Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Developer Run In-Game Events Coming!
- Latest News and Q&A Friday Livestream!
- New Store Items: Decorative Urns & Vases!
- Springtime Vault Round 2!
- Mistrendur: Land Rush Completion & Update!
- Double Experience Points Continue!
- April Login Reward: Bunny Ears!
- Release 76 Reward Program Exclusive Login Items: Springtime Theme!
- Packaging Items for Trade in Player Test Environment (QA)!
- Streaming the Player Test Environment (QA) Now Permitted!
- Streaming Reward Program
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams (YouTube)
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Meretz: Win an Elven 3-Story w/Dual Cabanas Town Water Home (No Trade)
- Community Event: Black Sails Saga – From the New Lands
- Community Event: Fish Finder Contest
- Community Event: Mad Splatter Tea Party
- Community Event: Podcasts & Poetry on Virtue Radio
- Community Event: Lunch With Laz & Jack
- Community Event: Virtue Radio Weekly Schedule
- Project to Support: Jar Wars
- Project to Support: Rodasurf
- Project to Support: Dragonfight
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Developer Run In-Game Events Coming!
The time for battle draws near, Avatars! Don thine armor and ready thine weaponry, or strip down bare so thine armor and thine weaponry not be looted by thine enemy! Objective-based developer run PvP events are just around the corner. Scheduled for 10AM and 10PM CST on Saturday, April 25th in Paladis Shardfall, the first two of these events will commence. During and after these initial test events, the Community Manager (Elgarion) will experiment with gathering activity data within the scene related to the stated goals for each player within the event. Lessons learned should allow for more elaborate goals and objectives for future events as these concepts continue to unfold. Please provide registration information if you would like to compete (per the guidance) as well as any feedback on the PvP Event Forum Thread.
For the Anglers of New Britannia, another developer run event is in the works. Scheduled to start Noon CT on Friday, April 24th, this fishing derby will last until Noon CT on Friday, May 1st. Players may register towns to be put into a list which will dictate the venues available for the fishing competition. The first fishing venture will take players to at least 3 towns from the registry, Sunless Barrens and Paladis Shardfall. Head on over to the Fishing Event Forum Thread for more information.
Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for attendees of the PvP and Fishing events, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. After the first week of these events, likely there will be a pause for planning before additional weeks start rolling in, but after that point? Expect a constant stream of weekly events, each to feature new locations and new objectives. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Latest News and Q&A Friday Livestream!
Another weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, April 17th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris Spears a.k.a. Atos and other developer team members for a community 1 hour livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “April showers bring May flowers” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM CT!
New Store Items: Decorative Urns & Vases!
Coming to the Crown Store shortly are the Decorative Urns 5-pack and the Decorative Vases 5-pack. These new ornate pottery pieces feature of beautiful array of patterns and shapes. Recently, a Rustic Antique Shop (Town Home) modeled after Starr Long’s family antique store was added to the Crown Store. Also added were two amazing helmets which allow players to tune-in to our community in-game radio stations. Coming in both cloth and leather, these Aether Aviator Helmets are available for purchase with Crowns! Both can be salvaged to receive Eternal Patterns. These patterns can then be utilized to apply the look of the Aviator helmet to another cloth or leather helmet. The cloth version is dyable.
- Decorative Urns 5-Pack
- Decorative Vases 5-Pack
- Rustic Antique Shop (Town Home)
- Leather Aether Aviator Helmet
- Cloth Aether Aviator Helmet (Dyable)
Springtime Vault Round 2!
The current round of Vault items are available until Thursday, April 23rd at 10:30 AM CST. At that time, the next round of 9 items will be available for two weeks, and then the next, etc.
- Leaf Spear
- Leaf Shield
- Large Spring Themed Fountain with Floating Candles
- Thorn Bow
- Flower Crown
- Giant Dragonfly Pet
- Thorn Sword
- Elven Keep Village Home
- /Flowers Emote