Get those creative house decorating ideas ready, Avatars! Show the community the curb appeal you can bring to a town as folk walk down the street, and the wonder in the eyes of those who step in to visit your cozy abode. Throw it all up on the walls for this contest and see what sticks!
As the contest progresses, each week on either Monday or Tuesday, we will announce on social media the latest submissions in a Facebook screenshot gallery. Peruse the screenshots there, or go to the forum submission thread to find coordinates to the homes so you can tour them in-game!
If you have questions about this contest, or wish to comment on a particular submission, please post in the official contest forum thread.
Use the following guidelines to ensure the best and most impactful screenshots:
- Image count: Minimum of 3, Maximum of 8 total screenshots.
- Image views: Must include a minimum of 1 outdoor screenshot, and if applicable, 2 indoor.
- Resolution: Minimum of 1920×1080, and always in 16:9 aspect ratio (you can trim if necessary).
- Quality: Use in-game settings to their maximum, no post-screenshot alterations allowed.
- Set the stage! Other players and staged items in the shot are great resources.
- Stand your ground! Must be of your own house and plot as the main focus of the scene.
- Protip! Be mindful of the game time for the best lighting angles you want on the home, if any.
- Remember! UI must be off (Key: F9), no post-alterations to the screenshot.
Submit all screenshots in a single post response to this forum thread. Deadline to submit is 11:59pm CDT on Sunday, November 6th.
Include in your submission the following items:
- All screenshots with the requirements above.
- A 200 words or less introduction of you and your home.
- Coordinates and general location information.
- A description below each screenshot of no more than 50 words per screenshot.
The exciting part about decorating is coming up with a unique and amazing theme! While we want you to be as creative as possible, here are the actual categories for which we will be awarding prizes. If you want to decorate for fun and the themes here are too restrictive, go for it! You’ll notice some of the themes are more open-ended for general house decorating in mind:
- Shop/service theme
- Rustic theme
- Elegant theme
- Naturalistic theme
- Steampunk theme
- Spooky theme
- All-around well decorated
For those who do not yet own a house to decorate, we are announcing the following character based theme (you can only win in one category, but you can submit for this one as well if you wish, using the same forum post):
- Best spooky costume (only 2 screenshots maximum allowed for this entry)
WINNERS & PRIZES
We will be awarding prizes on a theme basis. All house theme winners will receive $100 in store credit. The costume theme winner will receive a $50~ store credit. Winners will be announced on the R35 postmortem livestream, which is not yet scheduled but will be in early November.
Have fun decorating!
RULES & GUIDELINES
Since this is a value based contest, a committee of judges will be formed at Portalarium, and any tie breakers will be resolved by the committee. Any disputes or disagreements in the community on who ultimately won will NOT be tolerated as an open discussion in the forums, but sent a private e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone attempting to subvert the contest in any way is subject to an immediate suspension and/or disqualification from the contest.
Inappropriate/Vulgar submissions are prohibited and will also result in immediate disqualification.
Submissions containing any of the following are considered inappropriate:
- Sexual content or references
- Disparaging race/gender/group of people
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Death/suicide of persons real or fake
- Graphical bugs
- Depicting the state of the game in a negative manner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PLEASE SEE COMPLETE RULES FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.