The Release 57 Livestream is set for Friday September 7! All Avatars from around the world are welcome to join us in the livestream activities. We will be doing deep dives, answering questions, having sales, handing out prizes, and tracking towards stretch goals. In honor of the upcoming Player Made Dungeons feature the theme for this livestream is Dungeons which are previewing in Release 57 and will go live as soon as Q4!
LIVESTREAM SCHEDULE (Central Time Zone)
Monthly livestreams are on Twitch and include answers to your gameplay questions, world building tours, prize giveaways, sales on items, and more! Here is the schedule:
- 3PM: Introductions
- 3:30PM: Deep Dive 1: Player Made Dungeons
- 4:30PM: Q&A
- 5:30PM: Deep Dive 2: Fishing
- 6:30PM: Q&A
- 7PM: Ending Announcements
STRETCH GOALS (Dungeon Themed!)
As a special bonus, we are offering funding rewards to any player that makes a minimum purchase of $5 during a twelve hour window during the day of the livestream, on September 7 from 12:00 PM to 11:59 PM CDT (Sept 7 17:00 to Sept 8 05:00 UTC). In honor of the upcoming Player Made Dungeons feature the theme for this livestream is Dungeons which are previewing in Release 57 and will go live as soon as Q4!
All purchases during the twelve hour window will count towards the stretch goals, not just the four hours of the livestream! Also participation in the Rewards Program counts towards our stretch goal totals!
Please note that we have extended availability of the stretch goals to every Friday of the release for 12 hours per the new Stretch Goal Tracking Changes.
- ACHIEVED $10K: /rolldice
- ACHIEVED $25K: Flame Trap Decorations (non-harmful)
- ACHIEVED $35K: Candle Helm
- ACHIEVED $50K: Spike Trap & Arrow Trap Decorations (non-harmful)
- ACHIEVED $65K: Unique Dungeon Entrance Eternal Pattern
- $80K: Torture Set: Torture Chair, Torture Table, Rack
- $90K: Key Themed Weapon Set: Sword, Mace, Polearm
- $100K: Unique Dungeon Room Blueprint
*Please keep in mind that stretch goal rewards take time to develop and will most likely not be available until Release 60 at the earliest. We will keep you updated!
12 HOURS OF SALES:
We will be having twelve hours of sales around the livestream from 12:00 PM to 11:59 PM CDT (Sept 7 17:00 to Sept 8 05:00 UTC)! Items in the following categories will be on sale at approx. 20% off. As noted above, all purchases during this time will count towards the stretch goals!
- Viking Bundles
- Obsidian Bundles
- Kobold Bundles
- Elven Bundles
- Shogun Bundles
- Make a Difference
- Home Decorations
- Outdoor Decorations
- Lot Deeds, POT Upgrades, Homes and Basements
- Pets and Music
- Emotes and Fireworks
- Dyes, and Patterns
WIN THESE GREAT PRIZES!
- Ancient Tome Dungeon Entrance plus 50 Point Dungeon
- Magic Mirror Dungeon Entrance plus 75 Point Dungeon
- Ruined Stone Arch Dungeon Entrance plus 100 Point Dungeon
- Circle of Stones Rift Dungeon Entrance plus 125 Point Dungeon
- Shroud of the Avatar: Episode 2 Early Access + Ornate Brass Darklamp (digital)
- Row Lot Property Deed (digital) + Row Prison 5-Story Basement (digital)
- Skeleton Dungeon Prop Set: Skeletons & Dungeon Iron Cages
- Spider Dungeon Prop Set: Spider Webs & Spiders
We will be giving prizes away on an hourly basis with many being given away multiple times. Enter for a chance to win a prize by either logging into the game and typing “Roll the dice” into chat OR by purchasing any item from our store during the livestream!
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS
We will be answering questions throughout the livestream, so submit them in the comments section below or on Discord chat during the event.
Please do NOT post questions containing:
- More than 3 questions in total (post all three in a single reply)
- Bugs or other problems best posted in the bug forums
- “When is this coming” or anything related to schedule (for those answers please refer to our quarterly updates or our post release plans)
- Questions with more than a couple of sentences. Please keep them brief! We will likely understand the context of your interest, so just ask the question and we’ll be able to respond.
- For bug reports and extra idea suggestions, please use the forums for this purpose.
A Final Thought: We see a LOT of repeat questions. Please consider reviewing one of the other missed question posts, previous monthly livestreams, livestream transcripts, and/or reading our Post Episode 1 plan post before posting a question. Your question might have already been answered.
Watch @ShroudofAvatar updates throughout the day of the livestream. See you on Twitch!
The R54 Instructions included a note about the obsidian cultists getting new obsidian order gear (different from the store/telethon versions) in R55. Of course, that did in fact happen. (Hooray!) It also mentions that they will drop cultist gear as well.
1. Is it still planned that they will drop cultist gear?
2. If so, will it be salvageable for patterns? (And dyeable- at least maybe a trim color?)
3. The way it’s worded in the instructions, it seems to imply that they may only drop the cloth armor. Was that the intent, or will they drop fighter/archer gear as well? I really like the archer gear. (And though they probably won’t drop, even if archer gear does- dat quiver!!)
1. How difficult would it be to allow Lua customization to the user interface? so that instead of doing one master revision to the user interface, that takes time away from other things, users can customized or share their interfaces and take that work away from the design team to focus on other things. Can we see Lua customization in episode 2?
Q: What is the state of the map integration on Linux?
Is it possible to get a pattern or helmet for leather and cloth wearers to listen to radio like the clockwork helmet does for heavy armor wearers
Any news on Fertilisers for farming ?
Can you make fireworks more ”sellable” ?..bought like 80 boxes before they expired havnt sold a single firework .
Will bundles still be added ingame on coto vendors ?
Question 1) Will Shroud of the Avatar ever implement Non-Consensual PvP?
Question 2) Will Shroud of the Avatar ever implement a Fast Travel system equivalent to the Runebooks in Ultima Online?)
Question 3) What are the plans for Sieges and Control Points?
The abandonment of several key design features that have been constants since the Kickstarter as Quality of Life Improvements, I need some indication of what the limits of Quality of Life changes might be.
RE: Question 1) – I hope Not! (Sorry)
If they do, I am out… sorry. PVP is a deal killer for me.
I would love to have the ability to change my Avatar into a “vendor” mode where players can buy/sell things by clicking on me like an NPC vendor. I think this would encourage people to play in Open multiplayer mode instead of private/party. It would also help me fulfil my purchase orders by putting myself in high traffic areas where those materials are more abundant. What do you guys think about this idea?
I like this idea
That’s the first time I have heard that idea. +1
With the recent emphasis on quality of life – Can we please have the vendors accessible through the glass on the store front shop homes again? I’m unclear why this was changed, the old method seemed to be a brilliant way to get vendors inside shops without slowing sales to passerbys.
Yes. Please change it back….
Question for the upcoming live stream…
Can we have daily quests that reward crafting material like ore, wood, bark, etc?
Help a miller kill creatures/monsters that encroach on his/her tree farm
Help a miner kill creatures/monsters in the mine tunnels
Yes Please give us more daily & weekly quests tasks.
Q! When can I paint my pumpkins with dyes? [I consider pumpkins to be furniture.]
Q! Will you kindly stream an Episode 1 Post Mortem to share the story to new Avatars?
[Discussing the Ultimate RPG plans, Kickstarter, and how we reached this point?]
Q! Not a question. Just a thank you?
Greetings, My questions involve player progression and tier levels.
Q1 As more players level higher and higher are the scenes going to continuet o rise? What do new players do for scenes to visit?
Q2 Can there be a warning on screen or maybe another set of skulls in a scene to let players know when they have wandered in to a higher level in the scene they are in?
Q3 *Most Important* When the new lands are discovered will the new player progression still start in the old lands or will there be a new start for new players that bypasses the old lands?
One additional question can we get some dungeon deco like caskets and can we use the dungeon/torture deco we already have like manacles, hanging cages, webs and spiders in our dungeons?
(I know, three questions. But mine didn’t get answered last time, and I have more based on the new release!)
1. Blue roses are nice. Could us secret necromancers get black or dark purple too?
2. Will we be able to name our player dungeons? It would be more immersive if on examination, the tooltip said “Haunted Crypt” or “Well of Souls” instead of “67 Point Player Dungeon.”
3. Can we get less conspicuous dungeon entrances? The plain tomb is awesome, but it’d be cool if there was a book one that could be stashed amongst other books, or just a plain door to go in a basement, or a something in line with the current basement and sewer hatches.
1. When will it be possible to buy and upgrade (former bought in shop) bundles in game at the crown merchants?
1. Can we have occasional npc caravans travel between towns and cities to make the map feel more alive, and when they get near a hostile encounter it changes into a special public encounter.
2. Can we get a Chaos Gem, maybe have it require 50 of every fragment type + obsidian chips and made in the Obsidian Forge. Or have specific bosses(f.x. Cabalists) drop chaos fragments.
about point 1:
As loading times are improved,
Ardoris should also get back the gondolier and towns folk on the main entrance bridge to be more alive
Same with similar towns …
I understand that the plan is to limit each avatar to one bind point. I would ask if it would be possible to purchase travel portals – as house decorations that would allow travel to various points in the game. Travel to a city entrance, a mine entrance, a preselected player owned town entrance or even dungeon access points. I expect that at some point you will add the rune points and gate travel features to the game but until then setting up specific points of travel such as a gate that would take you to another town or pre-set location would improve down time in the game. Traveling the world as it is just takes more time than needed once a character level makes the travel impractical. With gates of travel, something dropped in pouches, with specific destinations, could be a one way trip to keep recall and travel scrolls viable, and yet allowing avatars the ability to eventually cross the world via one transition.
Ideally they could be set to a point in the world and then placed in another point (house or guild house or other location) The Gate of Travel (add location name) could be used by anyone interested in taking the trip. This would encourage vendors, town leaders and guilds to work to provide travel from a central hub. One might collect a number of travel points and provide a Rune Library for general player use.
As stated, the item could drop as loot, could be a recipe as loot, or from a vendor. Could be a craft item or could drop in tact as loot.
Some would argue that by not having travel in this form it enhances the friends and family aspect of the game. I would argue that it takes a long time to friend enough players to allow quality travel to all points of the game… this could be a way to slowly build a travel network for higher level characters…
At one point we could teleport to any of the 3 (max lots) you owned, From the lot menu. That should be easy to implement and would be very popular to revisit and maybe allow three bind points once again.
2. Could zones that are labeled by their cardinal directions be connected? Example, if you enter East Veiled Swamp, if you take the West exit you can choose to enter the West Veiled Swamp zone instead of going to the world map. Might make zones seem more connected while cutting out the overland map.
There are so many places, which could be connectd that way.
1) Any plans for dynamic maps for player dungeons?
2) Any plans for enhanced map functionality going into Episode 2? Fog of war (hide portions of map until revealed), etc.
Point 2: would be so great while exploring the lands.
It’s so important to know where we have been before, especially for new players.
Also be interesting to gain XP for exploring (each region… dungeon… city… )
And may be to reach game goals of “Exploring”
1. Allot of us have many beautiful large Statues that we received from events. The problem is many of us have limited lot space to place them. So they sit in our banks collecting dust. It would be very nice if we could display those large statues in a smaller size that would fit on a shelf or display case in our homes.
You could either implement some type of shrink action, a size selection when placing, offer two sizes for events, offer a way to trade the item in for a smaller one, or even using a COTO to morph the statue to a collectable size.
Then some people with limited space could actually benefit from all the nice statues included in the events and make us more likely to donate on those events.
Thank you for the chance to ask this question!
Yes please, I miss my cool statues I have no room for anymore!
I’d love this too!
yes would really be great
Great question/suggestions .
Way overdue as well.
1. Can we have a option to upgrade our deeds from non water lot to a water lot for POT deeds? Already bought my deeds before the new full water lot system.
2. Can we have the ability to dye our golden tux set?
1. sure – go to the add-on store
(I know, hindsight and such)
Can you please reverse the change to being able to buy from merchants through the window in storefront houses?
If not please explain the reasoning behind this change, especially given that in the real world there are entire industries that sell you things like food, drugs, coins etc. through a window.
I’d also love to know when bundles will be purchaseable with cotos. I have many subs and the cotos can’t currently be spent on anything worthwhile.
Yes please change it back!
Sorry for the multiple posts, but also: when will the remaining activated skills get their specialization bonuses? For example, there are two activated skills in the earth tree that get no bonus from specialization.
I expect this has been discussed. Will we ever be able to place more vendors on properties? Two per row would help but maybe allow for more, or perhaps the ability to buy extra vendor slots? Thanks
I would love this.
I have about 100 different Sheet Music Songs & as they are listed first in the default Vendor list, all the other goodies for sale are lost down below any Sheet Music I put on….
Q: Could Chris show us in another livestream how to use player made dungeon unity asset?
Not everyone has experience with unity. Since there are already prefabs of the room I would just need the information about placing the dungeon rooms, connecting them and make test runs.
I would love to sit in on that livestream for sure.
Yes, this would be very cool to get out to the community. It seems a lot of people are interested in the dungeons and providing as much information and tutorials on Unity assets we can use would be top-notch
Q1: Town Sieges were meant to be the adverse effect of having Devotionals. By adding the ability to just skip it, hasn’t that just broke the purpose (inconvenience) of the Town Siege itself?
Q2: What was the the purpose of making the things like the Guild Friends listing multiple lines??? No offense but it just makes it harder to read or sort out visually. And it takes up more space.
Q3: Player Dungeons look great! Looking forward to when it is full released. Would it be possible to update “demo” dungeons with different stuff so we can see in each release before the full thing is out?
2. Could you consider, that we could cure Zombies (at least in starter scenes) and may be children in other scenes with Cure Plague Potion, so we don’t have to kill them? I remember in the beginning it was told as a kind of plague … and therefor the Cure Plague Potion was created
Will there be a difference to POT place-able dungeons or can we use the pieces from what’s on sale now? If not what differences are there.
Will we be able to place dungeon entrances inside existing dungeon, so it could lead to another duneon?
Will dungeons be able to have multiple entry and exit points.
Comment: Love this idea! The start of a great system to start making our own content, just brilliant as the Aussie’s say!
3. Is there a chance for Heraldry Round and Triangle Shield Eternal Pattern???
AND Heraldry Eternal Pattern for a of Cloak not hiding the Chest Heraldry?
3. With the new water pot markers can we have a in store option to upgrade our POT deeds to have the water option?
Its been said multiple times that is was coming but when can we spend the COTOS we have to buy (Since we could not longer save store credits) to buy bundles?
1: What’s the average level of players that plays in tier 4 scenes.
2: How goes plans for regional economy.
3: Any chance friendlist will be more of a friend list and less of a teleport location.
I noticed on the Shroud there are dyeable options now, but when I tried dying it just stayed white. Is this something you guys are going to Implement soon?
Can we get another tab on our friends list., Like Friends we really talk too and not just teleport to?
+ 1 (see my question below)
Q1: A while back Chris alluded to upcoming changes to the death exp loss penalty. Can we expect to see these changes in R58 ?
QUESTION: In continuing your “Quality of Life” changes, can we stop having to talk to the Guards of some cities to open the gate. It would be so much better if we could click on the Lever like everywhere else.
Q1: Do you still plan adding affinites and celestial mechanics to crafting?
if the answer is yes then….
Q2: Any update on when this might get added?
anyways, keep up the good work.
1: Is the plan to add a new shared starting map and redesign the 3 current maps(truth,love and courage) to be story focused still planned? If so ETA?
Any plans to make owning property worth the time and/or money investment? Currently little reason exists outside cosmetic purposes for owning anything larger than a village.
UI IMPROVEMENTS –
1/ With the introduction of Additional Character Slots on the Store, we now inherit many names we never added… (which of course helps with Teleporting)
Can we please be able to filter our Social List, to separate Friends we talk to or Group with from Teleport partners?
2/ Could we PLEASE have movable health bars soon? As a part time Healer, it would be less stressful to have them where it works best for me. After all, Group Members Lives are in my Hands!
3/ Please consider making the targeting area a rectangle/square shape, rather than the current circle.
My garden plots are rectangular not circles.
So often I miss targeting a sowing or watering a spot & I must do a singular spot.
Often next to impossible to find a missed watering when growing cotton plants!
1. Can you share any information about the marketing audit?
2. Should telethon/livestream reward emotes be teachable?
Are you planning to spend time moving the unity ecs/job system?
1) Now that we have dyeable furniture, can we get dyeable heavy armor?
1. Will we be able to make a custom dungeon then create and sell blueprints for it?