Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Cooks and butchers rejoice! The talented crafters of Shroud of the Avatar will notice some splendid changes to their butchering endeavors. Also, for those salvaging artifacts, expect some more Ancient Essences and Patterns to come your way! And for all those Avatars out there that have collected maps from the original map system, get those over to your crafting tables! For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Butchery Update!
- Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
- Artifact Salvage Improvements!
- Crafted Bone Pile Decorations!
- Crafted Framed Maps Incoming!
- Jenn Gilbert Memorial Fund
- New Store Additions: Conversationalists & Seasonal Items!
- New Vault Round!
- November Login Reward: Autumn Leaf Pavers!
- Release 84 Rewards Program Login Items: Lord British and Holiday Themed!
- World & UI Changes
- Crafting & Economy Changes
- Combat Balance & Changes
- Updated Player-Owned Towns
- Bug Fixes
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams
- Streaming Reward Program
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Community Event: Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney
- Community Event: Defectors & Curses RP Storyline
- Community Event: Mad Splatter Tea Party
- Community Event: Island of Wonders Monthly Fishing Contest
- Community Event: Decoration Techniques by Wilfred
- Community Event: Friendsgiving 2020
- Community Event: SotA Tales Episode 1
- Community Event: Crafters Town Shopping Spree
- Community Event: Beran’s Reach Auction
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Shadow of Valhalla
- Project to Support: Jar Wars
- Project to Support: Dragonfight
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Butchers and cooks of New Britannia can now enjoy some very helpful Quality of Life (QOL) improvements to their craft! Here are some of the amazing updates which will improve the overall experience related to Butchering:
- Process animal recipes have all been added to the game and all old meat recipes have been removed.
- Process recipe icons now display the associated animal instead of the same meat icon previously used.
- These new recipes are known by default, but still feature skill level requirements.
These changes will set up Butchery to take full advantage of crafting updates soon to arrive. Keep on the lookout for more crafting QOL improvements just on the horizon!
Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
The weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, November 20th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other members of the development team for a community 1 hour livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “Autumn Leaves and Pumpkins Please” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM CT!
Artifact Salvage Improvements!
Players of Shroud of the Avatar can now take their artifacts to their associated crafting stations for salvage and receive a far better result! Not only will salvaged artifacts now yield Ancient Essences in an amount relative to their tier, but a small handful of artifacts now yield a pattern which can be applied to your equipment to alter its appearance! Artifacts will break down into essences in the following fashion:
- Common: 1
- Uncommon: 1
- Rare: 2
- Legendary: 4
- Epic: 8
As more and more Ancient Essences enter into the world as a result of these changes, players can expect additional uses for these items in upcoming crafting recipes. And for polearm, dagger and bow users, check out these new patterns available! When these artifacts are salvaged, they have a 100% chance to provide a pattern:
- Halberd of the Sun (Polearm)
- Shard of Night (Dagger)
- Xen Penetrator (Long Bow)
It has been brought to our attention that the Halberd of the Sun looks too similar to another artifact. In the future, expect some slight modifications to it to give it an even more unique look which will vary more greatly from the Vile version of the model. Players can expect a large variety of artifact updates coming soon, to include additional patterns, new appearances for a variety of artifacts, and the ability to apply patterns TO artifacts. Stay tuned!
Crafted Bone Pile Decorations!Ready your weapons! Slay your fellow community members! Loot their skulls, hands and jawbones! Craft with their body parts! Previously, players engaging in PvP or acquiring body parts from other players by other means, could apply these PvP trophies to various recipes such as the Skull Goblet, Bone Windchimes, and the Skull Candle. Now three additional recipes have been added which will provide more bone variations to scatter around your dungeons, homes, and basements! Recipes for the following items were added:
- Bone Pile 1
- Bone Pile 2
- Bone Pile 3
If you wish to send a shiver down the spines of your guests, be sure to stack them high! These bone piles can be stacked on top of each other, and their recipes are available from the decoration merchant in Xenos above the bank. To accompany these new bone pile craftable decorations, on January 1st, a Skull Pile will be added to the Crown Store! Happy bone collecting, Avatars!
Crafted Framed Maps Incoming!
Originally, Shroud of the Avatar featured a map system which was accessible by using map type inventory items obtained through loot and merchant transactions. Now, developers are hard at work converting these maps into player placeable decorations! Not only will all these maps have a decoration version, but each map will have its own crafting recipes which will drop in mysterious and deadly locations throughout the game. The first two of these new recipes should arrive in-game upon the first patch after Release, and others will be soon to follow in the weeks ahead.
Soon to Arrive:
- Recipe: Framed Map of Ardoris (Fauns)
- Recipe: Framed Map of Kingsroad (Daemons)
- Recipe: Framed Map of Braemar
- Recipe: Framed Map of Deep Ravenswood
- Recipe: Framed Map of Graff Gem Mines Entrance
- Recipe: Framed Map of Grunvald Shardfall
- Recipe: Framed Map of Kingsport
- Recipe: Framed Map of Mysterious Swamp
- Recipe: Framed Map of Northmarsh
- Recipe: Framed Map of North Ravenswood
- Recipe: Framed Map of North Valeway
- Recipe: Framed Map of Ruined Keep
- Recipe: Framed Map of Owl’s Head
- Recipe: Framed Map of Ravensmoor
- Recipe: Framed Map of Ruins of Ravensmoor
- Recipe: Framed Worn Map of Ruins of Ravensmoor
- Recipe: Framed Map of Solace Bridge
- Recipe: Framed Map of Soltown
- Recipe: Framed Map of Southmarsh
- Recipe: Framed Map of South Ravenswood
- Recipe: Framed Map of South Valeway
- Recipe: Framed Map of Veiled Swamp
- Recipe: Framed Map of Vertas Pass
- Recipe: Framed Map of West Ravenswood
- Recipe: Framed Map of Wynton’s Folly
- Recipe: Framed Map of Wyrmsands
As these map recipes continue to patch into the game, adventurers will start noticing them in loot throughout all of New Britannia, each dropping from a particular creature or in a particular location. Some will be harder to find than others, but ultimately, players will have approximately 26 map recipes to find as they explore the world. Collect them all!