NB Astronomy resumes..

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I really shouldn't be the month so much as how planetary orbits play out. Since the orbits are based on prime numbers, the only ones that will be the same from year to year are.. I want to say Purple and Orange.. :) Dishonor and Punishment as they both go evenly into 336. Every other planet's orbits will be different every year. So it's a question of how many planets are in the sky at once.

Time Lord, Stundorn and Numa like this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

So I've finally gotten a chance to watch most of the spring telethon (I have about 15 minutes to go).. so there will be some significant changes in the sky as of R40

The planets are basically being redone. We should consider that all current planets have been place holders up until now. The order of their names will not change however but it may appear that some have moved. IE the green planet will probably appear to turn yellow and appear in the 2nd orbit for example.

Also of note.. the Infinity/Ethical Hedonism constellation is now officially named Ethos.. which I like MUCH better.. as Ethos basically means a code of conduct. I'm a little late on this one mostly because I didn't get to watch the telethon live but I can't be the first to figure everything out can I? :)

Another take away was that as far as Starr knows the sieges are working as intended minus the influence of the devotionals.. well we now know how they're intended to work so.. yeah they're currently buggy as anything but we will have to confirm that for R40.

With R40 we'll know exactly which towns are related to which virtues so I will simply pick one and verify for the schedule.

Bow Vale and Time Lord like this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Thank you Sir @Bowen Bloodgood and forever as always,

[​IMG]

At some point Sir Bowen you may find it useful to eventually move to a pie chart for the sake of predictive mandala like the pentagram is to Venus. The cabalists having some known geometric structures, it's quite possible that these geometric mandalas already exists or may reveal themselves to be more recognizable for adjustment if at some time (say maybe time of actual game release) the planets become adjusted by our Portalarium. I would doubt that may happen, yet one never knows as some things regarding connection to quest or other hidden event which coordinates with such things may be then either placed in sync with the planets or planets being adjusted for it. I think that's very doubtful this would ever happen, yet all it would take is some simple adjustments to cause that to happen as if locking a final key into place. Yet through mandala, mandalas are not something so easily changed once the rhythm of the geometry has been set.

As a predictive tool, mandala can or could help fill in all the blanks.
    Just a though Sir Bowen. Forever an admirer,
    ~Time Lord~

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

A little math is all that is going to be necessary in this case once the schedules are working properly. We're at a point where all I need to do is plug in a year and a month and I can see where all the planets are going to be. I have absolutely no clue as to how a pie chart is even going to work or in this case what it would look like.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

Sounds like they is using the term moons instead of planets now.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

They are sort of Moons, even the Sun in regard to where we're observing from or how the gaming mechanics are laid out. I know we may be able to move off the planet to them someday which is the only way I see any retrograde becoming observable from the individual's perspective. being all our game is a giant fractal, I think patterns of equinox may apply when charting them by days rather than degree at this point in our study of event vs positions.

Equinox type of movements may apply here as a day graph. Relying on days of the planets position, this may shift the calendar date of event by "some" accurate means. (I'm far behind here and have yet to see an astrolabe in use. I think I remember them just revealing the constellations). Being this is a computer programed world and that all our know geometry from Earth caused 360 degrees to represent a circle, I believe that a more evolution is needed in understanding event vs Moon/s positions as you all here seem to be doing. But being a program, I'm thinking that a certain Moon hits a certain SOTA astrolabe constellation and triggers the event, but that's an assumption.

But to lay out a pie graph...

[​IMG]

... it's the shifting of these dates that causes my inquire in moving to mandala. 12 signs/11 signs*, 10 Moons, the signs seem a better judge (hypothetically) to plot event by rather than the date as one possible factor, then possibly combined with the positions, oppositions, conjunctions, angles, ext, that then could be the key to finding the exact day of the event. To go out on the edge of such pondering, Richard's first descriptions of the Codex was built to be seen through different lenses.
    I can only remember that there were 2 lenses of virtues and to understand one was not exactly to fully understand the other, gargoyle & human. Our cabalists could be seeing one thing in the sky, while we see another. Yet this is one of those things that comes up in astrology, where everyone wasn't seeing or using the exact same signs always, but were using the same in many cases, mandalas/geometric patterns within them which could then "translate" to the other. What I'm saying is that 2 pies or lenses (ways of seeing things) could be at work with mandala as the key, yet possibly having to use both (different types) of mandala together for the more accurate prediction of the event date. I know that such a thing could lead to other Portalarium products being made which may help them and we players. Yet there's a 3rd lens possibly and that could be our own home clocks on the wall, who's evolution came by it's pattern by the astronomy/astrology of Earth's heavenly bodies. I seem to recall Richard having mentioned quests coming from computer games which connected to real life things in some video on gaming I saw him interviewed on. Our Codex of the original into UO developed into the 3 lens geometry yet no one that I know of knew where the 3rd lens came from. We see in old graphics on the walls where even with gargoyle and human standing there with 2 lenses, that the graphic on the wall depicts 3 lenses. (someone may know more about this than me to explain or understand it all, but I never knew where the 3rd was suppose to have come from).

[​IMG]

Am I too far out here or missing something of information to speak of such? can you understand any of my babble? o_O and I do apologize for it, truly I do. I just sort of blurted it all out here :( Terribly sorry, I didn't even proof read.
    "I truly don't know", but mandala, lenses and circles seem to be something very steeped within our history.

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm afraid you went off on a tangent for a bit there but I think you may be missing some info.

The devs have confirmed on a couple occasions very recently how the siege schedule is supposed to work. It's pretty straight forward and you eluded to it yourself I believe. When the moon representing the anti-virtue crosses the constellation of its opposing virtue is when a particular siege is to occur. Now is what I always thought it was supposed to be from my initial impressions of the subject but it hadn't been discussed for a long time since.

We know that where the constellations will be and when.. so it's just a matter of knowing the moon/planet's schedule. Which isn't all that complicated. In fact, you missed liking quite a few posts earlier. ;) From the following thread..

NB Astronomy: Number Crunching

Which lays out the basic math to calculate where the planets will be on any given day. Though it doesn't into great depth.. you if you really wanted you could figure it out on a per minute basis.

And.. while now obsolete.. this thread..

Siege Tracking - Breaking them all down

Has a very basic chart that will do most of the work for me. I'm wondering how hard it would be to modify it to include comparing constellation positions for the month. Or now that I know how the schedule is intended to work.. I can probably come up with something much easier to look at and understand by better dividing that information. Since it is no longer necessary to compare planets with each other.. (though this worksheet makes it easy to find alignments that's not what I'm going for at the moment).. it's only necessary to compare specific planets with specific constellations.. The latter of which retains a static schedule from year to year.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

Thanks always for catching me up Sir @Bowen Bloodgood !
    To follow in this subject is always to be behind you :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Bow Vale likes this.
  9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Thank you very much....Ill try to be there this Sun.

Time Lord and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  10. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@Bowen Bloodgood I would like to come to your Astonomy class but I need to know where it is.
    Thank you
    CatherineRose

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's currently 12:30p NBT.. at the museum in New Britannia Market just west of Brittany.

Time Lord and Bow Vale like this.
  12. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

I missed it Im sorry...when is the next day and time?

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Next Sunday.. same place, same time.

Lord Andernut, Berek and Time Lord like this.
  14. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Thank you :)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: "What an Astrolabe Told Me" :confused:

[​IMG]

But First... What Orbital Speeds Told Me;
    Currently there are many Moon (planet) conjunctions which have very common geometric shapes they make in the sky through conjunctions. There's everything from squares to hexagons, to 7 pointed stars which are made the in the same way as that of a pentagram of Venus/Sun/Earth (and there's a few of pentagrams here as well).

The astrolabe is very telling as well as the Moondial that our planets are only temporarily moving along the same orbital plane. When they ever are moved from this single plane, many will not come close to some constellations in the same way they may seem now to be doing.

When considering different orbital paths which are shown within the astrolabe view of the sky, this means that it could be possible that we could eliminate some constellations considerations with some planets/Moons to show effect or indicate event, from absolute to improbability.

~Time Lord~o_O

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

How is it there is any evidence that the orbital paths are temporary? It is extremely improbable that any mechanic will be added that will change them.

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Take a look through an astrolabe and there are lines there which I interpret as orbital paths the same as how mixed up a Darkstarr Moondial depicts them. They seem to have major conjunction points for some within certain constellations, just as in the Moondial model.

In a nut shell, the orbital pathways on the Moondial model are depicted in the sky when looking at the sky using an astrolabe. If that Moondial model, as well as what lines are depicted using an astrolabe are correct, then the current orbital pathways are not.

Further within the astrolabe view, there are blinking lights which seem to depict each planet's color, yet not all have all planet colors depicted within their flashing workings. This indicates to me the possibility that when a constellation is in pay with one of the planets, then that planet's color would be flashing, or otherwise indicate that it is in play.

This being a game and our Lord British his ever genus self, this would make more sense to me than leaving them as they are, all on the same orbital plane, because He's such a perfectionist and both He and Lord Darkstarr are both nutty bananas crazy about their orreries.

[​IMG]

~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Methinks you are reading far too much into it.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] Reading too much into it or not, it may do well to see those paths along with your calculations of orbital speed. What I was finding through conjunction mandala seems to fit the planets crossings at or near particular constellations. It doesn't disturb what you've seemed to accomplish much, other that the possibility of removing certain constellations when it comes to certain planets because they would or may never meet in the sky.

Have you an astrolabe yet? When you do, take a look at the sward constellation, count the flashing dots with notice to their colors and you may find you can eliminate a planet or two from ever being effected by that constellation. This develops pattern within the timing and through proses of elimination, thus possibly seeing more clearly what the combination is to have caused the effect. Currently all the colored light's flash, meaning there's a possibility of seeing one or more flashing and thus read the sky without the use of math. This would cause our skies to be more user friendly and add meaning to the astrolabe. Without such user friendliness then those new arrival players to our game would be at the mercy of others more mathematically inclined and patient to the deed. As far as gaming mechanics to have them come off from their current orbital plane, it just becomes a matter of tilting their orbital paths, which should be simple to do without the need of any major reprograming involved.

What future you are seeing to come is one where both the Moondial and Astrolabe serve little purpose other than as eye candy and more of a select few having the ease of ability and added patience to know where things are and what they are effecting. I'm not sure that such would be a good gaming model as it then does not appeal to the masses and thus becomes a lesser used, highly neglected, yet vitally important ability within our game as well as it's appeal.

Some of these planets are only in conjunction twice before repeating their entangled orbits, which would then fit both ends where all orbit lines converge in within a single sign. This effect of tilting the orbits would be consistent with a system which would be in disarray after a major event caused the one binding planet, or if it's all orbiting it's Sun. It would take only a small amount of quick energy to have caused such havoc among the planets/Moons. A small black hole could do it. In a world filled with continuity and purposeful tools, I think we all need to take a good look at the astrolabe. I have yet to count the conjunction points within all those orbital lines seen through the astrolabe and rectifying them to the Moondial, yet I surely will be and I think you should also.

It could be only a grid I'm seeing, yet if it is a grid, what then is it's purpose? The orbits represented by the Moondial seem to fit both the ends of the grid if it is a grid. At the main convergence point if the Moondial model is correct, this would place at least one constellation where all orbits meet. The Moondial doesn't have the zodiac on it, yet that single sign at convergence point could identify a point of beginning to see where the others could be on the dial.

(3/29/17)
    I think what I'm seeing is defiantly a grid, though a bad one which seems to serve no purpose, though it's because they are very badly drawn that holds open their possibility of being orbital paths when compared to the Moondial representation. If these lines are a grid, they certainly do cross at funny intersect points which do not resemble a grid.

:oops:~"Time Will Tell"~o_O
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~:D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  20. Balandar

Balandar Avatar

I'm just starting to look into Astronomy. Can anyone tell me what are the names of these two planets that had an alignment?

One Minute after alignment
    3/30/2017 23:06 Central |9/21/510 02:24:00 NB
    [​IMG]

Alignment
    3/30/2017 23:05 Central |9/21/510 01:59:59 NB
    [​IMG]

Edit: Or is there a list of planet names?

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.