Greetings Fellow Avatars! Here’s what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed!
- Land Rush Q&A Livestream with Atos Today!
- New Store Items: Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms and More!
- Mistrendur: Land Rush Update!
- Darkstarr Vault Round!
- March Login Reward: Leprechaun Hat!
- Release 75 Reward Program Exclusive Login Items: St. Patrick’s Day Theme!
- Bard Skills in Player Test Environment (QA)!
- World & UI Changes
- Crafting & Economy Changes
- Combat Balance
- Updated Player-Owned Towns
- Bug Fixes
- Streaming Reward Program
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams (YouTube)
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Meretz: Win an Obsidian Tower Town Water Home (No Trade)
- Community Event: Podcasts & Poetry Return to Virtue Radio!
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Pantheon
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Universal Broadcast Orb Transformed!
To celebrate the upcoming 2nd anniversary of Shroud of the Avatar’s official launch, a major enhancement has been made to the Free-to-Play (FTP) experience. The Universal Broadcast Orb was formerly a $2 Add-On Store item which gated FTP players from having initial access to the global chat channels. This feature offered some level of spam protection to our in-game chat, but it also inadvertently stifled communication for new FTP players wanting to participate in our community. Well now the FTP players will be heard! As of R75, the Universal Broadcast Orb will no longer be required to utilize Universal nor Trade chat channels. This item has been removed from the Add-On Store, and for those already having one in their possession? Those users have received a stunning orb decoration as a replacement. The new decoration version of the Universal Broadcast Orb also emits light and counts as a light source.
This enhancement to the FTP player experience is just one of the exciting new features to arrive this year. Read more about what’s on the horizon in the Shroud of the Avatar 2020 Vision!
Land Rush Q&A Livestream with Atos Today!
Another weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, February 28 at 4PM CDT on Twitch!
Join us today for a community Q&A session! Chris Spears a.k.a. Atos and other developer team members will be present to answer questions about the Land Rush for Mistrendur as well as other topics broached by the community. Hope to see you all there!
To enter the prize drawings, type “love makes the world go round” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch today, Friday at 4 PM CDT!
New Store Items: Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms and More!
New to the CotO Store for Release 75 are the Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms. Let the more stylin’ Gustball tourneys begin! Also, a Dirt Path Pavers Set is now available on the store! And better late than never, patching in during R75, a Fancy Kitchen Sink and Fancy Wash Basin Set will arrive on the store! Lots of great decoration items were patched in throughout R74, such as the 8 amazing non-player characters (NPC) readied for the player created dialogue scripting system! These new type of NPC’s are known as Conversationalists. Other items added to the game recently were a variety of stone/boulder packs, crystal chandeliers, goofy fish trophies, and even a new variety of VFX decoration — Fireflies!
- Dyable Heraldry Gustball Uniforms
- Dirt Path Pavers Set
- Fancy Kitchen Sink (will patch in during R75)
- Fancy Wash Basin Set (will patch in during R75)
- Conversationalist (Female, 4 Varieties)
- Conversationalist (Male, 4 Varieties)
- Boulders (4, 6 and 10 Packs)
- Fireflies (Blue, Green, Orange and Yellow)
- Crystal Chandelier (Several Varieties)
- Goofy Fish Trophies
Mistrendur: Land Rush Update!
By royal decree, the process details for the Mistrendur land rush has been issued to the peoples of New Britannia! Players made reservations to add or move towns to Mistrendur some time ago, and the time to begin selecting locations draws very close!
Recently, we delayed the start date for the land rush by 2 weeks to ensure future settlers of Mistrendur have more time to prepare, and so the developers could provide a better land rush experience to the players. We’ll soon be providing an improved map (the prototype is shown below) and include MANY more location indicators on the Mistrendur overworld to ensure you can make a well informed decision. Also, the official announcement thread will continuously be updated as we draw closer to the land rush, so be sure to keep apprised of any new information as it comes to light.
- The site selections will be made in the sequence the reservation vouchers were purchased.
- The first bracket of players will commence with their selections on Saturday, March 14, Noon CDT.
- For more information, please read the official announcement in the forums.
This new land mass is just one exciting new feature arriving this year. Read more about what’s on the horizon in Shroud of the Avatar’s 2020 Vision!
Darkstarr Vault Round!
The current round of Vault items are available until Friday, March 13 at 10:30 AM CDT. At that time, the next round of 9 items will be available for two weeks, and then the next, etc.
- Darkstarr Black Chain Armor (outfit)
- Darkstarr 2-Handed Sword
- Darkstarr 1-Handed Spear
- Darkstarr Morningstar
- Darkstarr Crossbow
- Darkstarr Pavers
- Darkstarr Clocktower
- Elven 4-Story City Home
- Kobold 4-Story Great Hall City Home
March Login Reward: Leprechaun Hat!
Just in time for Saint Patty’s Day, Avatars! Be sure to log in sometime between March 1st and 31st to receive this special and festive Leprechaun Hat! This clover sporting gem of green headwear is a must have for any would-be celebrator this season. Enjoy!
Release 75 Reward Program Exclusive Login Reward Items: Saint Patrick’s Day Theme!
It’s time for all things green, Avatars! So don’t get pinched! Rewards Program exclusive login reward items for Release 75 are St. Patrick’s Day themed! Reward Program members will receive these exclusive items immediately upon logging in during Release 75!
- Clover Pavers
- Leprechaun Statue
- Pot o’ Gold with Rainbow Effects
NOTE: You must login during the release to receive each release’s exclusive rewards.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Gold Crowns, AND receive exclusive monthly reward items!
For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Gold Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Exclusive Monthly Login Reward Items (~ 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- Pick any Dye 12 Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of the 7 Obsidian Potions every month, including:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
Bard Skills in Player Test Environment (QA)!
The bard skill tree now has many skills available for testing on the Player Test Environment (QA) server. QA testers can train these skills by visiting the Advanced Skills Tactics Trainer in Desolis. We’re hard at work adding visual and audio effects, but players can now experiment with many of these new abilities and provide crucial feedback to the development team on the Player Test Environment (QA) forums. Here’s a list of 5 additional abilities, but keep in mind a total of 16 will be added:
- Savage Sonata: AoE enrage ability
- Chorus of Conservation: AoE focus cost reduction for party members
- Rhythmic Readiness: Passive skill that reduces ability casting time
- Resounding Reach: Passive skill which increases range of abilities
- Musical Fortitude: Passive skill which increases duration of abilities
World & UI Changes
Many updates that affected the game world or aspects of the user interface (UI) were patched in during R74 or went live for R75:
- Mistrendur: New Episode 2 continent was patched in during R74 and will receive constant updates in preparation for the upcoming land rush. Changes have included the addition of a galleon to Novia as well as rowboats from/to each island. Additional location markers are being added to assist with player land rush decisions. Ambient sounds, discoveries, Episode 2 tier markers were added. POT placeholders were adjusted to be centered in their hexes and some slight terrain change follow-ups occurred. Collision was regenerated and the navmesh was rebaked.
- Ruined Keep: This scene now allows for full open multi-play. It had previously been restricted to Party and Solo modes.
- Galleon Updates: Below is the full list of “Cross-Continent Galleons” that will be available in R75 across the three overworld maps. Using one will bring up a list of all the others, in a manner similar to the lists available at POT signpost teleporters.
- Aerie (New!)
- Ardoris (New!)
- Jaanaford (New!)
- Noreach (New-ish!)
- Mistrendur (New-ish!)
- Skrekk: Extra dialogue was added to Kobolds.
- Aether Creatures: Have left New Britannia after having long overstayed their welcome.
- Adventuring Trainers: “Bypass conversations with merchants” can no longer be skipped with adventuring trainers unless you have a specific “training” flag that relates to that trainer. This ensures players are less likely to bypass receiving advanced attack techniques and advanced deck options.
- Goti: This town has received a boat to Novia.
- POT Decorations: These items can now be placed as POT decorations but were formerly only allowed as housing decoration.
- Crafting Stations
- Printing Press
- Flat Basket
- Hand Basket
- Small Campfire
- Barn Stall
- Thin Barn Stall
- Aether Vibration Amplifier Console
- Blue Toadstool
- Green Toadstool
- Red Toadstool
- Sturdy Bench
- Gnome Miner
- Gnome Couple
- Ornate Dual Wax Amplifier
- Basic Chess/Checker Board (and pieces)
- Writeable Paper
- Digging Shovel
- Flat Shovel (Blacksmith)
- Flat Shovel (Viking)
- Plant (Dracaena)
- Plant (Laurentii)
- Plant (Pink Brush)
- Simple Wooden Stick Torch
- Square Shovel
- Iron Lantern
- Water Well: Now allows for placement in Player Dungeons.
- Torture Rack and Table: These items now have decoration surfaces.
- Lord of the Isle Mansion: Added a secret room to the Lord of the Isle Mansion.
- Property Manager: Cooldown time for utilizing the magic movers/property manager interface has been lowered from 300 to 30 seconds.
Crafting & Economy Changes
Many fantastic changes to the player economy and crafting were patched in during R74 or went live for R75:
- Dyable Gustball Uniforms: These non-heraldry gustball uniforms can be crafted by players! These will patch in and the recipes will be available on tailor merchants during R75.
- Fishing: The river has been deepened in Crooked Shank for swimming/fishing.
- Recall/Teleport Scrolls: Using these scrolls will now only take 5 seconds.
- Cupid Bow: Now has an associated eternal pattern from salvaging this item.
- Printing Press: Added the standard Printing Press to deco merchant.
- Necklaces: Durability of necklaces have been increased.
- Belts: Durability of belts have been increased.
- Wyvern Heads: Several wyverns now have increased head drop rates (Note: These are still SUPER rare).
- Spell Components: Banish Undead, Fireball, Ring of Fire, and Solar Flare all received tweaks to reagent consumption to make them consume more player grown reagents and fewer merchant purchased reagents.
- Artifact Enhancement: Acara plate, the Tricorn of the Cap’n, and the Quiver of Jealousy can now all be upgraded. The Heart of V’rul, Gaia’s Heart, and Frozen Tear can now all be socketed.
- Ink NPC Conversationalists: These new types of NPC’s that allow for player customizable dialogue scripts have all received a sizable boost well beyond the original 1000 character limit.
- Fishing Book Pattern: This pattern made special for the anglers of New Britannia has been added to book merchants.
As part of the SotA 2020 Vision Post, Atos indicates combat balancing efforts will be a big part of changes coming to Shroud of the Avatar this year. Read what we’ve got brewing for combat balance changes and his reasoning behind it. Here are just a small number of the balance items that were patched in during R74 or went live for R75:
- Simultaneous Use of Identical Artifacts: These changes didn’t quite make it for R74, and to be pushed in sometime during R75, expect a wide range of artifacts to no longer allow simultaneous use. For instance, your character will no longer be able to use dual wands, ankhs or even rings of the exact same variety in each hand or ring slot.
- Simultaneous Use of Related Artifacts: Also not making it for R74, and to be pushed in sometime during R75, players should expect a variety of similar artifacts to be prohibited for simultaneous use. Examples will vary, but Rings of the Frogkin will not be allowed with Rings of the Cuttlekin, and Vexlyn Wands with Wands of Undying Embers.
- Attunement: The power coefficient for Attunement calculations was changed from 0.67 to 0.66 only for damage spells.
- Control Point Kobolds: Balance tweaks have been performed on Kobolds which spawn at control points.
- Vauban Pass: Risk vs reward adjusted to be more in line with other control points.
- Undead: Previous versions of undead had a 2X penalty to their Life and Sun magic resistances. This has been reduced to a 1X penalty. Several tweaks to zombies and skeletons were also made throughout the entire game.
- Fireball: Has been changed so that the DoT now only affects a maximum of 5 targets. The initial blast still hits 10 targets.
- Purify and Purify Burst: These two spells now remove confusion effects from players.
- Banish Undead: The base focus cost of this skill has been increased from 8 to 24 and it’s cooldown increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
- Stonefist: Now stun targets as originally intended.
Updated Player-Owned Towns
- Bard’s Rest: Now nested within Novia Market. Upgraded to City. Added interconnection with Silverdale Market.
- Saint Mary’s Island: Changed biome to Desert 01b.
- Shadowwood Forest: Size upgrade from Crossroads Village to City.
- Woodhaven: Added new Holdfast nested in Beran’s Reach.
Albeit many bug fixes were patched in during R74 or will patch in for R75’s release, here are some of the highlights!
- Fixes for vendor and overworld font issues.
- Spelling and typo fixes in numerous quests and UI elements.
- Snowy Mountains Road Encounter: Fixed an issue where players were unable to enter the Troll variant of this encounter.
- Fixed holes in POT template terrain (desert_metropolis_01b_template).
- Brittany Graveyard: All players given Owen’s key for the Serpent’s Spine Foothills should be able to use it on his secret treasure chest.
- Leprechaun deco and washbasin stand deco can no longer be flipped.
- Obsidian Plate Leggings once again should appear correctly instead of having bright green highlights. Acara Plate should now also appear correctly.
- Fix for Skrekk crash was implemented.
- Fix for collision issues in Blood River Forest Pit traps was implemented.
- Fire attunement loss now working properly for Magic Warding.
- Owl’s Head: Players will now properly unlock Guard Winslow’s name.
- Ravensmoor: Moved floating rocks to the ground and rebuilt the navmesh.
- Devotional Caretakers: fixed an issue where the devotional caretakers were stating the player had been to Jaanaford even when they hadn’t.
- Fixed store tags for rock and boulder packs.
- Adjusted lights on Fireflies VFX decorations.
- Blood River: The two guards named “Robert Townsend” are now named “Rob Townsend” and “Bob Townsend” (and they’re cousins).
- LOD performance work was performed for many decorations.
- Piano: Female Avatar’s name plate now moves to the right place when playing.
- Fixed an issue where the camera would not follow the character correctly when traveling on elevators.
- Ardoris: Updated the “boy in the attic” journal and responses from The Boy and Captain Cugel, including adding compass markers.
- Resolute: Added “bandit head” responses to Godbert’s “hello” responses which better match his “help” responses.
- Resolute: All the knights/guards now can respond to the “godbert” keyword.
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Updated the auto-switch that opens the “magically locked” gate to better account for grandfathered characters from before the BoSB revision.
- Fix for potential mail message overflow when mailing a lot of heavily crafted items.
- Summoned Wisps can now vanish after being slain.
- Visual and nav mesh fixes for the Snowy Mountain Road Encounter were implemented.
- Lord of the Isle decoration surface fixes, graphics fixes, and performance work were implemented.
- Marissa in Highvale Outskirts will now properly remember player names.
- Plains Road Encounter has had several balance and AI fixes.
- Prosperity tools will now show the correct stat bonuses.
- Fixed rain leaking through several popular houses.
- Fixed visuals when lutes are being used by female characters.
- Fixed quests dealing with Micsere in South Majestic Forest.
- Imbued Restoration potions will now restore the proper amount of health.
- Fixed Saddle bags being used as decorations.
- Fix for player bouncing in various situations was implemented but reversed due to side effects.
- Fixes for seams between head and torso on the pale male model were implemented.
- Fixed a problem that could cause messages from unrelated NPCs to be shown in the NPC chat window.
- IMPORTANT FIX: Eggs are once again place-able on walls! We are sorry we made these behave according to the laws of physics and regret our decision to change them.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bard Skill tree to prematurely appear on the live server. Bard skill tree items are still available in the Player Test Enironment (QA).
- Numerous visual fixes for The Clink including fixes for floating spider webs, floating torch, and other small visual glitches.
- Fixed conversations for Clink NPCs and Hidden Vale.
- Fixed new toilet and sink. They can now be used as POT decos.
- Fixed NPC dialogue editor. The scroll bars now work properly.
- Fixed scaling for some wolves.
- Alpha Wolf in Solace Bridge Outskirts no longer has a messed up looking snout.
- Women’s version of the Dark Starr boots are no longer tilted upwards.
- Fixed Godbert’s quest in Ardoris. Conversation responses have also been improved.
- Blue battle banner now has a bluer light.
- Vermilion lens quest in Hilt Fortress has been fixed.
- Fixed Unicorn skill issues.
- Problem with Decoration Palette causing unusual decoration aberrations has been fixed.
- Gates in Solace Bridge operate more effectively for grandfathered players completing it after the Solace Bridge revision.
- Sheep are no longer trapped inside of a Kingsport building.
- Fixed a floating trash pile in Brittany Alleys.
- Fixed Edvard’s ability to spell Ardoris.
- Using the boat to Estgard in Novia will no longer advance the Courage storyline unless the player has Brigid’s amulet.
Are You a Livestreamer?
Soon, the Streaming Reward Program will be returning. As the details are getting reworked, we’ll reveal more information. Traditional streaming rewards included an exclusive in-game Streamer Camera for being a veteran of our Streaming Program! Expect the camera reward to return! More goodies will come to your way as the program fully develops. Thank you for streaming Shroud of the Avatar!
Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
As one of the biggest and earliest supporters of Episode 2 you will be granted the largest lot deed in the land (Castle), the title Lord (or Lady) of the Isle, a tour of Lord British’s property, and dinner with the game leaders including Lord British himself! Only 24 of these unique bundles will be sold!
Complete List of Rewards:
- Lord of the Isle Place Anywhere Castle Lot Deed: Tax Free Forever (when placed in a POT) and Tax Free for 1 Year (when placed outside of a POT). Placeable on water as well as land!
- Title: Lord of the Isle or Lady of the Isle
- Unique Lord of the Isle Home
- NEW: A Festival of the Avatar FULL ticket (which includes admission, King’s Dinner, Barons Men Play, A Heraldry Banner) and one additional guest at a discounted rate.
- PLUS Choice of any 1 House currently available in the store
- Castle Basement currently available in the store of your choice
- Castle Wall Set currently available in the store of your choice (with enough for Castle Lot)
- Unique Lord of the Isle Dungeon Room
- 140,000 Crowns
- 999 Bank Slots
- Pick 12 Prosperity Tools
- 2 Unique in-game items (to be revealed later)
- Early Access to Episode 2
- Episode 1 Box and map signed by the team
- 1 hour one on one with Chris for design discussion (via video-conference)
- One real silver ring crafted personally by Lord British: Numbered 1 – 8
- In-game version of the Lord British ring: Numbered 1 – 8 (including a place-able decoration version)
- Tour of Lord British’s property
- Fine dinner and drinks with Lord British, Darkstarr, & Atos at a location TBD in Austin or NYC.
NOTE: Digital items that are currently available will begin delivery as soon as Release 62 (Jan 31). Other items will be delivered at a future date TBD.
NOTE: Travel costs NOT covered by Catnip Games for Tour & Dinner.
Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams (YouTube)
Atos and other members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team go live very frequently on our TWO Twitch Channels: twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar and twitch.tv/communityoftheavatar — be sure to get these channels on follow and get the latest information right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel (complete with “Mojito the dog” cam). Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at our other social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/GuBXakQ
Upcoming Events Calendar
Be sure to check out the Community Events section of the forum for events hosted by our wonderful community members! Below is a list of additional events as the year progresses:
Feb 27 – Release 75
Mar 26 – Release 76
Apr 30 – Release 77
May 28 – Release 78
June 25 – Release 79
July 30 – Release 80
Aug 27 – Release 81
Meretz: Win a Obsidian Tower Town Water Home (No Trade)
Whether you move a little or a lot, as a Meretz user you rack up valuable Meretz Points (MPs). The more MPs you have, the more stuff you can buy!
Think: in-game SotA goodies, Sweepstakes entries and tons more. With Meretz, we launch several sweepstakes every month. This month, we’re giving away an Obsidian Town Tower Water Home (No Trade) to a lucky winner! AND, use your MPs every day for in-game items like potions and emotes.
What’re you waiting for? Download Meretz TODAY!
Community Events: Podcasts & Poetry Return to Virtue Radio!
Attention Avatars! After a long absence, Podcasts and Poetry are returning to Virtue Radio! The Shroud of the Avatar community is INCREDIBLY creative, and over the last five years, many community members have composed short stories, poems, and other creative works. Asclepius, along with a number of other narrators have had the privilege of rendering them into audio form. There is a huge vault of podcasts on the Caverns site with well over 200 amazing creative contributions.
So after fiddling with the broadcast software, Asclepius now offers to share them with you. This is planned to be a regular WEEKLY segment, about an hour in duration. Listen in and you will hear a curated selection of short stories and poems, interspersed with some great community music.
When: Monday Evenings at 7 PM CDT
How to Listen: There are two methods to tune in to Virtue Radio
- Utilize your in-game Aether Vibration Devices for Avatar’s/Virtue Radio (radios, clockwork pets, clockwork helms, etc.)
- Simply point your browser to Avatar’s/Virtue Radio: https://zcu.io/jXP8
For more information about these reoccurring broadcasts on Avatar’s/Virtue Radio, please contact Asclepius on his forum post about this topic.
Project to Support – Crowfall
Be part of shaping the next great MMO by becoming a Crowfall Backer! Crowfall is the first and only online Throne War game. You can win. Join intense PvP battles that demand strategy, survival and a fierce competitive spirit. Reap the spoils of war as an Eternal Champion!
Claim virtual territory on behalf of your guild or faction. Capture mines, mills, and quarries to secure resources, build castles, and besiege your neighbors. Scavenge artifacts and relics from the Dying Worlds and install them in your temples to grant blessings to your vassals. Capture lost spirits to do your bidding — or bind them into your weapons to infuse them with sorcerous power!
Project to Support – Pantheon Rise of the Fallen
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen takes place on the high-fantasy world of Terminus, a wildly diverse land formed from fragments of many different realms and times, bringing with them their unique civilizations and deities. Explore long lost realms, as their people and cultures vie for power and form alliances, struggling to gain a foothold in an unfamiliar world. Uncover civilizations and awe-inspiring locales that offer incredible adventures for you and your friends to experience. Enter a world where the environment itself tells the story and where content is always king!
UPDATE: We were stunned to learn of the untimely passing of Brad McQuaid recently. He was one of the true pioneers and visionaries of our industry who brought Everquest to us. We have few words that can express how much we respect him; so we choose to honor him with a flaming sword tomb in Brittany Graveyard that reads: “Aradune: For the Brightest Flame Burns the Least Long”.
Project to Support – Avatar Express
[Forum post by Vladamir Begemot]
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no committment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immidiate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources – Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.
I can’t tell the team how much I have enjoyed this ride. Having been around since R1, it’s been awesome to watch the sausage-making and realizing how difficult that is when you have thousands of chefs adding different flavors. Hard to believe we’re 7 years into this project, heading to E2 and I’m as passionate as always about this game. Kudos for creating a world I want to play in. #everforward