At Midnight CDT (5:00 UTC) on August 22, 2016, we are expiring ALL remaining pledges, including: Adventurer, Founder, Royal Artisan, Explorer, Ancestor, Edelmann, Knight Marshal, Lord Marshal, Duke, and Lord of the Manor 2. To commemorate the final expiration of all remaining pledges, we are holding the 12-hour Summer Telethon Part 2, starting at 12:00 pm CDT (17:00 UTC) and running right up to the Final Pledge Expirations at Midnight CDT (5:00 UTC).
You can pre-post your questions right here in the article’s comments section, or post questions during the telethon in Discord chat.*
What exciting events can you expect throughout the day? An array of fun activities and engaging content, many of which you can directly participate in with us in-game! We will also be giving away a ton of fabulous prizes*, and if the following stretch goals are met, we will be adding amazing new content into the game.
Did you see what was unlocked during last month’s telethon? Let’s make it happen again in Part 2!
As a special bonus, we are offering Telethon Funding Stretch Goal Rewards to any backer that pledges a minimum of $5 from the start of the telethon, until Midnight (Spending Store Credit to make $5 minimum purchase does not apply). The Summer Telethon of the Avatar Funding Stretch Goal Rewards are:
- Achieved! $10,000: /aeroplane emote
- Achieved! $25,000: ? and ! Hats
- Achieved! $35,000: Aeronaut Outfit
- Achieved! $50,000: Accordion musical instrument
- Achieved! $65,000: Mini Automaton Pet
- Achieved! $80,000: Baby Clockwork Dragon Pet
- Achieved! $100,000: /camera emote with Tin Type Camera (takes tin type black & white screenshots)
- Achieved! $130,000: Clockwork Armor (helmet has built in radio)
- Achieved! $150,000: Flaming Bagpipes (musical instrument) with Metal and Leather Kilt
- Achieved! $175,000: Weather Changing Clockwork Umbrella
- Achieved! $200,000: /firedance emote with Leather Outfits
Cheer on the Devs!
For every $2,500 donated, all developers on camera have to either dance, sing, or drink a shot of alcohol.
Additionally, we will be spinning the Wheel of Fortune & Doom! (we borrowed this idea from our friends over at Crowfall). The wheel will have 14 items at any given time, but dozens of total prizes ultimately will be given away! This includes developers that, if selected, have to either dance, sing, or drink a shot of alcohol.
As the wheel is spun, what is selected will be replaced by something in the list below. Items already selected will be removed for a time (some may not come back onto the wheel for the rest of the telethon. Keep in mind that some of these may never come up, so cross your fingers for your preferred item!
Wheel of Doom Items: (NOTE: not a complete list and list subject to change)
- Blood Reliquaries 10% off for 1 hour
- All Lot Deeds 25% off for
30 min1 hour
- Viking Houses 20% off for 1 hour
- Juggles 20% for 1 hour
- Elven Elder Armor 10% off for 1 hour
- Pets 20% off for 1 hour
- Hot Air Balloon & Airship 25% off for 1 hour
- Stone Statues (incl Dragons!) 15% off for
30 min1 hour
- Obsidian Homes 20% off for
30 min1 hour
- Pipes 30% off for 1 hour
- Wearable Bundles 20% off for 1 hour
- Prosperity Tools 10% off for 1 hour
- Wings 20% for 1 hour
- /breathefires 20% for 1 hour
- Star Citizen Items 10% for 1 hour
- Kobold City 5% off for
30 min1 hour
- Viking City 5% off for
30 min1 hour
- Kobold Town 10% for 1 hour
- Viking Town 10% for 1 hour
- Viking Village Keep 10% for 1 hour
- Kobold Village Keep 10% for 1 hour
- Viking Village 10% for 1 hour
- Kobold Village 10% for 1 hour
- Kobold Row 10% for 1 hour
- Viking Row 10% for 1 hour
We also have these exciting prizes to give away throughout the telethon!*
- Store Credits
- Town Lot Property Deeds
- Obsidian Tower Village Home
- Star Citizen Aeronaut Helmet Starter Bundle
- Cloaks, Juggle, Musical Instruments, Pets, Prosperity Tool, Kobold, and other bundles
- Rare Lord British relics
- Special Challenge Coins
- Shroud of the Avatar t-shirts
- Sword of Midras audiobook AND hardcover copies!
- More Razer Gear
Here is a peek at what to watch out for as the telethon progress:
Schedule (All times and content subject to change)
- Noon: Welcome to the Summer Telethon!
- 12:30 PM: Community Trailer Contest winners announced!
- 1:00 PM: R32 Postmortem Q&A continues
- 2:00 PM: Studio Tour – Dev Rampage!
- 3:00 PM: Community Hour 1 – Getting Involved
- 4:00 PM: Story & NPCs Deep Dive
- 5:00 PM: Spite and Port Graff: Uncloning Process
- 6:00 PM: Player Housing Deep Dive
- 7:00 PM: Community Hour 2 – Contributors
- 8:00 PM: Crafting Deep Dive
- 9:00 PM: Combat Deep Dive
- 10:00 PM: Adventure Tour and AMA
Watch The Telethon on YouTube!
Warning: Telethon is Rated PG-13 for Alcoholic Content
(might get upgraded to Rated-R depending on rate of pledges)
See you on the livestream chat at Noon this coming August 22nd!
* There will be some really awesome prizes awarded during the telethon, but you have to be present in the Discord chatroom to qualify for each drawing. Please keep in mind that questions and feedback related to each segment will be given priority and really verbose questions may be skipped, as they can be a challenge to shorten and summarize live on the air. In brief… please keep your questions… brief. Only 3 Questions per person!