A heartfelt thank you, from the entire Dev Team, to all of you, our backers, that have contributed to the development funding of Shroud of the Avatar! Today’s Telethon was yet another example of your amazing support and contributions! We sign off for the night and will update this page tomorrow with the final numbers as of Midnight, May 2nd!
Again, thank you, and good night…
** $67,500 **
Current Telethon Funds Raised
(Dev Team shots/songs/dance every $2500 increment)
As a special bonus, we are offering Telethon Funding Stretch Goal Rewards to any backer that pledges a minimum of $5 from the start of the telethon, until Midnight May 2 (Spending Store Credit to make $5 minimum purchase does not apply). The Spring Festival Telethon Funding Stretch Goal Rewards are:
- Achieved! $10,000 – /Flowers Emote (rains flower petals)
- Achieved! $25,000 – Flower Crown (increases length of /flowers emote)
- Achieved! $50,000 – Giant Butterfly Pet
- Achieved! $60,000 – Giant Dragonfly Pet
- $70,000 – Giant Ladybug Pet
We have decided to hold a 10 hour Spring Festival of the Avatar Telethon from 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM Central Time (5:00 PM UTC to 03:00 AM UTC) on May 2nd, and to extend our Spring 2016 Bonus and Pledge Expirations from 10:30 AM until the end of the telethon at 10:00 PM CT. As we march toward the Final Wipe and Lot Selection milestone in July, we are permanently expiring almost half of all pledges during the Spring 2016 Pledge Expiration Event, at
10:30 AM 10:00 PM Central Time (5:00 PM UTC to 03:00 AM UTC), May 2, 2016.
If you were thinking of purchasing (or upgrading) a pledge before they expire, or purchasing an add-on item, player owned town, service voucher, or Make A Difference item, then now’s a great time to do it! Thru
10:30 AM 10:00 PM CT, May 2, 2016 we’ll add an additional 15% bonus to your Store Credit! (Read more…)
The Spring Festival of the Avatar Telethon will include deep dives, lots of prize giveaways* (like coins, t-shirts, store credits, even pledges!), and even some surprises, so you don’t want to miss a moment of it!
Warning: Telethon is Rated PG-13 for Alcoholic Content
(might get upgraded to Rated-R depending on rate of pledges)
Drinking / Dancing / Singing Rules:
- For every $2500 spent (new money only) Chris, Richard, and Starr (and other Devs that choose to participate) have a choice of 1 of the following:
- 1 Shot/Sip
- 1 dance (audience suggestions considered)
- 1 verse of a song (audience suggestions considered)
And as always we will be answering your questions during the telethon. You can pre-post your questions right here in the comments section or post them live in IRC during the Telethon
Here is the current schedule of events (times and content subject to change):
- 12:00 pm CDT: R29 Post Mortem
- 2:00 pm CDT: Story, NPCs, & Companions
- 3:30 pm CDT: Player Housing and Player Owned Towns
- 4:30 pm CDT: Crafting, Food, Agriculture & Economy
- 6:00 pm CDT: Combat, Resistances, Targeting
- 7:30 pm CDT: PVP
- 8:30 pm CDT: Players vs. Devs PVP Deathmatch Brawl in Chaos Caverns
- Every Virtue is Lasting is proud to present the Spring Telethon Duel With The Devs PVP Tournament. Have you ever wanted to do battle with Darkstarr, show Lord British who’s the boss or teach Atos a thing or two? Well now is your chance in this not to be missed team PVP challenge where anything goes! Upon arrival at the Chaos Caverns, Avatars will be assisted in the creation of a team to do battle with Lord British, Atos and Darkstarr. Be the talk of the town and receive developer crafted equipment stamped with their very own unique makers mark. Defeat more Devs to receive more loot! So don’t delay, make your way to the Chaos Caverns situated underneath Virtue Oasis on the Hidden Vale and become a legend! Transportation Avatars are Jar Laxle and EVL.
- 10:00 pm CDT: Goodbyes and Thank Yous with everyone still standing!
* There will be some really awesome prizes awarded during the telethon, but you have to be present in the IRC chatroom to qualify for each drawing.
** This post will be opened for questions as soon as it is updated to include the segment schedules. Please keep in mind that questions and feedback related to each segment will be given priority and really verbose questions may be skipped, as they can be a challenge to shorten and summarize live on the air. In brief… please keep your questions… brief.