Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Release 112 goes live March 30th at 10:30 AM CDT.
Welcome! The Catnip Games development team marks this monthly release of Shroud of the Avatar with new content and improvements. For Release 112 (R112), we offer a preview of Port Harmony, where is not appropriate to throw eggs at your friends.
For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Player Guide and Known Issues for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes.
- Sneak Preview: Port Harmony
- Release 112 Patch Notes
- Latest News and Q&A March Livestream
- Release 112 Subscriber Login Rewards
- April Login Rewards
- Crown Store Updates
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Streamer Program
- Upcoming Release Dates
- Community Events & Resources
- Project to Support: Avatar Relics
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Embers Adrift
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Sneak Preview: Port Harmony
Port Harmony is not yet open to Outlanders, but Sannio has provided a few preview images.
Release 112 Patch Notes
Below are a list of the updates that are live as of Release 112 in the game of Shroud of the Avatar! R112 is a polish month. Content, additional improvements, and bug fixes are inbound for R113 next month. We hope you enjoy the changes that are live today as of Release 112!
Crafting, Decoration, & Inventory Item Changes:
- Four new rustic cabinet recipes can be found at deco merchants in the Verdantis region: Large Rustic Cabinet, Tall Rustic Cabinet, Small Rustic Cabinet, and Short Rustic Cabinet. SOTA-70597
- The Garden Shed is now placeable on POT Land by a Governor or Steward. SOTA-71190
- Baby Dragon Conversationalists are now no longer unable to move. (If set to patrol, they slide now. A proper walking animation will be added in a future patch.)
- Fixed the materials used by the lid of the Nautical Basement Entrance to be metal instead of wood. SOTA-69651
- Adjusted max size of the Bug Brigade cloaks and new Bug Rewards. SOTA-70902
- Fixed ankle skin color for both brown and white bunny slippers. SOTA-71208
- Fixed the height of planting areas and cherry blossom pavers to be a little bit higher to stop the Z-fighting glitch and possibly fix the area farming skills with the planting area.
- The descriptions of ephemeral pet equipment mention that the items cannot be repaired, but users could drop a repair kit on them to repair. This has been fixed and these kinds of items won’t be repairable anymore.
- Basement colliders have been tightened to avoid void farms.
- Pets should no longer clone themselves when placed on a rug/paver that is then moved. SOTA-68075
- Conversationalist Barbarian Fighter Male 1 has his head back. SOTA-70131
- Fixed rotation of moondial when a player interacts with it.
- Adjusted Air and Water Elemental visuals.
Combat & Skill Changes:
- Confetti eggs, snowballs, and cupid bows can now be thrown/fired at all players and at neutral and hostile NPCs. (A cupid bow will only use the manual attack; autoattack must be toggled off.)
- Made cupid bow FX bigger so we can see the hearts a little more. Now you can also shoot an arrow of love at your favorite (summoned) pet!
- Fixed a bug with the harvesting animation scythe for female characters that broke the client. SOTA-70910
- Chaotic clone will no longer show all tools and instruments equipped. SOTA-69035
- Fixed the wild cats’ nameplate being offset when knocked down. SOTA-70053
User Interface, Store Information, & Lua Changes:
- Right-clicking on a placed decoration pet or conversationalist now provides a menu with options for Pick up NPC, Stay here, and Patrol. These options will only be seen by the person who placed it on the lot so as to avoid conflict with the lot owner or other co-owners; lot owners will see Send to player’s bank instead. Clicking “Stay here” and “Patrol” should now make the pet stay here or go wandering around, even if the lot owner is not present. Deco pets can now only be renamed from within inventory or when summoned as a personal pet instead of placed. SOTA-66464
- All deco pets, including conversationalists, will now have nameplates even if the lot owner is not present. The second line with the name of the lot owner has been removed. SOTA-66785
- New journal entries will be shown after the conversation. SOTA-71149
- Fixed fish tank accessory still showing Equip in the right-click menu.
- Updated some of the moon skill descriptions to stay consistent between them.
- Corrected names in store for back-slung harp and lute. SOTA-71211
- Corrected names in store of Heart-Themed White Coffee Table 2-Pack and Heart-Shaped White End Table 2-Pack.
- Deco fish catches have been removed from the public API.
World and Quest Changes:
- Added new decoration fish into fishing loot tables. SOTA-71202
- Some children now have hair and clothing variations.
- Improved loot acquired from skinning Juvenile Dragons. SOTA-71205
- Updated some Fishing Supplies Merchant shop bundles.
- Forest Road Encounter: Shandy’s wagon no longer clips with large rocks. SOTA-71155
- Plains Road Encounter: The undead/skeleton scenario no longer gives the “great threat” message more than once. SOTA-71181
- Swamp Road Encounter: Exiting Hidden Vale’s tiger scenario now properly sends you to the Hidden Vale overworld. SOTA-71152
- Jaanaford and Vertas: Replaced a rug that used the wrong prefab.
- Aerie: Updated the logic by which avatars can obtain the key from Lord Harcourt Drumplemouth. SOTA-71195
- Ardoris: Dredged all the canals and some of the open water. SOTA-71200
- Battle of Solace Bridge: Removed obsolete quest data from the new player handbook found in this scene. SOTA-71191
- Blackblade Foothills: Reduced damage and updated sound effects for “dustdevil” tornado hazard. Made similar updates to other tornadoes.
- Blood Bay: Fixed a small bed with a bad display name. SOTA-48761
- Blood Bay: The “high jump” fumaroles now toggle on and off and have enhanced effects. SOTA-40554
- Blood River Outskirts: Paeon no longer claims to be a member of the Whiteguard. SOTA-71187
- Bramble: Changed the carpentry merchant to use a commoner body type. SOTA-71134
- Broochash: Corrected typos in Umberjack’s responses for Albreda. SOTA-71199
- Brookside: Moved several floating world objects to the ground. SOTA-71207
- Castle Atos: Added some extra lights.
- Castle Atos: Fixed a stuck spot in the stables. SOTA-71216
- Castle Atos: Fixed collision at the inner gateway. SOTA-71192
- Castle Atos: Standing in the fire at the tavern will burn you. SOTA-71173
- The Crags: Fixed a stuck spot. SOTA-71218
- Crooked Shank: Villagers now have alternate barks after you wrong them. Removed elements of an archway that was floating over water. SOTA-71189
- Eastmarch: Adjusted the water material, removed collision from the water surface, and updated the path grid in the swamp cave. SOTA-58002
- Grusk: Fixed issues with the lighthouse rock base where players were able to see underneath the stairs. SOTA-71154
- Grusk: Vishpop should no longer move from his spawn location. SOTA-71177
- Halls of Artifice: Reset Kiakis back to his correct character model. SOTA-71176
- Jaanaford: Caretaker Euridice’s “shrine” response now properly refers to Justice instead of Honor. SOTA-71185
- Jaanaford: Fixed a typo in caretaker Zed’s “shrine” response. SOTA-71178
- K’rul: Added high fire damage to a lava pool at the bottom of a ravine. SOTA-71174
- Kiln: Caretaker Caden’s “shrine” response now properly refers to Honor instead of Justice. SOTA-71184
- Kingsport: Fixed a typo in Powell’s “rumors” response. Removed a duplicate keyword from guard Powell’s responses to stop a build error. SOTA-71186
- Owl’s Head: Improved the “closure” responses when telling Marisol about her late husband. Added a chaplain at the Virtue temple. SOTA-70664, SOTA-10600
- Port Graff: Removed the line-of-sight requirement for conversations with the Ebon Dawn prisoner.
- The Rise: The Orange Pit Dragon is now the Ferocious Orange Pit Dragon, has white wings, and is the only dragon that offers blueprints for the Rise rooms as loot. Also, corrected scale of small dragon colliders and moved overhead names closer to their bodies.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed a small bed with a bad display name. SOTA-48761
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: No location in the abandoned village should have anti-theft protection anymore. SOTA-71180
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Reduced the size of the damage volume for Filmore’s spike trap. SOTA-71150
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Removed redundant textile station from farmer’s attic. SOTA-71172
- Southmarsh: The two locations with deep water now allow swimming and fishing. SOTA-71179
- Spectral Mines: Put some rocks under a floating column in a new arch-lapin cavern. SOTA-71215
- Spectral Mines: Updated the path grid. Added reverb and ambient sounds to new arch-lapin caves.
- Spectral Peaks: Added webs to spider boss cavern. SOTA-62814
- Troll’s Bridge: Fixed a path grid issue that was preventing the trolls from walking across the bridge steps. SOTA-71188
- Verdantis Shardfall: Added visual effects to the water within the crater. SOTA-71182
- Vikland: Adjusted size of fish school volumes to help keep them from swimming above the surface of the water. SOTA-70956
- Vikland: Moved a floating mandrake root to the ground. Added 2 seconds to each chime’s timer in the tunnels to the Obsidian valley. SOTA-71151, SOTA-71148
- Well of Aldur: Fixed a pathing issue with some stairs. Rebaked the NavMesh.
- Well of Aldur: Reduced collision of a column that was extending too far into a walkway. SOTA-68507
- Yew: Modified the conversation for Eve Moonflower to remove some responses she shared with another character. SOTA-71171
Player-Owned Town Changes:
- The Barren Shores: Removed dev-owned POT from Mistrendur. SOTA-71157
Latest News and Q&A March Livestream
The post-release Community Livestream is Friday, March 31st at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other members of the development team for a 1-hour community livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “It could be bunnies” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website Add-On Store.
Please submit questions using in-game universal chat by typing “askadev” before your question. We’ll do our best to answer these questions live on the stream. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4PM CT!
Atos and other members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team stream on twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar — be sure to get the channel on follow for notifications so you can join us right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel. Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at all our social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/shroudoftheavatar
Release 112 Subscriber Login Rewards
Decorate yourself and your friends with new Spring gear: the Rewards Program login items for Release 112 are a Yellow Ladybug Backpack, a pair of Brown Bunny Slippers, and half a dozen Confetti Eggs! (The decoration of your friends with the eggs is, unfortunately, temporary.)
Subscribers to the Rewards Program must log in during Release 112 to receive these special login items.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items! For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (about 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- 21 Months: Keeper of the Bond
- 24 Months: Keeper of the Promise
- 27 Months: Keeper of the Covenant
- 30 Months: Keeper of Countless Devotions
- 33 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Three Corpions
- 36 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Six Serpents
- 39 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Nine Tulips
- 42 Months: Keeper of Forty-Two Roses
- 45 Months: Keeper of Forty-Five Lilies
- 48 Months: Keeper of Forty-Eight Daisies
- 51 Months: Keeper of Fifty-One Staves
- 54 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Four Daggers
- 57 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Seven Arrows
- 60 Months: Keeper of Sixty Swords
- 63 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Three Coins
- 66 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Six Gems
- 69 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Nine Jewels
- 72 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Two Goblets
- 75 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Five Rings
- 78 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Eight Amulets
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of these 7 Obsidian Potions every month:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
- Potion of Stamina: Decreases focus use from sprinting
- While subscribed to the rewards program, players also receive these special bonuses:
- Obsidian Potions are significantly more powerful!
- 24 Additional Deck Slots!
April Login Reward
You’d think they’d be more aerodynamic: each account that logs in during the month of April will receive a one-time gift of a pair of Brown Bunny Ears!
Crown Store Updates
New in the crown store for April 14th:
Although there are not currently enough items to make a whole new category for them, a few St. Patrick’s Day items (some of which were previously hidden in the vault) can be currently found in other categories (Wearables and Outdoor Decorations) until Monday May 1st:
List of St. Patrick’s Day items:
- Garden Leprechaun
- Leprechaun Bowler Hat 2-Pack
- Leprechaun Hat
- Pot o’ Gold
The Spring Equinox store items will be available until Friday May 5th:
List of Spring Equinox items:
- Bunny Ears & Slippers Set
- Decorative Dyeable Egg Pack
- Flower Crown
- Lepus Mask 2017
- Lepus Mask 2018
- Silver & Gold Lepus Mask
- White Lepus Mask
- Rabbit Tailed Bodice Ensemble
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2016
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2017
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2018
- Replenishing Confetti Eggs Basket 2019
- Spring Fountain w/ Floating Candles
To celebrate his birthday, the Darkstarr Rares store items will be available until Monday May 29th:
List of Darkstarr items:
- Darkstarr Basement Entrance Eternal Pattern
- Darkstarr Chaos Throne
- Darkstarr Chaos Throne (Reverse Colors)
- Darkstarr Clock Tower
- Darkstarr Clock Tower (Reverse Colors)
- Darkstarr Fur Collared Cloak
- Darkstarr Pavers
- Darkstarr Shield
- Darkstarr Shield Pattern Pack
- Lord British vs Darkstarr Battle Banner
- Mosh Emote
Bug Brigade & Testing Directives!
The Bug Brigade was established to improve how the community and the development team work together to improve the game. Since the Brigade’s inception, the program has gone through a number of changes and was eventually placed on hold. The stability of the game is as important to the development team as it is to the players, therefore the program was revamped and was relaunched.
The Brigade has been up and running and the volunteers (Alley Oop, Echondas, Flair Minamoto, and Justyn) are in a good rhythm for verifying and submitting bugs to the developers. If you have reported a bug that has not yet been addressed, please be patient while the backlog is being worked. The Brigade is working diligently to clean up the backlog of bug reports posted by players on the forums.
Every month, a considerable amount of development time will be spent working many of the verified bugs which have been submitted to the team by the Bug Brigade. This focused effort on bug fixes would not be possible without the recent efforts of the Bug Brigade. Please take the time to thank these bug hunting aficionados when you encounter them in your travels!
In turn, the development team would like to express a big thank you to the Bug Hunters! These community members are doing a fantastic job bringing so many bug reports to the team, and they’re doing it in a way which makes the process smooth and efficient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much improvement has been noticed by the development team and we’re so very excited to see the program’s continued success!
The development team would also like to thank all of those who take time to participate in QA Testing Directives. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, many issues and bugs can be identified and fixed prior to content going to the Live Server! Keep up the great work! For those that wish to participate in future bug hunting endeavors, please check the forums regularly for upcoming QA Testing Directives.
Don’t forget, the Bug Brigade is open to all players in good standing and bug rewards are SWEET! They will be awarded on a monthly progression basis with only minimal requirements to qualify. The available rewards to receive in progression via qualifying participation are as follows:
- Antennae Head Gear and Forum Title 1: “Bug Hunter”
- Single Ant Cloak
- Lady Bug Backpack
- Bug Painting A and In-Game Title 2: “Associate of Aphids”
- Ant Farm
- Insect Leg Table
- Many Ants Cloak and In-Game Title 3: “Bachelor of Beetles”
- Bug Painting B
- Bug Sprayer and /bugspray Emote
- Bug Painting C and In-Game Title 4: “Master of Moths”
- Butterfly Chair
- Corpion Chair (Pictured Below)
- Yellow Fireflies VFX and In-Game Title 5: “Doctor of Dragonflies”
- Hacked Oracle Flyer
- Giant Butterfly Pet (Blue)
- Butterfly Mask
- Dragonfly pet
- Fairy Wings
- Monarch Butterfly Pet
- Dragonfly Wings
- Hacked Oracle Crawler
- Blue Butterfly VFX
- Orange Fireflies VFX
- Orange Butterfly VFX
- Autumn Fairy Wings
- Green Fireflies VFX
- Landing Flies 3-pack
- Blue Fireflies
- Mounted Ladybug Specimen
- Mounted Rhinoceros Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Firebug Specimen
- Mounted Diving Bug Specimen
- Mounted Asian Ladybug Specimen
- Swallowtail Butterfly Pet
- Mounted Potato Beetle
- Silver Bug Sprayer
- Mounted Dung Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Hissing Cockroach Specimen
- Mounted Maybug Specimen
- Mounted Stag Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Flower Beetle Specimen
If you’ve come to think of Shroud of the Avatar as your home, sign up and help make New Britannia a better place to live! To learn more about joining the Bug Brigade, please read the announcement thread by Ravalox in the main Bug/Feedback forums.
Streamers of Shroud of the Avatar can participate in a program to showcase the game and be rewarded for their efforts. Any Streamer who wishes to be included in the Streamer Program can contact Laney via in-game mail with their Character Name and Twitch Channel information. If you have already signed up for the program in the past, fear not: you’re on the list and you don’t need to reapply.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must adhere to our Terms of Service (TOS) and Community Rules while Streaming Shroud of the Avatar.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must stream at least 10 hours of Shroud of the Avatar ACTIVE game play to remain in the program with reward accrual.
Streamers will receive a one-time digital reward of in-game items after meeting the program’s requirements: Streamer’s Cloak, Streamer’s Camera, and the LIVESTREAMING title.
- To qualify for Streamer Rewards, each streamer must continue to meet the minimum requirements for 60 days after application.
- To accrue additional rewards, Streamers must stream SotA a minimum of 10 hours per month, tallied on the 1st day of each month, to remain in the program.
Monthly Streamer Bundles:
On the 1st of each month, qualifying streamers will be eligible to receive 50 Streamer Bundles. Bundles will be sent out to Streamers via in-game mail.
A few things you need to know:
- Streamer Bundles are intended to be given away to stream viewers, not consumed by the streamer.
- Streamers are not allowed to put paywalls in place for the Streamer Bundles. (For example, giving away Streamer Bundles once the stream reaches a certain number of bits, subscriptions, or donations).
Other Items of Note:
- Streamers in the program will be included in the SotAbot StreamPop function, appearing in the player-streaming channel in Discord.
- An optional “Streamers Kit” is available to the participating streamers as well as all players of Shroud of the Avatar, which includes graphics, overlays and other material.
- Streamers must be actively playing the game during their streams. Being away from the keyboard (AFK) for short periods is acceptable. If Twitch indicates the streamer is playing SotA but they are streaming other content or a timeout/login screen, they risk being removed from the program.
Upcoming Release Dates
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums. The upcoming 2023 Release Schedule is as follows:
- This Release 112 – March 30 (Polish)
- Release 113 – April 27 (Content)
- Release 114 – May 25 (Polish)
- Release 115 – June 29 (Polish)
- Release 116 – July 27 (Content)
- Release 117 – August 31 (Polish)
Community Events & Resources
Greetings event holders and event attendees! So many fun and exciting events are available in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to get out there and participate, make some new friends, perhaps make some great emote, recipe, or gear trades, or get some adventuring and role-playing into your mix! Here are spotlighted events or updated community resources that we’ve noticed popping up lately on the official forums.
- Monthly Release Fishing Contests: This will be a rotating, multi-location contest sponsored and organised by Rajazel, The Town Museum and its Governor Diablotine.
- Trash to Treasure Dropped Items Turn-In: Some unscrupulous fella has been flooding all of New Britannia with junk: Headdresses, Wings, Backpacks, assorted miscellany of every sort. It’s time to clean this trash up and so a bounty has been placed on all gear crafted by Coswald Dirthmire that is turned in each contest period!
- Lightbringer Isle Fishing Contest: Why not earn some extra prizes each month and participate in Lightbringer Isle’s monthly fishing tourney? Lots of fantastic prizes — don’t miss out!
- 500 Crown Leisurely Fishing: Sonja Solar and friends are running a continuous fishing contest in Brittany Fort “Now and Forever for All Eternity” which has wonderful prizes and objectives. You can now win 500 Crowns for record fishies caught in Brittany Fort by anybody at any time in history for display in Sonja Solar’s fishy aquarium museum. Be sure to watch the video indicated in the “Brittany Fort” link provided in the first post to see the full explanation of the contest rules.
- Lightbringer Isle Auction: Lightbringer Isle hosts a monthly auction held the Sunday after release at 11AM CT!
- Avatars-Virtue Radio Calendar: Just when are all those talented DJ’s and streamers broadcasting? Don’t just guess, check out there very helpful calendar! Never again will you wonder when’s the best time to tune in!
- NBNN Calendar: This calendar provides a great schedule for NBNN and WRFB programing as well as many other community events. If you’re a fan of the Laz & Jack show or even if you’re hoping to catch them in action for the first time, this is the calendar for you!
- SotA Event Calendar: Event participants, take heed! Thoryk Omara has done a wondrous job creating a community event calendar which is available to all players of Shroud of the Avatar. Please make an effort to support this new calendar. The more resources players have at their disposable for event notifications, the better!
Community Event Resources: Here are some fantastic resources for tracking down community events or posting your own events. Become involved! Create! Explore! Make friends! But most of all, have fun!
- One-Time Community Events Forum: Sometimes events happen only a single time, so you’ll not want to miss out on these events as they occur. Check out the forums routinely to spot these!
- Recurring Community Events Forum: Some events occur on weekly or monthly schedules which are a great way to routinely meet up with friends and to make new ones. Be sure to check this forum frequently for new events or time changes to existing ones.
- Game Master (GM) Potion Request Procedures: Shroud of the Avatar has an amazing in-game consumable for player event holders — the Potion of Temporary GM Powers! Players wishing to enhance their in-game community event by having GM Powers at their disposal need to simply follow the procedures outlined in this forum thread.
- Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests: Would you like to request a special trophy or renamed item for a player event you’ve created? Head on over to this thread to see what’s available and to obtain more information about request procedures.
- Player Radio Station Forum: If you want to check out the latest and greatest from our in-game radio stations, go to the radio stations forum! If you’re a DJ, be sure to advertise your time slot and venue in this forum.
- Player Livestreams & Videos Forum: If you’re searching for a Shroud Streamer to watch, head on over to the streamer forum! If you are a live streamer for Shroud of the Avatar, be sure to advertise your Shroud stream by posting in this forum.
- Town Directory Forum: Want to find a town to live in or get your town listed in the directory, head over to the forums and check it out!
- Guild Directory Forum: Looking for a guild or want to get yours posted in the guild directory? Head on over to the forums and check it out!
- Fire Lotus Tavern: This wondrous role-playing and story writing forum is the spot to be if you love fan fiction and role-play.
- Community Resources: Looking for links to community and official resources for Shroud of the Avatar? Well look no further. On this page you’ll find links to a plethora of helpful resources created by the dev team or the community.
SO many options to stay tuned-in with fellow community members. Please take advantage of all these wonderful options. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Project to Support: Avatar Relics
Community member Shawn Butts has opened a Shroud of the Avatar merchandise store with Catnip Games’ approval. Visit for pins, mugs, shirts, posters, and more here.
Project to Support: Shard RPG
Shard Studios invites you to enter the fantastic world Dárdünah, the vast shard of a shattered realm, as presented in the colorful pages of the SHARD RPG! Many years in the making, this system allows players to choose from a wide variety of animal people who are the main cast of the many adventures this otherworldly setting offers. Skyships glide through shimmering clouds past majestic crystal peaks. Giant insects prowl alien jungles or lurk in the sparkling emerald seas. Warriors with blades of diamond and amber duel across crimson sands. And mystics chant in shadowy chambers as their spirits wander abroad.
- Intro Sheet: For a quick glimpse into the world of Dárdünah, be sure to download the intro pdf! It’s packed with great information and features beautiful artwork, not unlike the artwork found throughout the many pages of this gaming system’s gorgeously designed manuals.
- Core System Manuals: It’s easier than ever to delve into Dárdünah, World of the False Dawn, with the Basic Compendium and the Magic and Martial Arts books! They contain everything you need to begin your adventures, and include instructions for the ritual magic and martial arts combat systems. These manuals also include 90 new Animal Templates upon which to base your character!
- Other Shard RPG Products: So many more manuals and gaming materials are available! Everything an avid tabletop role-player and game master needs to delve into the world of Dárdünah!
So if you’re ready to experience a gaming world like no other, check out what Shard Studios has created for tabletop role-players on the Shard RPG official website! You’ll most certainly be immersed and amazed by the offerings of the Shard RPG!
Project to Support: Embers Adrift!
Project to Support: Avatar Express
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no commitment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immediate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources: Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.