Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Release 56 Livestream Goals Updated
- Stretch Goal Tracking Changes
- Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program
- Cosmos Double XP Weekends
- Weekend Flash Sale: Cosmos Themed
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- The Grand Duke Event
- The Grand Duke Event Sale
- Amber and GoldenWing Wedding
- Welcome Quest Release 56
- Win a Pair of SOTACON 2018 Tickets!
- Project to Support: REEF
- Resources: Players Helping Players
This past Tuesday, July 31st, Shooter Jennings treated all of us to a preview of his newest album, “Shooter”, at a special album release party in the player owned town of Ordinis Mortis. For a brief time when Release 56 launched there were multiple “Shooters” scattered around Novia who had a special quest. The first 25 players who completed the quest got on the secret guest list to get backstage at the event and received prizes directly from the real Shooter Jennings. Those prizes were Shooter heraldry items and wax cylinders of tracks from Shooter’s album. While the prizes were being handed out DJ Darkstarr spun tunes on Avatars Radio. After the prizes were handed out everyone got to hear the new album which releases on August 10th and then DJ Darkstarr played spun more tunes for another couple of hours while everyone danced. NOTE: Everyone who completed the quest before the event also received a couple of Shooter prizes in their in-game mailboxes courtesy of Serafina and Vas Corp Por.
The event itself was held in a basement decorated amazingly by a crew led by Minerva and included the efforts of Cambria Stormlin, Shimizu, Griffler, Wind Silvermoon, Gaelis Tragan, Karrin Murphy, Sindariya Tyelma, Gurney, Arianna, Drake Aedus, Rambo, and Luca Xante. Above ground there was a maze that spelled out Shooter and before the event started there was a line that built up (just like a real concert!).
Here are some pictures from the event:
The line to get in (yes even Lord British was waiting!):
Shooter on his throne:
Release 56 Livestream Goals Updated
Our Release 56 Livestream was another full afternoon of deep dives, answered questions, and prizes! A heartfelt thank you from the entire Dev Team to all of you, our players, that continue to play and contribute to Shroud of the Avatar. This livestream was yet another example of your amazing support and contributions.
The amount raised by the time this update was sent out at 8:00 PM CDT on Friday August 3 was an amazing:
- ACHIEVED $10K: Aether Lich Statue (Foyer Size)
- ACHIEVED $25K: Aether 1H Sword and Aether Shield
- ACHIEVED $35K: Double XP Every Weekend in August
- $50K: Aether Bow & Aether Crossbow
- $65K: Box of Replenishing Aether Dye
- $80K: Aether Dragon Statue (Village size)
- $90K: Aether Axe, Aether 1H Spear, Aether 2H Bludgeon
- $100K: Celestial Themed Wizard Robes
UPDATE: Please note that the R56 Livestream Stretchgoals were changed this morning to an Aether theme. Plus we are extending availability to every Friday this month for 12 hours per the new Stretch Goal Tracking Changes.
Note that funding AND eligibility for the stretch goals goes all the way to midnight so we will post the final number next week (and you can still participate if it’s not midnight when you read this).
As promised, Livestream Funding Stretch Goal Rewards will be rewarded to any backers that pledged a minimum of $5 from 12:00 PM CDT to Midnight August 3rd or who are participating in our Rewards Program. These rewards should show up on your account page within the next couple of weeks and will begin showing up in the game over the next few releases starting as soon as Release 59.
Stretch Goal Tracking Changes
In order to increase the value of the Rewards Program and increase availability of the monthly stretch goals we are making some changes to how we track these. Starting with the Release 56 stretch goals we will be doing the 12 hours of sales and stretch goal tracking every Friday of the month versus just once (or sometimes twice) as we have done in the past. This means that each Friday in August at noon we will turn on the big mega “everything” sale and start tracking the stretch goals where we last left off from the previous Friday (plus any additional Rewards Program participants). We will then track the totals until midnight of that Friday and then repeat for each Friday. This will give us an entire month to build up to the stretch goals! During the weekly one-hour Community Livestream we will remind everyone about the stretch goals but those livestreams will remain in the same format: 30 minutes of news and then 30 minutes on a topic (housing, new scene, new feature, etc.).
Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program
We are excited to announce the launch of our Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program! Earn the best rate on purchasing Gold Crowns, AND receive rare stretch-goal items from our monthly livestreams! This program automatically enrolls you in the monthly livestreams (counts as the $5 minimum purchase) along with other perks.
- 9 Gold Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Automatic Participation in the Monthly Livestream Stretchgoals (counts as the $5 minimum purchase)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- Pick any Dye Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of the 7 Obsidian Potions every month, including:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
Weekend Flash Sale: Cosmos Theme
In Release 56 the comet is making its closest approach to New Brittania. Meteor showers are increasing, the creatures are getting stronger, and some creatures are even mutating into Aether forms! To celebrate all celestial related items are on sale this weekend including Moondials and items with the shattered moon magic symbol.
- Observatory Village Home (digital)
- Large Ornate Telescope
- Ornate Hourglass
- Ornate Tabletop Moondial (digital)
- Ornate Moondial (digital)
- Ornate Village Moondial (digital)
- Ornate Keep Moondial (digital)
- Ornate Clock Tower (digital)
- Bell Tower (digital)
- Clock Complete Set (digital)
- Wall Clock Set (digital)
- Grandfather Clock Set (digital)
- Burled Wood Mantle Clock (digital)
- Gilded Wall Clock (digital)
- Steel Wall Clock (digital)
- Brass Wall Clock (digital)
- Wrought Iron Wall Clock (digital)
- Bonnet Top Grandfather Clock (digital)
- Turret Top Grandfather Clock (digital)
- Crown Top Grandfather Clock (digital)
- Skylab Dish by Helen Garriott (digital)
- Sun Magic Sign 9-Pack (digital)
- Moon Magic Sign 9-Pack (digital)
Upcoming Events Calendar
Aug 10 – 11, 2018 –Syndcon
Aug 21 – 25, 2018 – Gamescom
Aug 30, 2018 – Release 57
Aug 30 – Sept 3 –Dragon Con
Sept 7, 2018 – Release 57 Livestream
Sept 27, 2018 – Release 58
Oct 5, 2018 – Release 58 Livestream
Oct 11-13, 2018 – SOTACON Austin 2018
Oct 25, 2018 – Release 59
Nov 2, 2018 – Release 59 Livestream
Nov 15, 2018 – Release 60
Nov 30 or Dec 7, 2018 – Release 60 Livestream
Dec 13, 2018 – Release 61
Dec 21 or Jan 4, 2018 – Release 61 Livestream
Visit the official Community Calendar to see the great lineup of activities our amazing community has planned for this weekend! And be sure to check out this month’s Release Events thread in the SotA forums for additional events.
The Grand Duke Event & PVP Tournament
The Grand Duke & the Visitor
A Grand Duke, a noble man. Someone with high standards. He has always been a man of great wealth.
It is said that there were times when he walked through the streets of towns across New Britannia scattering gold and Obsidian Crowns to show off his wealth.
Some folks saw him as a generous man and loved him for that, while others envied him for his riches or even loathed him for his apparent arrogance.
Recently, a mysterious traveler visited him in his domain. The traveler apparently sought to do business with him. A trade of a special kind…
The Grand Duke made a deal and obtained some land deeds from the mysterious traveler. To his surprise, the traveler didn’t ask for a single coin.
“Thou canst hold these deeds for free,” he spoke. “But thou must do something for me in return…”
Some of the deeds were not to remain with the wealthy man. Instead, they were to be given to strongest and fiercest Avatars of New Britannia.
And it was now the Duke’s task to find them those worthy few.
And he accepted the task without further argument…
The Grand Duke’s Tournament
A noble envoy was sent out to spread the Duke’s announcement.
“Hear Ye! The Grand Duke generously announces that he is willing to give away 3 of his precious land deeds to noble and strong Avatars!
But not just any Avatars! Only those who can truly show their muster!”
“The Grand Duke is therefore organizing a Tournament, in which Avatars shall compete against each other in teams. And he will reward the victorious groups of Avatars for their strength and glory.
The Grand Duke’s Tournament
This Event is organized by Portalarium and Travian Games and supported by members of the Shroud of the Avatar Community! No purchases necessary.
The Grand Duke hereby announces the rules for the big tournament, to find the strongest Avatars of New Britannia (as requested by the mysterious traveler)
- This event is made for Groups of 5 (Party PvP).
- The matches will take place in a 5 vs 5 setting.
- The tournament will take place if (at least) 8 teams submit.
- Avatars of all adventurer levels are encouraged to participate! If sufficient teams of different adventurer levels apply, separate leagues (high-level, mid-level, low-level) might be created with adjusted prizes. This depends on the number of participating teams as well as the variety of adventurer levels.
- Exact details such as schedule, leagues and pairings will be announced once the registration period is closed, on August 1 (We will try to schedule all matches on weekends).
- The tournament will begin with qualification matches (group games). Each team will fight at least 2 matches before either being eliminated or proceeding to the next rounds.
- Those qualification matches will take place in an Arena (location to be disclosed) on Saturday, August 4 at 1:00PM CT (20:00 CEST).
- The matches will take place on several days (most likely on weekends) and in different locations. All locations provide space and facilities for spectators to watch and cheer for their teams.
- The final matches (KO-System), including the grand final with the 2 best teams, will take place on the weekend August 10 – August 12.
- Exact times and location to be announced after the qualification rounds.
- The Grand Duke and his associate, the mysterious traveler, will be there to congratulate the wining team.
- In order to participate, get together in a Team of 5 warriors.
- Each player may participate in one team only.
- Pick a name for your Team.
- Teams are encouraged to wear a consistent team color.
- Optional: During the tournament, all teams and the score-status will be published on the SotA Community platforms. We would like to display your team with your individual team emblem. If you like that idea, use the Blazon Builder to create an individual Blazon for your team and send a capture of the emblem to @Cerus, @Katla, @Ikas or @Menja (This is not mandatory).
- Once you have a team of five Champions, register your team <HERE> until August 1.
For the Winning Team
- 1 x Tax-Free City Lot Deed (POT deed)
- Heraldry Cloak Eternal Pattern for each team member
- 45 COTOs for each team member
For the Second Place
- 1 x Town Lot Deed (POT deed)
- Heraldry Cloak Eternal Pattern for each team member
- 19 COTOs for each team member
For the Third Place
- 1 x Village Lot Deed (POT deed)
- Heraldry Cloak Eternal Pattern for each team member
- 9 COTOs for each team member
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Each match will be overseen by at least one SotA staff member.
- Portalarium and Travian Games may disqualify any member or team for fraud attempts, bug exploits, use of third-party-software and/or breach of Community Rules.
- Every team and warrior may use any gear or item during the battle.
- Each team may appoint 1 standby warrior as substitute in case one of the team members is unable to attend a match.
- If multiple team members are unable to attend a match at the given time, the team may still proceed with a reduced number of warriors.
Good Luck, Avatars
The Grand Duke Event Sale
In support of the Grand Duke Tournament all Dyes and Heraldry Wearable items are on sale so that your team can show their colors and possibly a team sigil! The sale will go from July 27 through Aug 10.
- Heraldry Cloak Eternal Pattern
- Heraldry Rectangle Shield Eternal Pattern
- Heraldry Tabard Cloth Armor Eternal Pattern Set
- Heraldry Tabard Leather Armor Eternal Pattern Set
- Heraldry Tabard Chain Armor Eternal Pattern Set
- Heraldry Tabard Plate Armor Eternal Pattern Set
- Heraldry Eternal Pattern Mega Set
- Pure Black Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Pure White Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Dye Remover 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Cycling Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Black Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical White Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Red Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Orange Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Yellow Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Green Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Blue Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Purple Sparkle Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Black Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical White Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Red Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Orange Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Yellow Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Green Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Blue Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Purple Glowing Pulse Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Black Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical White Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Red Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Orange Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Yellow Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Green Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Blue Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
- Magical Purple Glowing Dye 12-Pack (digital)
Amber and GoldenWing Wedding
A well travelled trail leads forth from a small church building in Valemark many years ago to the wonderous lands across Novia.
A High Priestess finds a lost soul who will change her life forever.
A lost soul finds his free falling spirit uplifted by the wings of an angel.
4 Years later, through Chaotic Turmoils and Orderly Accords the two spirits unite as one
And you are invited:
What: Wedding of GoldenWing Okhan and Amber Raine.
Live Music Played by: Scroda
Wedding Party Cast: Lady Addy, PlatinumTach Euda, Killey Montigue.
Wedding Videographer: Alleine Dragonfyre
When: SATURDAY, August 4th 2018, 11am NBT (Reception will go until 2pm NBT following wedding ceremony)
Where: Queen of Chaos, Rifts End
Welcome Quest Release 56
His Majesty Lord British
Welcome Quest Makers
You are invited to join the Welcome Quest in Release 56.
It will be held on Saturday, July 28, 2018 starting at 12 pm (noon) central time/New Britannian time and lasting an hour. It is added on the Avatar’s Circle community calendar for easy time zone conversion at http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/ Plus it is in your in-game Events book.
Greagoir Pendragon will be active 30 minutes before the event and during the event.
We are traveling to the town of Racuhbier Platz, nested in Central Brittany and Brittany Alleys.
Are you with us?
The Welcome Quest is a quest for all people to see many towns and establishments. It is created as a way for people to visit many player-ran locations. It involves each town and establishment to give the quest person some information and then instructions to go to the next location (a town or establishment) to do something. The path may be sequential from place to place or in parallel to multiple places at the same time. The goal is for towns and establishments to showcase their places, educate the people, and work with other player-ran towns/establishments.
We are proud to be the first player-ran quest in SotA! We do it for all of you.
More information is located at SotaWiki.
Welcome Torch changes – testing and answers due to burnout
With Release 38, all torches changed physically. The durability started to decrease when the torch is held onto. This change also affected the Welcome Torch you receive from the Welcome Quest.
Win a Pair of SOTACON 2018 Tickets!
SOTACON Austin 2018 is giving away a pair of tickets and t-shirts to SOTACON Austin 2018!
Enter daily to win! To enter, get the Meretz App:
Project to Support – REEF
Radical Empathy Education Foundation (REEF) is an Austin-based nonprofit leveraging game technology to fight one of the 21st century’s greatest evils: Human Trafficking. REEF’s first VR experience, TRAPPED: A VR Detective Story, places users in the shoes of Lisa, a 14 year old victim of sex trafficking, and educates them on how a normal teenager can become a victim of this horrible scourge.
TRAPPED’s mission is to raise awareness of the issue (40M worldwide victims of modern slavery), generate empathy for its victims and survivors, and stop perpetrators by granting all funds raised in excess of dev costs to law enforcement agencies and NGOs. REEF’s President, Billy Joe Cain, has over 25 years in the game development industry and has known Richard and Starr since the early 90s (he was lead designer for Wing Commander: Prophecy and Ultima 7 Black Gate for SNES).
To learn more or make a donation, please visit www.radicalempathyfoundation.org/download
Resources – Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.