Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Release 69 Livestream Today!
- 9/6 Crown Shop Updates
- September Login Reward: Dragon Statue with Flames
- Release 69 Reward Program Items: Hot Stuff!
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Dragon Tour & Various Other Livestreams (YouTube)
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Community Event: Dragon Con Meetups featuring Nefas!
- Community Event: Welcome Quest Release 69
- Community Event: Release 69 Dance Party
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Release 69 Livestream Today!
The Release 69 Livestream is set for Friday September 6 at 3 PM Central Time! All Avatars from around the world are welcome to join us in the livestream activities. We will be having a Crafting deep dive, touring some scenes, answering questions, and handing out prizes. For Release 69 the exclusive monthly rewards are heat themed!
LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE (Central Time Zone)
Monthly livestreams are on Twitch and include answers to your gameplay questions, deep dives, prize giveaways, and more! Here is the schedule:
- 3 PM: Introductions
- 3:30 PM: Crafting Deep Dive: Grandmaster Enchants/Masterworks, 2-handed Balance, New Categories in Recipe Book, etc.
- 4:15 PM: Scenes Tour: Ulfheim (sneak peek), Despair, Aether Creature Locations
- 5 PM: Ending Announcements
WIN THESE GREAT PRIZES!
We will be giving prizes away on an hourly basis with many being given away multiple times. Enter for a chance to win a prize by either logging into the game and typing “Too hot in the Lava Hot Tub” into chat OR by purchasing any item from our webstore during the livestream!
- Crafting Sigil Tapestry (digital)
- Crafting Sigil Fur Collared Cloak (digital)
- Expert Crafting Stations (Pick 1)
- Commission Free Vendor
- Pale Blue Female Shopkeeper Pattern Pack (digital)
- Ornate Three-Story Shogun Crafting Pavilion
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS
We will be answering questions throughout the livestream, so submit them in Twitch Chat during the event.
Watch on Twitch Friday September 6 at 3 PM CDT
Are You a Livestreamer?
Get this exclusive in-game Streamer Camera for being a veteran of our Livestreamer Program!
9/6 Crown Shop Updates
This week there are several new Obsidian Order themed decorations to choose from as well as a Bonfire. Also there is still one week left to get items from The Vault that are mostly from the expired Flexible Placement stretch goal store including the Knight’s Tents and the Large Stables! There are also some Obsidian Order themed items from the Obsidian themed livestream.
- Obsidian Order Decorations: There are five new Obsidian Order themed items in the Crown Shop. Since many of these items were used in The Epitaph they are perfect for decorating your own Player Dungeon!
- Obsidian Plinth
- Obsidian Round Dais
- Obsidian Megalith
- Obsidian Dragon Sentinel Statue
- Obsidian Ornate Round Dais
- Bonfire: We added a new larger fire to decorate with!
- The Vault: Current round of Vault items are available until Thursday, September 12 at 10:30 AM Central Time. At that time, the next round of 9 items will be available for two weeks, and then the next, etc
September Login Reward: Dragon Statue with Flames
Next week is the first week to login and obtain the September login reward! To celebrate Dragon Con, and the imminent end of the heat of the summer, every player who logs in during the month of September will receive a unique foyer sized Dragon Statue with flame visual effects!
To receive the rewards simply login to the game before the end of September and check your rewards tab!
Release 69 Reward Program Exclusive Items: Heat Theme!
Record temperatures mean hot times so we decided to make the Rewards Program items for Release 69 heat themed! Reward Program members will receive these exclusive items immediately upon logging in during Release 69!
- Lava Hot Tub
- Flaming Top Hat
- Mini Flame Elemental Pet
NOTE: You must login during the release to receive each release’s exclusive rewards.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Gold Crowns, AND receive exclusive monthly reward items!
- 900 Gold Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Exclusive Monthly Reward Items (~ 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- Pick any Dye 12 Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of the 7 Obsidian Potions every month, including:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
As one of the biggest and earliest supporters of Episode 2 you will be granted the largest lot deed in the land (Castle), the title Lord (or Lady) of the Isle, a tour of the Portalarium Offices, and dinner with the game leaders including Lord British himself! Only 24 of these unique bundles will be sold!
Complete List of Rewards:
- UPDATED: Lord of the Isle Place Anywhere Castle Lot Deed: Tax Free Forever (when placed in a POT) and Tax Free for 1 Year (when placed outside of a POT). Placeable on water as well as land!
- Title: Lord of the Isle or Lady of the Isle
- NEW: Unique Lord of the Isle Home (to be revealed later)
- UPDATED: PLUS Choice of any 1 House currently available in the store
- Castle Basement currently available in the store of your choice
- Castle Wall Set currently available in the store of your choice (with enough for Castle Lot)
- NEW: Unique Lord of the Isle Dungeon Room (to be revealed later)
- 1400 Crowns
- 999 Bank Slots
- Pick 12 Prosperity Tools
- 2 Unique in-game items (to be revealed later)
- Early Access to Episode 2
- Episode 1 Box and map signed by the team
- 1 hour one on one with Chris for design discussion (via video-conference)
- One real silver ring crafted personally by Lord British: Numbered 1 – 8
- In-game version of the Lord British ring: Numbered 1 – 8 (including a place-able decoration version)
- Tour of Portalarium Offices
- Fine dinner and drinks with Lord British, Darkstarr, & Atos at a location TBD in Austin or NYC.
NOTE: Digital items that are currently available will begin delivery as soon as Release 62 (Jan 31). Other items will be delivered at a future date TBD.
NOTE: Travel costs NOT covered by Portalarium for Tour & Dinner.
Dragon Tour & Various Other Livestreams (YouTube)
The Dragon Tour Livestream last week was very informative! Here is the livestream from our YouTube channel in case you missed it:
Atos and others have also been livestreaming most days and you can check those out on our YouTube channel (complete with “Mojito the dog” cam). Note that if you subscribe to the channel you will be notified when he goes live. Here are a few highlights:
Upcoming Events Calendar
Be sure to check out the Forums Recurring Events section for other events!
Sept 6 – Release 69 Livestream
Sept 14 – Release 69 Dance Party
Sept 26 – Release 70
Oct 10 – 13 – SOTA International Convention
Oct 31 – Release 71
Nov 14 – Release 72
Dec 12 – Release 73
Jan 30 – Release 74
Feb 27 – Release 75
Mar 26 – Release 76
Community Event: Dragon Con Meetups featuring Nefas!
Players met up at Dragon Con this past weekend and Nefas, the Cabalist of Injustice, (aka Crazy Phil) made an appearance! Here are a few pictures, for more visit the forum thread.
Community Event: Welcome Quest Release 69
By Appointment to
His Majesty Lord British
Welcome Quest Makers
You are invited to join the Welcome Quest in Release 69.
This is a Player ran event – Portalarium (makers of Shroud of the Avatar) is not represented.
This is NOT a PVP event. Please don’t plan on PVPing at this event.
It will be held on Sunday, September 8th, 2019 starting at 12pm (noon) central time/New Britannian time and lasting an hour. It is in your in-game Events book.
Greagoir Pendragon will be active 30 minutes before the event and during the event. So you can teleport to Greagoir Pendragon if you wish.
We are traveling to the town of New Britannian Market, which is located to the east of Central Brittany.
You can also search for the town in the SOTA Map web site – https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/
Are you with us?
The Welcome Quest is a quest for all people to see many towns and establishments. It is created as a way for people to visit many player-ran locations. It involves each town and establishment to give the quest person some information and then instructions to go to the next location (a town or establishment) to do something. The path may be sequential from place to place or in parallel to multiple places at the same time. The goal is for towns and establishments to showcase their places, educate the people, and work with other player-ran towns/establishments. We do the Welcome Quest 4 items a year, one in each season.
We are proud to be the first player-ran quest in SotA! We do it for all of you.
More information is located at: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Community:Quests/Welcome_Quest#Welcome_Quests_in_Releases
Welcome Torch changes – testing and answers due to burnout
With Release 38, all torches changed physically. The durability started to decrease when the torch is held onto. This change also affected the Welcome Torch you receive from the Welcome Quest.
With Release 41 you now can repair your own Welcome Torches with a carpentry repair kit and a carpentry table.
Community Event: Release 69 Dance Party
Resources – Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.