1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R49 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here are the questions that we did not have time to get to during the R49 Postmortem. I tried my best to answer these (with help from the rest of the team) but some we just don't have details yet to provide. I probably won't have time to do any follow ups to these. The community did a great job assisting us this telethon to make sure we didn’t miss a single question.

Please note I deleted a bunch of duplicated questions and also deleted any questions that we answered with the Q1 post or with the release of R49. Also note that we are generally going to stop answering questions about "when?" as those are answered by our quarterly schedule posts and any other answers are going to be either "No ETA" or "soon" or "will update with the next quarterly post".

A final thought: we see a LOT of repeat questions and requests. Please consider reading one of the other missed question posts, watching one of the previous post mortems, reading one of the post mortem transcripts, and/or reading our Post Episode 1 plan post before posting a question. Your question might have already been answered.

Widsith: What will Port be doing to make OS X and Linux clients production-quality stable by launch?
    Most of the current issues we have with OS X and Linux are Unity Engine bugs that we have submitted to Unity and are waiting fixes for. In other cases like the Maps function we are waiting for the programmer who wrote the Unity plugin to make it work for Linux. All other issues we fix as soon as they are reported, just like Windows bugs.

Scoffer: What will the testing process be after “launch”. Will there be more in house testing of the system before they hit live or will the QA server be available for backers for more than a week etc.
    We plan to do similar testing to how we do it now although we may leverage some external testing services depending on our level of success and available funds.

Lord Ravnos: Will the friends list ever solely be for interacting with friends and not for (practically) free transport to the far corners of the world at a moment’s notice?
    We have no current plans to remove the teleport function from friends.

Babycakes8: Is there a way we as new players can give some sort of feedback on the helpers, so they can get recognition, and or some sort of prize?
    Which helpers are you referring to? The Hospitallers or our internal suport staff?

Gia: is there any plan to modify the mini group interface? or reduce the dimension of UI elements?
    We do plan to iterate on this interface at some point in the future.

Phil Scott: Would you please give an update on the future of the Stats API (Elasticsearch).
    Atos: We plan to continue expanding these in the future but currently, we are all hands on deck for making launch as smooth as possible! Once we get past launch, we should be able to get back to expanding existing system like expanding the Stats API

Phil Scott: Could you update the template for the Schedule Update to include two new sections, one on the Stats API and the other on the Web Map content (two area that are not part of any release).
    We can consider it but we try to keep the schedule update to very high level points so it does not get too long, nor too detailed so it is unlikely we will be adding these sections.

Xee: Can we get spell books, mystical items as another caster option vs a wands/staffs?
    We have discussed these as offhand items

SmokerKGB: Now that the extra char slots are coming would it be possible for us to use them as “pets/companions” in online modes? As a group party…
    Definitely not in online but perhaps in offline mode?

SmokerKGB: Why is AI hard to develop for NPCs, Pets, etc.?
    Because AI must simulate millions of years of evolutionary biology that resulted in the computational power of your brain that lets you make decisions about real time data with the equivalent of the brain of a mosquito trying to communicate with paper cups and string. Seriously the amount of decisions a single NPC has to make about where to step, who to attack, who to ignore, which spell/skill to use, whether they should call for help, whether they should go back to home or venture farther, etc all while the data is constantly changing makes them very hard to keep on a trajectory that is in any way meaningful. All of those decisions have to be weighted against each other and they are constantly being interrupted as new data emerges (players attacking, players moving, players dying, players resurrecting, players appearing in the scene, players leaving the scene, players summoning pets, players using spells/skills, etc.). On top of all that the NPCs rely on a simulation layer of collision shapes, pathfinding nodes, interest points, data hooks (ex lights, fires, lava), etc. that has to be “perfect” which is rarely that. Finally most projects have an AI team of multiple programmers and at least one designer. We have a single programmer and a part time designer.

DancingShade: Will there be more options to look ragged? The rotten flesh cloak is excellent but it would be great to have very tattered clothes to go with it.
    Yes eventually

Baron Drocis: Could we please get new pavers that could be used indoors?
    Yes

Selene Brightshadow: Could we please get paint that we could use to change colour of the outside/inside of houses. For example, white paint to change outside/inside colour of Obsidian Tower houses to white?
    There are performance implications with this that make it unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Doctorface: Would it be possible to add an attic to the Viking inn to match functionality with the roof access that the other special inns have (Ie. Obsidian,gothic)?
    We will consider it.

Xee: Could we get Nested POT access on map hosted towns entrance list? (just the default entrance)
    We have considered it but it is unlikely to happen because players who purchased POTs with overland access considered those to have a certain value and we are concerned that if we offered this feature they would consider this a downgrade in that value.

Xee: Can we get special public chests for doing treasure for hunts that notify the POT owner on login if items were removed so we know we have to restock.
    Yes, eventually.

Niteowl57: Could you please also make a craftable Log Cabin in 2-story?
    The Log Cabin does have a large second story loft and balcony.

Niteowl57: Correct me if I am mistaken, but currently, the Innkeeper has no way to control sharing the lot deco limit. For lots with an Inn, could there be a room item (storage) limit versus all tenant items add up to the total lot limit, with perhaps a larger limit for the lobby? And make it so that tenants have use of the lobby but not place items?
    Yes, good suggestion.

Skeggy media: is there any chance of a tailoring dummy to easily display our items of clothing in the game?
    Yes

Infernal: is the current cooking skill in its final form or a placeholder?
    There will eventually be more skills in the cooking tree and we will be adding more recipes and ingredients.

Menchi: Can we get the capability to make Exceptional(+1) food and potions that slightly increase the buffs?
    Possibly when more cooking skills come online

Malimn: Will there ever be different metals, leathers, wood, in game besides the ones we have now? In UO there were 8 different of base metal materials to build upon.
    There will be more eventually but we already have as many metals as UO (iron, copper, obsidian, nickel, tungsten, tin, silver, and gold)

Jack Knyfe: Is there a way that you can increase the chance of a recipe drop by building in a passive % increase into the main crafting skill itself?
    Interesting suggestion

Scoffer: what kind of yield can we expect from the upcoming refining skills? i.e. at GM you have 100% chance for an extra ingot, batch size is 100 at GM etc etc
    At GM in the Batch Skill for R50 you will be able to increase batch size to 60.

Infernal: are kobolds working on refrigerator tech?
    Not that we know of but anything is possible.

Cypher Black: What are you planning to do to turn the shard falls (pvp zones) into locations that players will want to risk entering?
    Dhanas: What do you think about adding more special rewards and resources (related to pvp) in pvp zones like you did with “The Fall”‘s artifacts?
    When we have higher player populations and we have the tech feature to control spawning based on the number of players in a scene we do plan to balance the risk vs. reward by increasing resource yields of certain resource types (ex. Obsidian).
    Atos:

• Step 1: Make PVP more fun. That means get some more balance in the combat systems and more Rock paper scissors. Also, it means improving performance in high player situations and fewer hitches. It also means MORE PLAYERS that we should see post launch.
    • Step 2: Give more global reasons for players to PVP. In the long run, this means ladders, bounties, more ransom options, more trophies.
    • Step 3: A raid system, so more than one group can get together.
    • Step 4: Give more location specific reasons for players to play in PVP scenes. It isn’t just enough to have extra loot there but unique drops or resources is a start. Eventually we need content in PVP scenes to be driven by the players. For example, sequence boss mob fights where you have to fight large PVE elements, followed by a rewarding boss mob or treasure exposure. Make those fight challenging enough that a few opposing PVP players could disrupt it all. Obviously that isn’t all happening by release but we’re working on the top
    Browncoat Jayson: Is it still the plan to make roads be safer, possibly by adding some roaming NPC “guards” to chase off those bandits for a bit?
    Yes

Vallo Frostbane: Could we get limits on max move speed? Stacking fleet flute and other movement effects give insane amounts of speed and mobility. Is that intended?
    Atos: Yes. I’ll be moving most move effects to a single channel or possibly adding a new “Greatest only” system for runes, so only the largest effect applies.

Ancev: My guildmates were wondering if a subterranean level could be added to deep ravenswood, particularly in multiplayer mode, where more obsidian bears and obsidian wolves could be found, and the entrances could be at the bear cave and wolf den?
    We will consider but will be super low priority versus rebuilding scenes that are currently clones, making maps for scenes that don't have maps, and updating maps that have errors.

Baron Drocis: Could we please have a way to flag for pvp but not show up on the nearby player list? (Masks?)
    We can consider

FrostII: Are there any combos that are available (other than Hamstring) that don’t show up in Glyph Combos?
    Atos: I’ll never tell… (Actually, I don’t think there are right now but could be some new ones in the future)

Horth: With rough numbers off the top of your head, what are the STR, DEX, INT, DA, and DR of a big boss, monster for example the Southern Grunvald Barrens Dragon? Does this boss have any active defensive skills too, for example Dodge, Parry, or Block?
    Atos: Strength is generally very high for boss types. In the neighborhood of 750-1000. Dex and int are high but not outside the range of a players, in the 100 range. DA and DR varies a bit but usually not more than 20 but this is something that needs to be adjusted. Only a few creatures have Dodge, Parry or Block and I don’t think dragons do.

Horth: Is there a good way to tell what type of magic resistance a big boss monster has?
    Not yet but this is a known UI issue we need to solve.
    Atos: Yes, cast a spell on him and see if it works! :)

Proteus Tempest: Can you give us any details about “The Machine” that will be introduced into the game for PvP?
    So far this is only a rough brainstorm. The basic idea is players would collect machine parts from defeating bosses and then build a machine using crafting like mechanics (ala Obsidian Forge). The crafted machine would then temporarily grant access
    Atos: Lots of bigger plans for this and we expect it to be both an end game element and also something that players will want to spend lots of time working towards.

Malimn: Chris mentioned that the gear you wear does not impact you as much as the skill you have so my question is why is that so?
    Atos: Player skill will always be the most important factor in combat but there will always be limits to what even a skilled player can overcome in level and gear differences. If you’re trying to fight in your starter gear with your bridge defender’s sword, you’re probably going to have a bad day no matter how skilled you are. Skill alone isn’t going to overcome horrible gear and a 50 level difference but if you are have made the switch to player crafted gear of any sort and are within 30-40 levels of your target, you have a shot if you know what you’re doing. Skill comes from a lot of things and the sum of doing it all right is enough to overcome a lot of gear and playtime differences. Some player skill examples are:
    • Movement, being in range for our attacks or out of range for his or behind the target or taking cover is huge.
    • Intelligent build that fits your play style. This means having a good combination of skills that work well together.For more advanced players this means using both locked and unlocked options in an intelligent way.
    • Knowing your enemy and adjusting your game is always critical in PVE and especially in PVP.
    • Using timed skills that give extra bonuses based on the situation can be a big helper.
    • Using consumables wisely and only when needed is huge. A properly applied poison, focus potion, or resist potion can be the difference between life and death.
    Sappersteel76: Will you add some kind of ranking system which will make it way more fun to do PVP and put more meaning to it?
    Tedio: Will you be adding a ranking system for pvp to make it meaningful?
    Yes
    Atos: See above answer to Cypher Black’s question. Lots of things we will be adding over time for PVP

TeddyMIT: When two or more PVP players meet each other on the overland map, Can we pull them into an encounter scene? It is just the same as when we meet monsters on the overland map.
    We will consider
    Atos: This has always been my plan but requires some extra content we haven’t created yet. Need to have some default scenes based on location type that players will zoom to and those haven’t been created yet. Also, need a set of rules in place to prevent this from being used as a griefing mechanism.

TeddyMIT: I hope that the respawn number and respawn speed of the monster in the Multiplayer online mode is much higher. For example, triple the number of respawn monsters and reduce the respawn time to about 10-15 seconds.
    We need a new tech feature to control spawning based on the number of players in a scene to do that because we don’t want single players or small groups swamped by groups of NPCs respawning too quickly.
    Atos: We tune this frequently. I think we had things on the low side to keep the high level farmers in mid tier scenes from getting too much benefit. I think now that the XP is in place and only ruffled a few feathers, we can look at turning up spawn rates in more areas.

TeddyMIT: Can we cancel the extra % increase in XP for the PVP player in Multiplayer Online Mode?
    No
    Atos: No! This is working as expected and pulling some non-PVP players into the PVP world! In time, when there is a healthy PVP game in place and more PVP reward mechanisms, we can re-evaluate this but for the near future the answer is no.

Warrior B’Patrick: I have started rolling a mage and was wondering if the robes are balanced, being a chest/leg item, against a cloth chest and cloth leg combo. PS Robes should not have leg wear under them. Would you wear underwear with a kilt?
    Atos: Real life doesn’t have a camera you can swing down the ground and look up other people’s skirt so robes without underwear is an option. In Shroud with a free cam, we suggest everyone wears pants under their robes. They don’t show up so feel free to whatever you want!

Bowen Bloodgood: Are there any plans to bring these exceptions (ie Grannus Colossus & kobold camp arena) in-line with the difficulty of the rest of the main storyline?
    We are examining

Jack Knyfe: In this release, the gloves for the Truth/Love/Courage armor sets are part of a specialized random encounter that prove difficult for a few of us. Will this quest be made easier?
    We will examine

Antrax Artek: To balance the combat system what do you think about capping the number of schools for every Deck (Players can train all, but only 3 Skill Trees will be active)?
    Atos: Interesting idea but I think I would need to go evaluate a ton of combinations of different schools together. For example, right now I suspect it would really come down to Life + 2 other schools. I understand the desire to limit players to a few schools but I think this is better achieved through the mastery focus system I’ll be introducing in R50 or R51.

Paladin Michael: It is great to have more loot – but: why should so many enemies have crafting recipe with them?
    Because they like making stuff too! Because we wanted a way for recipes to be earned vs. just found on a wiki and putting them as loot on enemies seems like a great way to do it.

Paladin Michael: Could we have “Banish Undead” working like it was intended: like other mass attack spells (Meteor Shower, Ring of Fire …) to hurt more enemies? Actual it works like Searing Ray.
    We will consider making a new AOE Banish Undead
    Atos: I will re-evaluate in R51 and I agree. Such a limited target spell should be more effective in some way.

Paladin Michael: Could you consider, that a (Grand)Master of crafting receives an >50% chance to craft an exceptional (+1) item – instead of only about 30% chance? The next crafting levels are hard enough …
    We will examine the numbers but we do not want too many exceptional items in the economy

Paladin Michael: Could you please think about NOT to calculate the death decay pool in REAL TIME. The death decay pool shouldn’t raise while we are not in game. A calculation in in-game time would be really more fair and less annoying for a lot of players …
    Atos: Sorry but this needs to be in real time but capped to a day. If not, players who play more per day would be punished way too much. The daily XP bonus more than cancels out the decay penalties for all but the most serious players. Also, look for changes to decay before launch!

Kazeookami: A lot of effort went into making sure we move faster on paths on the overworld map. Why is it we cannot lock ourselves to the trail so we don’t slip off these wriggling and winding trails to lose travel speed?
    We will consider

Kazeookami: The map tool we once had was acquired by Portalarium and stripped down in a big way taking away most of its functions. Will we ever get those functions back?
    In order to optimize the map tool to make it secure and run faster we had to strip it down to its very base functions and then slowly add back in functions over time.

Metalocalypze: Home Deeds. Is it possible to move or rotate homes in the future. Do they have to always be placed in the centre of a lot?
    Yes eventually

Rada Torment: Any plans to give us a visible way to know if we already crafted a recipe at least once in our sota life? This would help to know if we can get the xp bonus crafting the first time something.
    Yes

Lained: What was the purpose of moving recipes from discoverable to drops?
    Because all recipes were discoverable players were just using the wiki to find them versus experimenting in the game as we originally intended. Also we wanted the higher level recipes to be earned versus being “free”. Finally we wanted to generally have more interesting loot in the game besides gold and gear.

Lained: Are you looking for a distributor in those missing parts of asia or is there a reason for not actively promoting there?
    We are looking for a distributor but we have not yet found one that we align with. All that we have found so far wanted sweeping changes towards extreme free to play. Without a local partner any local promotion is useless.

Cryodacry: Where exactly does %weapon Damage masterwork fall in the combat formula.
    Atos: Base weapon damage is used to calculate pretty much all combat damage including skills. It is the starting point before any multipliers are added. Increasing base weapon damage should increase melee damage in a fairly proportional manner.

Cryodacry: Is there something going to be done with Ransoms dropping only 1 item instead of a general value? People splitting stacks into PVP bags of 25 regs or less to cause cheaper Ransoms is getting really old.
    Lots of changes with ransoms are coming in R50 including on screen notification, only paying attention to the first instance of an item (so carrying 25 rusty daggers no longer works) and extension of ransoms from 2 hours to 24 hours.

Brogan Murphy: Since the barbarian tribes were/are being worked on, I was wondering about the Stag tribe having the name prefixes Rafn. From my knowledge, that's more of old norse for raven. Am I missing something there or might there be name changes there considering the names don't seem to properly represent the tribe?
    Good catch! We were originally planning to have 1 more clan based on the Raven and they are actually in game but using the Stag clan’s art as placeholder but at this point we are cutting them.

Majoria70: To help those who love a routine and plus the reason to go to go again to areas can we please get a larger increase of daily quests and tasks before launch showing up in scenes and towns?
    We are continuously adding new quests each release and we are adding a repeatable production task in Q1 as an example.

Mia Sway: will wood stats get better for handles and wands/staffs to match bowstaves and other new metal bonuses on tier 2 elements?
    We already did make adjustments to these in R49.

Lord Andernut: Is it planned to release an in-game representation (decorative) for ONBE, Chaotics, etc. awards?
    Good suggestion

Majoria70: I was so impressed with getting to do super jumping at Ordinis Mortis 3 kings event. One complaint I hear lots is our jumping sucks as it is. Please can we get something like a superjump skill? It was so very fun to jump high and seemed to work really well.
    It breaks too many maps by allowing players to get where they are not supposed to and/or getting stuck. It would create a TON of work to fix all those issues so VERY unlikely. What you may see however is places where we add this function in very controlled ways like the dust devil in Blackblade Foothills or the fumaroles in Blood Bay.
    Atos: I’ve experimented with this a bit through the Frogkin ring. There are few things that breaks even with that small amount. I could see there being a consumable “Super Jump” potion but if we had it, they would only work in non-PVP player owned towns or some tight restriction like that. With that constraint, I could see them being a safe, fun consumable like fireworks.

Majoria70: Due to the uneven surfaces and lots already being placed roads are difficult to get to look nice. Could we get a less wide version of roadways and make it so they don't count so badly against our town, like large roadway straight pavers etc instead of giant size.
    We will consider

Kyria Schattenklinge: With the current equipment function, the equip will be taken from containers like a backpack, but when you change back, it is in the main inventory. will you change this maybe?
    Please report as a bug in the bug forums

Kyria Schattenklinge: will the fish recipes be more useful in the future?
    We continuously add more recipes

Kyria Schattenklinge: Can you make a remove option for eternal patterns, so you don't have to destroy your old eqip?
    Unlikely

Falcon Rainfeather: Can we have bankers placed into all outskirt zones
    We don’t place bankers in areas that do not have player housing as a general rule

Scoffer Kada: will we ever get a knockdown resist in some form or another?
    Atos: Yes, hopefully before live! I have several ideas for this but I want to fix the existing knockdown effect so it isn’t as painful, add a way to resist it, and then add an active way to get back up faster.

Scooby: When does the 100% unlearning begin?
    Atos: R50 will start the 100% XP return on unlearning skills. This _MAY_ persist for the next 2 releases but waiting to see how much changes.

NotableJoe: The deck system makes you look at the action bar quite a lot, instead of the action on the screen. Is there any way lessen that, so we can focus more on our environment during a fight?
    Atos: Easiest option is to not use the deck unless you enjoy it. Locked skills are very competitive and superior in some instances. I think the more common strategy is to carefully design your deck so you know what type of skill will appear in each slot. A common strategy is to make slots 1 and 2 random BUT only assign damage spells to those slots and then have one other slot that is just short term buffs like parry, dodge, block. That way you don’t have to look and just know that 1 and 2 always do some kind of attack and when you have a free moment, hit your buff key and there will be a buff there. Assigning multiple buffs to a single slot saves your keys for other things that must always be there, like a push/pull/trip/coup de gras.

Tiina Onir: With the move from fixed percentages, will we see better insight into what our the stats are?
    Atos: I’m hoping to have a “Verbose” mode for combat feedback for R50. I started this but it has turned out to be far more difficult than I expected due largely to localization issues. I will get something in though it might only go to the log file or I might need to create a new chat channel for it as it will be spammy!

Lockey Abernathy: Would it be possible to see more craftable items like Dishes, Pots Urns (with Clay) and statuary (Granite)?
    Yes

Erich’ Ruhl: More DECO!!!! Really need shogun themed furniture for my Shogun Inn... especially tatami mats
    Drew: When will we get a Shogun Table? There's all these other Furnitures under Obsidian and Kobold and stuff but nothing for Shogun.
    The issue with the Shogun deco is we got the Obsidian and Kobold stuff “free” because we needed it to prop the enemy areas but there are currently no Shogun enemies. With that said we will get these in the queue.

Mishikal: any plans to revisit the tier system? tier 5 is somewhat meaningless, as it covers scenes with massively different difficulty
    We will consider
    Atos: Agree and we will likely improve this but not before launch.

Lockey Abernathy: Can the name validation check be fixed? Currently, this is treated as a lie (Where character name is Mishikal Stormbringer): "mishikal stormbringer", "mishikal", etc
    Please report as bug in bug forums

Lockey Abernathy: Item locking applies to salvage as well?
    Yes

Acaelus Fireharp: Could you add a keybind option for zoom camera fully out?
    We can consider

Acaelus Fireharp: Could you add some craftable stairs recipes to match different heights of stacked granite blocks?
    We can consider

Acaelus Fireharp: Could you add craftable marble dais recipes?
    We can consider

DJ Alle Dragonfyre: (Re: Keith’s story deep dive) would our lie affect our truth in a negative way?
    Sannio: Yes, if you choose a "lie" option during an NPC conversation, expect that your truth will be negatively affected.

Alley Oop: are there any palomino foals in game since they're not in herding encounters any more?
    We will make sure they are in the game. Travis has even promised to make sure some are in South Drachvald Spur which is horse themed.

Daevin Aruth: Are there different colored mounted Dragon heads in the game?
    Not currently

Daevin Aruth: Will 2 step authentication come back when logging into SoTA website?
    Perhaps eventually
    Atos: We will have it eventually but unlikely before launch.

Arnaeus Moonglow: Might it ever be possible for crafters to craft patterns that can be sold to be players?
    Unlikely

Arnaeus Moonglow: Could we hold two cooking recipe contests? In one contest, players submit food and drink recipes using existing ingredients. In the other contest, players submit recipes using suggested ingredients. Judging is by popular and developer vote. Winners get the recipes named after their avatar and possibly prizes like prosperity tools or a crafting station.
    Interesting idea

Erwin: Can we have digital tours or floor plans of houses before buying? Or maybe wiremesh models so we can better understand the internal dimensions. Sometimes the floorplans don't workout for the ideas I have, but the pictures alone on the store don't really show that much detail.
    Yes

Erwin: Are we going to get Raid Markers at some point? It would really help with designating CC targets and such.
    Atos: Step one, need raid groups. Step two, get raid markers! Yes, we will have these but likely a post launch addition though I would expect it later this year.

Isytrl Miroa: Is it technically possible to group object with the house/lot containing them to obtain ONE object to load in a POT?
    Atos: We already have the ability to store fully decorated lots. This sounds doable but likely will have a lot of gotchas. Burningtoad is the owner of that system and I’ll mention it to him. As with most new feature requests, not until post launch if we do it.

Ancev: had an idea for a 'mage tower home feature' that cycles through lots that you own. So if you had 5 village lots, the mage tower home location would cycle through these lots and you'd never know where the tower would be headed next.. so if you logged out in the mage tower, you'd end up in a different location the next time you login. it's a bit.. Eccentric.
    Fun idea

Numa: Could there be consequences to defeat in battle other than death? An Avatar could be enslaved or imprisoned and then either held for ransom or await rescue by other players. These could be dynamic quests in themselves and encourage joining guilds and forming friendships. Anyone could perform a rescue or ransom a fellow avatar and reap both virtue and random rewards.
    Atos: Fun idea but I don’t see us getting to that before launch!

Brual Virpio: Can we get THE TREE added to the Add-on store so it can live on forever?
    Draugur: Since the oldest assist, trees, are finally being updated, can currant backers get a memento of them as a deco?
    Wow. I had no idea people were so emotionally attached to the old tree!

Drew: Daemon Hoof is so hard to obtain, and all I want is some Tea. Could there be a lesser Tea Recipe that has easier to obtain ingredients?
    We are looking at the drop rate

Bella Bones: Can we please have long flowing hair?!
    We have yet to be able to solve the sorting issues related to really long hair

Mobidoy_Querrent: Can the Launcher can be adapted to resolution. I am playing at 4k and the launcher is small to a point that I can't read anything.
    Yes, please report as bug in the bug forums

Lomyr Edain: will we ever be able to tame and/or ride DRAGONS?
    Not full sized ones but perhaps horse sized wyverns

Lomyr Edain: will Inn's ever be craftable?
    Eventually we will probably make a craftable version

Dragon: Why do shield lose durability even when we're not blocking with them?
    Atos: Currently shields are treated just like another piece of armor for damage application. I hope to change that soon and have them only take damage when they are used in a successful block.

Echondas: can we get a HOA for NPC towns? Some people have such bad senses of decoration for the outdoors of their home!
    Ha! I know Hutch would love that but no we won’t be enforcing anything like that.

(UPDATED 1/19) Rufus D'Asperdi: Are you anticipating or striving for any further increases to POT Limits?
    Yes, as we have stated before as we increase performance we will increase these limits.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Myth2, Draugur2, hroth and 12 others like this.
  2. oplek

oplek Avatar

One of the new tier-7 zones (with all the dragons) has two separate skull-poles in-zone (one with 5, one with 2). It could be as simple as that.

[Edit] It occurs to me that the person was talking about the actual difficulty of the zone, and not the indicators. I was trying to see if there was a way to calculate the "effective skullage" of a zone based on what was spawning inside, but I don't have access to a database to practically do that.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can apply a different pattern to get the eternal one back.

Vaiden Luro and Numa like this.
  4. oplek

oplek Avatar

Here's a spreadsheet I was working on a few months ago, because I'm strange like that. I was trying to catalog the zones... but my understanding of the tiers is low, and it's so grueling to figure out the data, and it keeps changing. So I gave up.

5. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

I will have to tame one and name him "Gleep".

lynnewellen, Numa and Alley Oop like this.
  6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

if you change the zoom in or out (alt) to a key my zoom out is ~ it functions much like a max zoom in or out I think the default is pgup/pgdn works well enough just takes 2-3 secs.

7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

One gave me the Tip to overwrite it with another pattern to get the eternal back without to have to destroy the item.

8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

For this starter scene, I'd really like to see this be reconsidered. A travelling banker type would be a great way to introduce new players to the bank system. Move those tutorial bits into the tutorial scenes.

You'd think that the undead challenging the Perennial Coast would mostly be the bodies of those who died in that area. Is it possible to arm undead with Shogun equipment?

Hometown has most of the homes, although its probably due for an update once the new log homes and pavilions in R50 get added.

When @Chris starts on that, can we look at getting the wooden shields that are available from merchants turned into crafted ones?

Spoon, Paladin Michael and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh please no. Just no.

10. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Once again, I offer for your consideration...
    I guess I should reiterate this from way back in August, 2013.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...e-avatar-crafting-discussion.3023/#post-44675

I hope they'll have a recipe for Mugly.
    [​IMG]

MUGLY
    An unusual and sweet 19th century rice pudding dessert.
    Ingredients
    135gm or 4 1/2oz of sticky rice
    1 1/4 pints or 600ml water
    4 tablespoons of sugar (15ml tablespoons)
    1 cinnamon stick
    roasted unsalted peanuts
    Makes 2 – 3 serves

http://www.sarahsvintagekitchen.com/mugly/

Stundorn and Warrior B'Patrick like this.
  11. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

For anyone that harvests they've probably spent more time looking at that tree than anything else in game.

12. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Kyria Schattenklinge: Can you make a remove option for eternal patterns, so you don't have to destroy your old eqip?
    Unlikely

For those that don't know you can actually replace a pattern with another pattern and it will return the eternal one without breaking the gear.

Vaiden Luro, Stundorn and Aldo like this.
  13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i don't think that's meant to indicate tier 7. it's two paths: the two-skull path to blackblade pass and the five-skull path to the bulk of the area.

Spoon likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's already a key binding for this. It defaults to page down.

15. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Scoffer, the latest QA build has the new refining skills hooked up. Currently at GM, for ingots as an examples since it was the one I tested, you get 1 extra ingot everytime the skill triggers. At GM, level 100, you have a 20% chance to earn an extra ingot, so 1 in 5 chance to gain 1 ingot. As Darkstar said, you get a batch size of 60. Speed is a per cent decrease in time. I never played with it enough to see what the GM decrease would be, and I didn't time anything to see ho wmuch the decrease in time would amount to.

16. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Yea this was asked before the telethon a week ago. Since then the patch notes and QA have come out to answer it.
    Thanks though.

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Naming a recipe after the avatar ...

Like licemeat's mysterious meat bites...

18. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

So @Atos, barring the odd comments about looking up peoples dresses and realizing my attempt to be funny doesn’t always work my question was actually about robes vrs chest/legs cloth armor. I am trying to be accurate in my roleplaying and was wondering if robes could be made to have comparable stats to Chest/Leg cloth armor? Can robes be made to take up both chest and leg slots like a 2 hand takes up both hands? Then we could get a recipe that would be comparable to an Epic Chest (10 bolts) and epic legs (7 bolts and 1 strap).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  19. Numa

Numa Avatar

@DarkStarr,
    - thank you very much for the response. This was actually my question, I think @Arnaeus Moonglow's name was carried over inadvertently from the previous question :)

20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Or Redfish's red fish.
    Mh.
    I posted it as a joke but now I want it in game. Damn you brain.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.