Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Release 111 goes live February 23rd at 10:30 AM CST.
Welcome! The Catnip Games development team marks this monthly release of Shroud of the Avatar with new content and improvements. For Release 111 (R111), we offer wildlife: fish to find and keep in fishtanks and new Brigade bugs to collect.
Please note that the incremental client patch going from build 1633 to 1635 may not apply correctly on Windows clients. This is a known issue. If this occurs, the game client will apply the core patch from 0 to 1635. We will publish the patch as soon as possible after R110’s closing so players may begin downloading and applying the update immediately.
For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Player Guide and Known Issues for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes.
- Go Fish and Catch a New Friend!
- New Bug Brigade Rewards
- Release 111 Patch Notes
- Latest News and Q&A February Livestream
- Sales and Bonus Events
- Release 111 Subscriber Login Rewards
- March Login Rewards
- Crown Store Updates
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Streamer Program
- Upcoming Release Dates
- Community Events & Resources
- Project to Support: Avatar Relics
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Embers Adrift
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Go Fish and Catch a New Friend!
Devilcult has created a set of fish tanks that can house several species of new pet fish which Sannio has scattered throughout New Britannia. A craftable fish bowl is a magical watery habitat perfect for one fish and three larger tanks in the Crown Store can each host multiple fish as well as one of a pair of decorative accessories to give them an appealing underwater world. More tanks, accessories, and fish are planned for future releases!
New Bug Brigade Rewards
Ravalox has created a set of new rewards for the Bug Brigade which, together with this month’s new subscription reward item, will allow delivery of rewards to those who’d blown through all the previously-scheduled ones. These plaque-mounted insects are of a size to scare off any of their more-lively cousins! Each can be placed on horizontal or vertical surfaces seperately or in an upcoming display case.
Release 111 Patch Notes
Below are a list of the updates that are live as of Release 111 in the game of Shroud of the Avatar! R111 is a polish month, but the fish just wouldn’t wait any more! Polish, additional improvements, and bug fixes are inbound for R112 next month. We hope you enjoy the changes that are live today as of Release 111!
Reward Program Changes:
- The long-awaited fix for the dye 12-packs (one every six months) and quarterly subscriber titles has been completed. With Release 111, we will be delivering all overdue rewards to subscribers. Players who have accumulated more than 30 months of subscription up to this point should receive all missing titles and dye rewards to match their current count of subscribed months as documented on their account upon their next login after the reward fix is deployed.
Crafting, Decoration, & Inventory Item Changes:
- The recipe for a new crafted fish bowl can now be found on a familiar travelling merchant along the Perennial Coast and on a pair of new ones in the snowy areas of Mistrendur and in a new encounter scene in the Hidden Vale.
- Slightly increased the chances that an Ancient Gold Necklace can be found from fishing. SOTA-71087
- Gustballs can now be placed as POT deco. SOTA-71143
- Fixed two letters from Penmawr Island that were pointing to the wrong content when placed as decorations. SOTA-70690
- The “Krampus’ List: Naughty Boys and Girls” quest item now can be destroyed by avatars. SOTA-71090
- Removed the mesh collider on the Castle Atos Teleporter and replaced with box colliders to improve placement performance. SOTA-70417
Combat & Skill Changes:
- Cuthbert’s Bane and Bogman Club weapons will now give 10% and 15% Melee damage against undead respectively.
- The obsidian blade component was 200% damage vs obsidian creatures and is now 10% damage vs obsidian creatures. This damage multiplier was not working and has been fixed. Obsidian weapons affect creatures that are made of obsidian (golems) OR have been corrupted by exposure to obsidian, such as many animals and the rare obsidian lich.
- Descriptions for these weapons and components previously said “Damage vs X” and have been corrected to “Melee Damage vs X”.
- Casting speed effects such as chaotic feedback won’t affect bard skill charging times anymore. This was previously giving weird results: sometimes faster or slower on certain bard skills and also creating a division by zero error. (Casting speed of the bard skill still remains in effect with it.)
- Atonal Aria: Slightly reduced the duration, cooldown, and critical damage debuff. Increased charging speed.
- Concussive Canticle: Increased charging speed.
- Mesmerizing Melody: Charge speed will now be faster depending on bard level. Duration has been reduced and cool-down increased. Added “chance and duration” instead of just “duration” in the tooltip.
- Savage Sonata: Decreased the weapon critical damage modifier a little. Increased charging speed.
- Blind: Fixed description to better reflect what it is actually doing.
- Gust: Changed “with” to “will” on tooltip.
- Pull: Changed the tooltip’s mention of dodge to damage avoidance.
User Interface, Store Information, & Lua Changes:
- Temporary destinations on the compass marked from lot and vendor list interfaces will be now be light red.
- Added icons to craftable house in recipe book.
- Changed the slot named “Cloak” on the character sheet to “Back” to accomodate all the types of items a player can wear in that slot.
- Fixed a tooltip showing an overly-large icon for homes.
World and Quest Changes:
- Seasonal Monsters: The Envy Angel will go dormant and the Arch Lapin will return on March 16th.
- Added fishtank fish to [REDACTED]. SOTA-71065
- Fishing merchant titles have been standardized and there are now two types: Decorative Fish Merchant and Fishing Supplies Merchant. Fishing merchants in some scenes have had their inventories altered to limit redundancy. SOTA-70669, SOTA-70491
- Control Points: Corrected an issue where Mages of Mystery asked for an amount of gold to cross the scene that didn’t match what was taken. SOTA-71117
- Novia: Added a discovery marker on the map for the “Kobold Expeditionary Camp.” SOTA-66452
- Desert Encounter: Fixed an issue where some wave battles used by this template were inappropriately resetting after a successful conclusion. SOTA-69712
- Seasonal Monsters: The appearance of all aether creatures is now managed by the TimedEvents script. SOTA-69804
- Seasonal Monsters: The appearances of the Luminous Atavist and Krampus are now managed by the TimedEvents script.
- Ardoris: Removed the line-of-sight conversation limitation from Fletcher Laoric. SOTA-71116
- Ardoris: The quest-related paintings on the walls of Caravaggios Wolf’s shop now have proper tooltips. SOTA-71135
- Artifice: Fixed a typo in the conversation of Kiakis. SOTA-71119
- Blackblade Foothills: Moved a pickaxe from a breakable barrel to an unbreakable one. Reduced the distance that allowed someone to use a specific ladder. SOTA-71104, SOTA-71105
- The Breach: Increased the chances of the Blackened Clockwork Dragon, K’kong shock monkey, and Dolorast Vrul daemon appearing in their same locations, while still keeping all three extremely rare.
- Brittany Alleys: Added numerous props to anti-theft protection. The Town Criers no longer mention a specific gold amount when awarding gold for visiting them for the first time. SOTA-71120, SOTA-71121
- Brittany Alleys: Fixed several path grid and collider issues in the vicinity of the docks. SOTA-71107
- Broken Echoes Silver Mine: Updated the “cold barrier” FX and it now uses the door script. Updated the VFX used by the Kugelgeist. SOTA-60236
- Castle Atos: NPC “Visitors” within these scene no longer claim to live there when asked about their “job.”
- Castle Atos: Removed the nonfunctional public cache chest.
- Celestis: Removed a small section of water from sight that wasn’t meant to be visible. Moved a floating tree to a nearby flat area. Fixed a stuck spot. SOTA-71099, SOTA-71100
- The Epitaph: Updated the loot used offered by a treasure chest that was sometimes empty. SOTA-71108
- Graff Gem Mines Entrance: Updated the compass marker display text for the exit to Novia, now simply “Exit.” SOTA-71139
- Graff Gem Mines: Moved a lantern to the top of an indestructible crate. SOTA-71097
- Highvale Outskirts: The woodsman’s property is now fully covered by anti-theft protection. SOTA-71048
- Highvale Outskirts: Fixed a logic issue that caused Horatio the Guard to indicate he had a quest when he didn’t. SOTA-71096
- Highvale Outskirts: Milton’s official title is now Crafting Merchant, to match his wares.
- Midras Ruins: Fixed a stuck spot.
- Necropolis Barrens: Added an ankh within the Envy Angel’s house. SOTA-71114
- Resolute Sewers: Added an extra room off the Cisterns (“spider room”) and moved some spiders to that new area. SOTA-71092
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Lady Langston no longer sweeps in her area. SOTA-71089
- Soltown: Improved the logic which removes the “Find Ashton’s Keepsake” from the task list and compass.
- Soltown: Improved the logic which controls if the player can loot the Silver Necklace quest item. SOTA-71085
- South Boundless Forest: Updated the stone archway where boiling water is dropped to better allow barbarian access. SOTA-71109
- South Majestic Forest: Fixed an issue where handing Preben the shoemaker an ingot as a conversation choice would also pop up a trade window. SOTA-71095
- Spectral Mines: When the Arch Lapin becomes active, it will now have a chance to spawn in one of two large caves. Also, the Arch Lapin’s activity is now managed by the “TimedEvents” script. SOTA-71093
- Spectral Peaks: Slightly improved the spawning rate for Obsidian Lions. SOTA-71137
- Spite: Added decorations near a gap in the palisade and a bridge over a palisade gate. Applied anti-theft protection to most props in the scene. Changed one of the fish merchants to be a Fishing Supplies Merchant. SOTA-71142, SOTA-71138, SOTA-71141
- Tartarus: All chests in the barracks should now have at least one item inside. SOTA-71115
- Vikland: Avatars should only get the non-daemon “buried treasure” instructions after completing the initial daemon treasure hunt. SOTA-71047
- Vikland: Fixed typos in Hagen’s responses regarding Erica. SOTA-71144
- Vikland: The kobold-themed treasure hunt instructions no longer include golem-themed directions. SOTA-71132
- Xenos: Fixed a typo in the conversation of Notus. SOTA-71118
- Yew: Added collision to roof of elevator. Fixed a stuck spot. SOTA-71103, SOTA-71102
Player-Owned Town Changes:
- POT Mountain Template: Fixed a floating collection of rocks by moving to the ground. SOTA-71098
Player Dungeon Changes:
- Fix for the player-created ‘void farms’ for player lots, dungeons, and basements.
- Adjusted some placement colliders on certain dungeon pieces (The Rise Library, Duke Throne Room, Challenge Dungeon 1,2, and 3; and Ravensmoor Lich room)
- Corrected the name of the Green Marble Dungeon Room 16×16 1 Entrance blueprint. SOTA-68135
Latest News and Q&A February Livestream
The post-release Community Livestream is Friday, February 24th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other members of the development team for a 1-hour community livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “Winter begone!” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website Add-On Store.
Please submit questions using in-game universal chat by typing “askadev” before your question. We’ll do our best to answer these questions live on the stream. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4PM CT!
Atos and other members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team stream on twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar — be sure to get the channel on follow for notifications so you can join us right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel. Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at all our social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/shroudoftheavatar
Sales and Bonus Events
Sales are committed to start at noon on the day we publish (due to requiring server deploy and/or client patch). Player Owned Town COTO Upgrade requests for the sale that come in a little earlier can be honored, of course. Sales end at the end of the calendar day New Britannia Time (Central Time) unless a required deploy or client patch fails to successfully publish in time, in which case the sales will end when the next patch is published.
These sales and bonuses will be in place March 16th through the 21st:
- Double XP
- Crown Store Sales 30% off
- Deed Upgrades 20% off
- Crowns of the Obsidians 20% off
- POT Upgrades via COTOs 20% off
(Contact support to initiate a POT upgrade and pay with COTOs)
Release 111 Subscriber Login Rewards
Make and keep new friends besides fish this Spring: the Rewards Program login items for Release 111 are a Giant Swallowtail Butterfly Decoration Pet and a Green Rock Staff with which to defend it!
Subscribers to the Rewards Program must log in during Release 111 to receive these special login items.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items! For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (about 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- 21 Months: Keeper of the Bond
- 24 Months: Keeper of the Promise
- 27 Months: Keeper of the Covenant
- 30 Months: Keeper of Countless Devotions
- 33 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Three Corpions
- 36 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Six Serpents
- 39 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Nine Tulips
- 42 Months: Keeper of Forty-Two Roses
- 45 Months: Keeper of Forty-Five Lilies
- 48 Months: Keeper of Forty-Eight Daisies
- 51 Months: Keeper of Fifty-One Staves
- 54 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Four Daggers
- 57 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Seven Arrows
- 60 Months: Keeper of Sixty Swords
- 63 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Three Coins
- 66 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Six Gems
- 69 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Nine Jewels
- 72 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Two Goblets
- 75 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Five Rings
- 78 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Eight Amulets
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of these 7 Obsidian Potions every month:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
- Potion of Stamina: Decreases focus use from sprinting
- While subscribed to the rewards program, players also receive these special bonuses:
- Obsidian Potions are significantly more powerful!
- 24 Additional Deck Slots!
March Login Reward
Something’s lurking among the greenery: each account that logs in during the month of March will receive a one-time gift of a Garden Leprechaun!
Crown Store Updates
New in the crown store for February 23rd:
- Tabletop Fish Tank
- Large Circular Fish Tank
- Large Rectangle Fish Tank
- Seaweed Fish Tank Accessory
- Coral Fish Tank Accessory
…and for March 10th:
- Giant Swallowtail Butterfly Decoration Pet
- Green Rock Staff
The Valentine’s Day store items are still available through Monday March 6th:
List of Valentine’s Day items:
- 2016 Cupid Ensemble
- 2016 Cupid Heart Cloak
- 2016 Valentine Hearts Cloak
- Blank Valentine’s Day 2016 Card 5-Pack
- Blank Valentine’s Day 2017 Card 5-Pack
- Blank Valentine’s Day 2019 Card 5-Pack
- Breathe Hearts Emote
- Double Smoke Heart Emote
- Heart Hot Tub
- Heart Top Hat
- Heart-Shaped Footstool
- Heart-Shaped Spear
- Smoke Heart Emote
- Triple Smoke Heart Emote
- Valentine’s Day Gift Boxes 2017 3-Pack
- Valentine’s Day Gift Boxes 2018 3-Pack
- Valentine’s Day Gift Boxes 2019 3-Pack
Although there are not currently enough items to make a whole new category for them, a few St. Patrick’s Day items (some of which were previously hidden in the vault) can be currently found in other categories (Wearables and Outdoor Decorations) until Monday May 1st:
List of St. Patrick’s Day items:
- Garden Leprechaun
- Leprechaun Bowler Hat 2-Pack
- Leprechaun Hat
- Pot o’ Gold
To celebrate his birthday, the Darkstarr Rares store items will be available from Monday February 27th until Monday May 29th:
List of Darkstarr items:
- Darkstarr Basement Entrance Eternal Pattern
- Darkstarr Chaos Throne
- Darkstarr Chaos Throne (Reverse Colors)
- Darkstarr Clock Tower
- Darkstarr Clock Tower (Reverse Colors)
- Darkstarr Fur Collared Cloak
- Darkstarr Pavers
- Darkstarr Shield
- Darkstarr Shield Pattern Pack
- Lord British vs Darkstarr Battle Banner
- Mosh Emote
The Spring Equinox store items will be available from Friday March 24th until Friday May 5th:
List of Spring Equinox items:
- Bunny Ears & Slippers Set
- Decorative Dyeable Egg Pack
- Flower Crown
- Lepus Mask 2017
- Lepus Mask 2018
- Silver & Gold Lepus Mask
- White Lepus Mask
- Rabbit Tailed Bodice Ensemble
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2016
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2017
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2018
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2019
- Spring Fountain w/ Floating Candles
Bug Brigade & Testing Directives!
The Bug Brigade was established to improve how the community and the development team work together to improve the game. Since the Brigade’s inception, the program has gone through a number of changes and was eventually placed on hold. The stability of the game is as important to the development team as it is to the players, therefore the program was revamped and was relaunched.
The Brigade has been up and running and the volunteers (Alley Oop, Echondas, Flair Minamoto, and Justyn) are in a good rhythm for verifying and submitting bugs to the developers. If you have reported a bug that has not yet been addressed, please be patient while the backlog is being worked. The Brigade is working diligently to clean up the backlog of bug reports posted by players on the forums.
Every month, a considerable amount of development time will be spent working many of the verified bugs which have been submitted to the team by the Bug Brigade. This focused effort on bug fixes would not be possible without the recent efforts of the Bug Brigade. Please take the time to thank these bug hunting aficionados when you encounter them in your travels!
In turn, the development team would like to express a big thank you to the Bug Hunters! These community members are doing a fantastic job bringing so many bug reports to the team, and they’re doing it in a way which makes the process smooth and efficient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much improvement has been noticed by the development team and we’re so very excited to see the program’s continued success!
The development team would also like to thank all of those who take time to participate in QA Testing Directives. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, many issues and bugs can be identified and fixed prior to content going to the Live Server! Keep up the great work! For those that wish to participate in future bug hunting endeavors, please check the forums regularly for upcoming QA Testing Directives.
Don’t forget, the Bug Brigade is open to all players in good standing and bug rewards are SWEET! They will be awarded on a monthly progression basis with only minimal requirements to qualify. The available rewards to receive in progression via qualifying participation are as follows:
- Antennae Head Gear and Forum Title 1: “Bug Hunter”
- Single Ant Cloak
- Lady Bug Backpack
- Bug Painting A and In-Game Title 2: “Associate of Aphids”
- Ant Farm
- Insect Leg Table
- Many Ants Cloak and In-Game Title 3: “Bachelor of Beetles”
- Bug Painting B
- Bug Sprayer and /bugspray Emote
- Bug Painting C and In-Game Title 4: “Master of Moths”
- Butterfly Chair
- Corpion Chair (Pictured Below)
- Yellow Fireflies VFX and In-Game Title 5: “Doctor of Dragonflies”
- Hacked Oracle Flyer
- Giant Blue Butterfly Pet
- Butterfly Mask
- Dragonfly pet
- Fairy Wings
- Monarch Butterfly Pet
- Dragonfly Wings
- Hacked Oracle Crawler
- Blue Butterfly VFX
- Orange Fireflies VFX
- Orange Butterfly VFX
- Autumn Fairy Wings
- Green Fireflies VFX
- Landing Flies 3-pack
- Blue Fireflies
- Mounted Ladybug Specimen
- Mounted Rhinoceros Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Firebug Specimen
- Mounted Diving Bug Specimen
- Mounted Asian Ladybug Specimen
- Swallowtail Butterfly Pet
- Mounted Potato Beetle
- Silver Bug Sprayer
- Mounted Dung Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Hissing Cockroach Specimen
- Mounted Maybug Specimen
- Mounted Stag Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Flower Beetle Specimen
If you’ve come to think of Shroud of the Avatar as your home, sign up and help make New Britannia a better place to live! To learn more about joining the Bug Brigade, please read the announcement thread by Ravalox in the main Bug/Feedback forums.
Streamers of Shroud of the Avatar can participate in a program to showcase the game and be rewarded for their efforts. Any Streamer who wishes to be included in the Streamer Program can contact Laney via in-game mail with their Character Name and Twitch Channel information. If you have already signed up for the program in the past, fear not: you’re on the list and you don’t need to reapply.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must adhere to our Terms of Service (TOS) and Community Rules while Streaming Shroud of the Avatar.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must stream at least 10 hours of Shroud of the Avatar ACTIVE game play to remain in the program with reward accrual.
Streamers will receive a one-time digital reward of in-game items after meeting the program’s requirements: Streamer’s Cloak, Streamer’s Camera, and the LIVESTREAMING title.
- To qualify for Streamer Rewards, each streamer must continue to meet the minimum requirements for 60 days after application.
- To accrue additional rewards, Streamers must stream SotA a minimum of 10 hours per month, tallied on the 1st day of each month, to remain in the program.
Monthly Streamer Bundles:
On the 1st of each month, qualifying streamers will be eligible to receive 50 Streamer Bundles. Bundles will be sent out to Streamers via in-game mail.
A few things you need to know:
- Streamer Bundles are intended to be given away to stream viewers, not consumed by the streamer.
- Streamers are not allowed to put paywalls in place for the Streamer Bundles. (For example, giving away Streamer Bundles once the stream reaches a certain number of bits, subscriptions, or donations).
Other Items of Note:
- Streamers in the program will be included in the SotAbot StreamPop function, appearing in the player-streaming channel in Discord.
- An optional “Streamers Kit” is available to the participating streamers as well as all players of Shroud of the Avatar, which includes graphics, overlays and other material.
- Streamers must be actively playing the game during their streams. Being away from the keyboard (AFK) for short periods is acceptable. If Twitch indicates the streamer is playing SotA but they are streaming other content or a timeout/login screen, they risk being removed from the program.
Upcoming Release Dates
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums. The upcoming 2023 Release Schedule is as follows:
- This Release 111 – February 23 (Polish)
- Release 112 – March 30 (Polish)
- Release 113 – April 27 (Content)
- Release 114 – May 25 (Polish)
- Release 115 – June 29 (Polish)
- Release 116 – July 27 (Content)
- Release 117 – August 31 (Polish)
Community Events & Resources
Greetings event holders and event attendees! So many fun and exciting events are available in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to get out there and participate, make some new friends, perhaps make some great emote, recipe, or gear trades, or get some adventuring and role-playing into your mix! Here are spotlighted events or updated community resources that we’ve noticed popping up lately on the official forums.
- Monthly Release Fishing Contests: This will be a rotating, multi-location contest sponsored and organised by Rajazel, The Town Museum and its Governor Diablotine.
- Trash to Treasure Dropped Items Turn-In: Some unscrupulous fella has been flooding all of New Britannia with junk: Headdresses, Wings, Backpacks, assorted miscellany of every sort. It’s time to clean this trash up and so a bounty has been placed on all gear crafted by Coswald Dirthmire that is turned in each contest period!
- Lightbringer Isle Fishing Contest: Why not earn some extra prizes each month and participate in Lightbringer Isle’s monthly fishing tourney? Lots of fantastic prizes — don’t miss out!
- 500 Crown Leisurely Fishing: Sonja Solar and friends are running a continuous fishing contest in Brittany Fort “Now and Forever for All Eternity” which has wonderful prizes and objectives. You can now win 500 Crowns for record fishies caught in Brittany Fort by anybody at any time in history for display in Sonja Solar’s fishy aquarium museum. Be sure to watch the video indicated in the “Brittany Fort” link provided in the first post to see the full explanation of the contest rules.
- Lightbringer Isle Auction: Lightbringer Isle hosts a monthly auction held the Sunday after release at 11AM CT!
- Avatars-Virtue Radio Calendar: Just when are all those talented DJ’s and streamers broadcasting? Don’t just guess, check out there very helpful calendar! Never again will you wonder when’s the best time to tune in!
- NBNN Calendar: This calendar provides a great schedule for NBNN and WRFB programing as well as many other community events. If you’re a fan of the Laz & Jack show or even if you’re hoping to catch them in action for the first time, this is the calendar for you!
- SotA Event Calendar: Event participants, take heed! Thoryk Omara has done a wondrous job creating a community event calendar which is available to all players of Shroud of the Avatar. Please make an effort to support this new calendar. The more resources players have at their disposable for event notifications, the better!
Community Event Resources: Here are some fantastic resources for tracking down community events or posting your own events. Become involved! Create! Explore! Make friends! But most of all, have fun!
- One-Time Community Events Forum: Sometimes events happen only a single time, so you’ll not want to miss out on these events as they occur. Check out the forums routinely to spot these!
- Recurring Community Events Forum: Some events occur on weekly or monthly schedules which are a great way to routinely meet up with friends and to make new ones. Be sure to check this forum frequently for new events or time changes to existing ones.
- Game Master (GM) Potion Request Procedures: Shroud of the Avatar has an amazing in-game consumable for player event holders — the Potion of Temporary GM Powers! Players wishing to enhance their in-game community event by having GM Powers at their disposal need to simply follow the procedures outlined in this forum thread.
- Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests: Would you like to request a special trophy or renamed item for a player event you’ve created? Head on over to this thread to see what’s available and to obtain more information about request procedures.
- Player Radio Station Forum: If you want to check out the latest and greatest from our in-game radio stations, go to the radio stations forum! If you’re a DJ, be sure to advertise your time slot and venue in this forum.
- Player Livestreams & Videos Forum: If you’re searching for a Shroud Streamer to watch, head on over to the streamer forum! If you are a live streamer for Shroud of the Avatar, be sure to advertise your Shroud stream by posting in this forum.
- Town Directory Forum: Want to find a town to live in or get your town listed in the directory, head over to the forums and check it out!
- Guild Directory Forum: Looking for a guild or want to get yours posted in the guild directory? Head on over to the forums and check it out!
- Fire Lotus Tavern: This wondrous role-playing and story writing forum is the spot to be if you love fan fiction and role-play.
- Community Resources: Looking for links to community and official resources for Shroud of the Avatar? Well look no further. On this page you’ll find links to a plethora of helpful resources created by the dev team or the community.
SO many options to stay tuned-in with fellow community members. Please take advantage of all these wonderful options. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Project to Support: Avatar Relics
Community member Shawn Butts has opened a Shroud of the Avatar merchandise store with Catnip Games’ approval. Visit for pins, mugs, shirts, posters, and more here.
Project to Support: Shard RPG
Shard Studios invites you to enter the fantastic world Dárdünah, the vast shard of a shattered realm, as presented in the colorful pages of the SHARD RPG! Many years in the making, this system allows players to choose from a wide variety of animal people who are the main cast of the many adventures this otherworldly setting offers. Skyships glide through shimmering clouds past majestic crystal peaks. Giant insects prowl alien jungles or lurk in the sparkling emerald seas. Warriors with blades of diamond and amber duel across crimson sands. And mystics chant in shadowy chambers as their spirits wander abroad.
- Intro Sheet: For a quick glimpse into the world of Dárdünah, be sure to download the intro pdf! It’s packed with great information and features beautiful artwork, not unlike the artwork found throughout the many pages of this gaming system’s gorgeously designed manuals.
- Core System Manuals: It’s easier than ever to delve into Dárdünah, World of the False Dawn, with the Basic Compendium and the Magic and Martial Arts books! They contain everything you need to begin your adventures, and include instructions for the ritual magic and martial arts combat systems. These manuals also include 90 new Animal Templates upon which to base your character!
- Other Shard RPG Products: So many more manuals and gaming materials are available! Everything an avid tabletop role-player and game master needs to delve into the world of Dárdünah!
So if you’re ready to experience a gaming world like no other, check out what Shard Studios has created for tabletop role-players on the Shard RPG official website! You’ll most certainly be immersed and amazed by the offerings of the Shard RPG!
Project to Support: Embers Adrift!
Help support one of our team members’ other projects, Embers Adrift! They officially launched September 30. Check out their official trailer here.
Project to Support: Avatar Express
[Forum post by Vladamir Begemot]
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no commitment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immediate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources: Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.