Unrevealing armor of the Avatars!

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Myrcello, Oct 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I had to think a little about the talks we all had in the forums in regards to the pants also for women avatar.

So i looked a little for cool looking pictures with unrevealing armors for women.
    Much, much easier to find revealing in comparison. ;)

But before lets dress a male in a often seen women version of armor and take a close look:

[​IMG]

Jup. I think also it looks funny. :D

So here some pictures showing how cool fully dressed armor can look:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats it. Was bored.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

A topic's that's come up a few times before but we always seem to reach the same consensus with this crowd that skimpy armor is over rated, unrealistic and over done. We definately need more REAL armor and I shall always support this endeavor.

That said.. there's usually some room for those who like to wear a little less but I prefer more coverage in general. I get so sick of mods and "armor" styles from other games that basically look like they belong in a strip club or something. Especially the ones with those bleedin' 6" spiked heals w/ plate armor. As if!

Armor needs to protect. That's what it's for.

3. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

I, too, agree with decency and good taste. However, that may put limitations on the artists as to the variety of armour they can offer, but I'm sure they appreciate the challenge.

Turquois and TigerKhan like this.
  4. TigerKhan

TigerKhan Avatar

Keep it simple but to the times as far as what you can make or buy to wear..... I remember the antler helmet in UO, it looked funny but you could wear it, i'd like to see that in this game for fun

5. Feioka

Feioka Avatar

I've decided to become a leather maker and tanning professional within SoTA. I have a feeling with pants that tight, they will need an ample supply of leather to repair the rips.

-Edenite Out

Turquois and Knoxinn like this.
  6. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I think I am in love. :D

7. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I know, right?

@Myrcella - I was wondering what your thoughts were on the new pictures of the Female Avatar Leather and Plate Armor.

8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

@Knoxinn

Well if you look at the concept art of the leather armor.

Isaac Oster hit it spot on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love it!

Now to the plate armor.

I love the upper part and the lower part.

The mid section feels like something is missing.

I always feel like i want to pull down the yellow clothing more down, or even pull down the armor further down, to also protect the midsection.

Or maybe ad some more wrinkles to the leather pants, so they look more real.
    Maybe some leather belt to let the mid section look more complete. But she would carry a sword with belt anyhow. probably will solve my problem.

I mean it looks very sexy from the back to just realy say it!
    [​IMG]

So that is my conclusion.

But thats all. I love it.

9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There are pieces you can hang down the front.. I'm not sure what they're called though. It does feel a bit off to not see them there. Also everyone I know that has plate armor also has a belt which (among other things).. helps the armor to stay on better..

10. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Like a cod piece? Be warned to looked that up...not all images are what you want. ..... Maybe a tasset?

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Thankfully I don't need to look that up and I wouldn't now if you paid me. lol

12. DEricF

DEricF Avatar

Given that its a female character a codpiece would look a bit comical, but both the faulds and tassets are indeed missing. There doesn't appear to be any straps holding the cuirass and backplate on either, though likely due to it being a work in progress as it shows spots for mounting such. The wings on the poleyn look like they would be a bit of a hazard in combat though, perhaps they could be pulled back at a tighter angle? I wouldn't quite fancy walking with the chance of them hitting each other as I step.

Still, awesome work and by far better than I could model. Can't wait to see a female avatar putting it to use in game!

Turquois, rild and Knoxinn like this.
  13. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

@DEricF...good call on the faulds and tassets.

Personally, on the plate armor, I would have liked to have seen a gorget (just to check it out). And again, just personally, I'm uneasy with the protection for the biceps. I'm more a fan of a larger vambrace that kind of covers the elbow and then have the bicep shielding extend down into it as opposed to the...."metal elbow band" that is shown.

The leather set, I like a great deal...except it needs more bicep protection.

As you can tell...I like to protect my biceps. Get into a sword fight with unprotected biceps and its going to be a very short sword fight...just sayin' :)

14. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  16. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

This maybe off topic but it is something which just came to me, can we please have an option to make helmets invisible.

Yes I KNOW, its not realistic but it will improve game play for 2 reasons

1) asethic, we spend so much time picking the perfect look for our character and then the first thing you do is put a helmet over it and never see it again.

2) We need some way to identify people we know and humans in general do this by look, if we aren't going to have names over our head then at least let us see eachother's faces so we can hopefully identify people that way

NirAntae likes this.
  17. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

I don't mind having the option to "hide" my own helmet to see my pretty face, but it would tend to water down the illusion if everyone's helmets were to *poof*; besides not having names and being able to imitate someone's trademark "look" could be fun :)

Turquois likes this.
  18. vjek

vjek Avatar

Two expected "standard" features of any new persistent multiplayer online game are:
    • Appearance slots.
    • The ability to enable or disable visibility on any/many appearance slots.
    So, unless SotA is going to launch without a "standard" feature RIFT, LotRO, EQ2, and many others have had for years (or in GW2's case, a year), I suspect what you want will be possible.

rild likes this.
  19. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

I'd rather just take my helmet off when I'm in town, which is more realistic (why would you wander around your home in a helmet?) and improves the gameplay as you suggested.
    When adventuring, put the helmet back on: I don't think mobs would care much about seeing your avatar's face anyway (unless the AI is that sophisticated).

Saosis, rild and Rodriguez like this.
  20. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

Great Idea

[​IMG]

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.