The dancing tease

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Moiseyev Trueden, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

This was posted over in the Favorite Moment in R15 forum and it got me thinking... which to quote LeFou is a dangerous past time.

So... What would you be interested in seeing them try to implement in a dancing system?

Try to keep it limited to top 3 things you'd like to see.

1. Being able to move, jump, crouch in different directions while dancing, doubly so if your movement directly affects the dance moves like the system in ArcheAge... which I think still has the best MMO dancing I've ever seen
    2. Being able to invite others and dance with them in a coordinated way (Tango, Waltz, or the aforementioned largest virtual conga line)
    3. Being reactive/in beat with an in game music source (the obvious Avatar's Radio, piano being played, etc.)

Don't worry about how impossible it will be on our Devs, shoot for the moon. If they can't or don't use our ideas, it may still springboard other ideas that they will be able to implement.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I know right! especially since i had been discussing a conga event with the good people of avatars radio prior to that :D

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi all. Ok I love this subject. So since I'm not a huge fan of the jig or the other dance that's sort of jig like, I truly want to see some more romantic types of dances, or even one would be ok, perhaps a slow dance and even cooler if we could right click another persons
    character and with the trade, duel, add to party etc, it would also say perhaps SLOW DANCE, FAST DANCE and even HUG lol although that's not a dance, well usually unless you are trying to get out of it;) So in my searching I found a bit of dances here and
    there from games, but not exactly the video I wanted since I'm kind of particular sometimes.;) I have a feeling we will have plenty of opportunity in this game to be social as well as doing our crafting, adventuring, fighting etc, and then perhaps off we go to
    the tavern for a brew and some relaxing fun slow dancing with someone special, or hmmm perhaps many that are someone special, or even someone new to meet and hang out with.;)

so for 1,2, and 3 to sum it up:

1 - Be able to have a slow romantic dance following each other if possible
    2-More varities of dances, perhaps tango, waltz, or 2 step
    3-Wishful thinking Dancing would have twirling, perhaps a dip (with couples), not just be silly, some nice looking dancing animations (not that the dances we have aren't very well done, they are fantastic looking)

I also have to say my favorite dance we have so far is the 'I want brains' dance which cracks me up everytime anyone does it and that is pretty sad. I want to keep that one I love it, but please we need some more. Majoria is not that much of a jig girl.

**edited**

4. Sammegarian

Sammegarian Avatar

I hate to reference another online game for my suggestion, but since ArcheAge has already been referenced, eh, why not? I will not have 1, 2 and 3, just one:

In "The Secret World" they recently added danceshoes of synchronization, these shoes allow a party leader to take the lead in a dance party, and any party members that do the same dance he/she is doing are automatically at exactly the same point through the dance they are, example: https://33.media.tumblr.com/0b908380dc8e2c2beb80426b110391d7/tumblr_nl3nahcysc1r79h8ho1_400.gif

Granted, this image is only of synchronized NPCs dancing, but it is my understanding that this is what the dance shoes achieve as well.

Now, I'd very much like to for us to be able to have this effect without having to buy an item from some cash-shop to get it (Like you do in TSW)

Now, what they were talking about, getting everyone in a conga-line may be exactly this anyway, but I figured i'd suggest it anyway.

The Secret World didn't have this synchronization until recently, and for a long time there were very disorganized dance parties (There were A LOT of dance parties in TSW)

Note: I played TSW for about 3 years, very regularly, but have probably put less than 10 hours into it since I started playing SotA after Release 14 (Too little too late TSW)

Sue D Nim, Lace, Leelu and 7 others like this.
  5. Logain

Logain Avatar

I know I might catch some fire on this posting but, as I recently pondered on the subject myself, I simply have to chip in.
    It's not only a crowed funded, but a crowed developed game! Have a Kinect can can dance? Great, go and show us (with the 30 days free trial). Got a Dev+ account? Fantastic! Take the Avatar from the Dev+ section, and get the animations up and running in Unity 5. (I have neither a Kinect, nor can I dance, or I'd give it a try)
    'Single' dance should be easy. Coordinated ones are tricky though, since you need to edit the hand hight on the fly (can be accomplished with Unity) to fit the different custom sized Avatars and even more complicated, you need to record two partners at the same time. That one's a bugger, but still possible with a little bit of more work (and equipment, if like 3-4 people live close by).
    I'd be more than happy to chip in on the technical part. I'm a complete and horrible failure on the dancing part though ;)

6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

My real life dance moves are already covered by /dance3 :(

7. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

I like the idea of interactive emotes (with consent). Not sure how hard that might be though.

I'd also like to see us able to make dance combos - where you could combine two or more dance emotes to form an extended dance.

First we'd need to be able to turn the /xxx emote into icons we could drag over to hotbars. A game called Anarchy Online allowed this many years ago (scripting macro emotes), so it should be possible now I hope using this engine. A few other games have done this as well, simply by allowing us to assign an icon to a skill or emote.

Then also have more hotbars we could put onto our screen than just the one at the bottom, so we could put more social emotes onto these bars for easy access.

Next have a series of dances and individual dance moves.

Then you make all those dance emotes into icons, and then drag all the various dance moves and dances onto our new extra hotbars.

Then we would be able to click or hotkey the various dance emotes and dance moves while we were dancing, to perform more complex dances. The dances and dance moves would continue on from where the last dance/dance move finished, and these would be dance combos.

The individual dance moves are what players could use to keep the dance appearing continuous and flowing, using them between the various (with much longer animations) dances. This takes a little pressure off the devs to make the dances all flow together - it becomes up to the player to make this appear to happen, using the tools (dance moves and dances) the devs have made for us.

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

One of the reasons behind this is to get ideas so that can be done. I'm not a gifted programmer, but by getting ideas I can check out sources that do a lot of this and figure out, hopefully, how to implement some of it (just got unity 5 downloaded and waiting for devs to release a unity 5 PC pack so I don't have to design my own player characters in addition to trying to create realistic moves, as the last character pack is old and has changed a lot). If left to my own devices I'd probably waste time in areas that others wouldn't enjoy as much.

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And also regarding touches that will make this game stand out will benefit the game in all aspects. RG has faith in the Unity Engine so I am excited to see what this engine can do. Well If anything Chaox will give us a Conga Line when he gets a moment;) That would be cool.
    Hopefully he is reading this thread and sees we have a desire to dance;) well and dance while fishing ;) *hint* *hint* :)

lol Ok no coffee again just edited this **off I go to step away from this d*mn thing for a minute**:(

10. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Is this the only dance move allowed when fishing?

11. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

I would like to see some break dancing. but It should cost like 10 adventuring points per new move you learn. should have peacemaking effect.

1.The dolphin
    2. Headspins
    3. Windmills

Edit: shouldnt be able to perform these moves in heavy armor unless you have > 99 dex

12. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

I would like to formally request...."the Bernie".

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Funny and then I thought, well as long as the fish he caught is not under him **yikes**

14. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

No, this is -

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL that is so funny and a perfect example. Really gave me a good laugh, we need an oblivious character like that where there's music he blindly follows;)

16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

nah if I"m at a party I don't want to be penalized for dancing, but I'm sure the in game features like being nourished will just be there whatever we do. I wouldn't want to add more unless it was fun and I could be convinced of that. I guess I was over reacting a bit;)

Oops well unless you were joking about the dex.;)

17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I love the idea of being able to dance with your baby! Perhaps it could be an option when you click on their name...

Dance-slow dance
    Dance-fast dance
    Dance-with radio music (probably asking too much here :) )

Dancing with each other would be a really cool feature for our game.

Cordelayne, Ice Queen, Leelu and 4 others like this.
  18. Ciciro

Ciciro Avatar

Poll dancing of course! How else will I be able to pay for my lavish lifestyle?

19. redfish

redfish Avatar

1. The only thing better than a dance line would be a dance circle -- which was typical of medieval dance and would fit the game perfectly. Then we could also dance around trees, etc.

2. Skirts that spin around during dance.

3. The ability to duck underneath something while dancing, so one couple can pass underneath another's joined arms.

4. The use of props like swords, sticks, ribbons.

5. Just like we'll probably be able to write down sheet music in the game, and play from it programatically, it would be neat to be able to write down choreography, and dance from it programatically.

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

There are different forms of dance notation. It would be neat to have that, in addition to musical notation. When you want to perform something, either dance or music, a single sheet might have a certain number of parts; the players assign all of the parts necessary, and then click start.

I think that would be a more interesting than a kind of meta-scripting that looks like a programming language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.