your sword!"? :D ).

http://www.thearma.org/essays/How_Were_Swords_Made.htm
    Not trying to get into a discussion of Eastern vs Western blades here, since that's not the purpose of the thread. Just showing that Western swordsmiths had their techniques of producing good blades too. If one is better than the other, I think the difference would be marginal, but I think more likely is that one might be superior in one area while inferior in another. Since the game likely isn't going into that much detail, best way, I think, is to keep their properties similar.

Jambot and Fox Cunning like this.
  20. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

There not going to make everyone happy no matter that way they may go.
    I for one, think One character is fine. I did bought a 2nd account for an other house spot, as well as to play the other side of the coin if i want. I've played countless RPG,MMO games , and it always comes down to playing my main , even if they aren't the best PVPer or PVEer but more there just more fun to play.
    I find it refreshing to have only to remember the name of one Jerk, not him and all his Alts.[I may be one of the Jerks] but the concept you are your character and accountable for your actions in game is awesome . So in short, if you want realism, play the way you are or your alter ego. deal with it live with it.

And for Gods sake No cartoon, Kung Fu Panda B.S. Please Please Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.