Fire up those kilns and ready your hammers! The Spring 2017 Crafter’s Competition has begun! This first event will be a Gear Design Contest with other events, possibly quarterly, kicking off throughout the year.
In the last contest segment we had you capture a fight with a boss monster in the game. To survive such an intensive fight, a great deal of armor and powerful weaponry must be wielded! In this follow-up contest, we want you to design the most powerful weapons and armor you can muster.
As we receive submissions, they will be announced on Twitter and Facebook with eventually a gallery of all submissions on Facebook. If we get enough of them, we may make this a regular quarterly crafting event!
GEAR SET MUST INCLUDE…
- Crafted Weapon
- Crafted Offhand Equippable if 1-Handed weapon chosen above (ex. Shield, another 1-handed weapon, etc.)
- Crafted Complete Armor Set (Helmet, Gloves, Chest, Legs, Boots)
- Cloaks and accessories optional
SHOW YOUR WORK!
To confirm your crafty crafting skills, we require a submission with the following screenshots:
- Close-up of each item showing detailed stats and the maker’s mark (you can cut/paste each of the item shots into a collage that fits within a properly sized complete image, or if you don’t know how to do this, submit them individually as a list group for easy reference)
- Distance shot of the item/itemset with UI and you shouting in chat “Spring is in the air!”
- Distance shot of the item/itemset with NO UI in a combat/action setting (make it look good with you front and center of any action and backdrop!)
- Resolution: Minimum of 1920×1080, and always in 16:9 aspect ratio (you can trim if necessary).
- Quality: Use in-game settings to their maximum, no post-screenshot alterations allowed.
WINNERS & PRIZES
All screenshots must be placed in a single response posted here. Deadline to submit is 11:59pm CT end of the day on Tuesday, March 7th. Only one submission per individual or group!
Include in your submission the following items:
- All screenshots with the requirements above
- A 200 words or less introduction of you and your crafting experience
Prizes will be awarded on a tier basis. 1st place will be awarded $100 in store credit, $50 for 2nd place, and $25 for two runner-ups. Winners will be announced at the start of the Spring Telethon on March 9th around 12:30pm CT.
Have fun crafting!
RULES & GUIDELINES
Since this is a value based contest, a committee of judges will be formed at Portalarium, and any tie breakers will be resolved by the committee. Any disputes or disagreements in the community on who ultimately won will NOT be tolerated as an open discussion in the forums, but sent a private e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone attempting to subvert the contest in any way is subject to an immediate suspension and/or disqualification from the contest.
Inappropriate/Vulgar submissions are prohibited and will also result in immediate disqualification.
Submissions containing any of the following are considered inappropriate:
- Sexual content or references
- Disparaging race/gender/group of people
- Drug/alcohol abuse
- Death/suicide of persons real or fake
- Graphical bugs
- Depicting the state of the game in a negative manner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ONE ENTRY PER PERSON, PLEASE SEE COMPLETE RULES FOR OTHER RESTRICTIONS. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.