Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Release 115 goes live June 29th at 10:30 AM CDT.
Welcome! The Catnip Games development team marks this monthly release of Shroud of the Avatar with new content and improvements. For Release 115 (R115), we offer more words, floating beacons of menace, and birthday cake.
For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Player Guide and Known Issues for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes.
- Lord British Birthday Bash: R115 Livestream
- The Great New Britannia Mapping Project Update
- Release 115 Patch Notes
- Latest News, Q&A, and Birthday Livestream
- Sales and Bonus Events
- Release 115 Subscriber Login Rewards
- July Login Rewards
- Crown Store Updates
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Streamer Program
- Upcoming Release Dates
- Community Events & Resources
- Project to Support: Avatar Relics
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Embers Adrift
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Lord British Birthday Bash: R115 Livestream
Join us on July 7th at 4 PM CDT for our annual Lord British Birthday stream! We will be talking about Release 115 and replying to questions both from the streaming audience as well as from the askadev postings and the devs will set out into the game world teaming up with players to go adventuring!
We will be starting the stream at our usual time, but we expect that the stream will extend past the usual length (more prizenings!)
More info is below.
The Great New Britannia Mapping Project Update
This month our team of cartographers has completed maps in South Paladis, bringing ten maps online. Next, we are sending our team into Quel and possibly mounting an expedition into the vastness of Verdantis. Though we have lost personnel there before, we will yet again attempt to document these lands.
Release 115 Patch Notes
Below are a list of the updates that are live as of Release 115 in the game of Shroud of the Avatar! R115 is a polish month. Content, additional improvements, and bug fixes are inbound for R116 next month. We hope you enjoy the changes that are live today as of Release 115!
Crafting, Decoration, Gear, & Inventory Item Changes:
- All cloaks can now be placed on partitions and wall sections. SOTA-69778
- Fixed the fire dancer outfit disappearing in water.
- Fixed typos in couriers’ undelivered letter. SOTA-71474
- The Jotungrund Runestone now uses the correct decoration object.
- Fletchers of New Britannia have gone through a re-training course to produce arrows that are more consistent in weight. SOTA-71384
- Reviewed all keys; updated and fixed several. Some keys that couldn’t be destroyed now can be and it’s likely they can be reacquired from the original source (which is always true if they are needed for a quest). Common, non-quest keys acquired through combat may now be sold to merchants for a very small gold value. Examples of updates include: the Tartarus Treasure Room key now pointing to the proper deco object, the Key of Nothing for Boreas Colossus can now be destroyed and reacquired from the original source once a day, and the locked prison wagons in Blood River Outskirts can now be unlocked with a new Fragile Longfall Cage Key and may sometimes hold dead bodies with loot.
- All shopkeepers are now able to be patterned. SOTA-70163
- The Wizard’s Hat can now be re-shaped. SOTA-70588
- The Ancient Xenossian Winged Plate Helmet Eternal Pattern can now be used to reshape helms. SOTA-70525
- The dyable tuxedo patterns will now apply. SOTA-70004
- Eternal heraldry patterns can now be removed from heraldry thrones with pattern removers. SOTA-70258
- For those who don’t throw back the tiny ones; the smallest of the Arapaima are now mountable. SOTA-71252
- Balanced inputs on red, yellow, orange, and pink crafted dye recipes so gold returns in selling the dyes to NPC merchants are even. SOTA-71343
- The Croctails recipe is no longer discoverable nor teachable.
User Interface, Store Information, Inky, & Lua Changes:
- Added debuff icons that were missing for summoned fire, air, and ice elemental attacks. SOTA-70623
- Corrected date and version on the Commercial TOS.
- Fixed typo in Guild Leader change message. SOTA-71480
- Corrected name of Snowy Owl upon delivery from Crown Store. Pre-existing owls will be fixed by data migration in the future.
- Added a sound preview button to wax cylinders in the crown store.
- Adjusted Gossamer Cloak image size in the Crown Store.
- Adjusted the character limits of the premium and pledge conversationalists: the premium and pledge versions intended for more advanced functions will now allow for up to 60K characters. The craftable conversationalists intended for basic scripts will continue to be capped at 2K characters.
- Completed an audit of conversationalists to ensure only the craftable ones are set to the low content limit and, as a result, updated all the mini automatons as well as the original pledge automaton to the 60K character limit.
World and Quest Changes:
- Overworlds: All cross-continent galleon teleporters now have compass marker discoveries. SOTA-71483
- Novia: Fixed the position of several floating and sunken POT landmarking props. SOTA-71499
- Outskirts: Enabled rain visuals.
- Plains Road Encounter: Moved an inaccessible ore node. SOTA-71457
- Sieges: Avatars with 36 or more arcane catalysts will be able to turn in 36 for their daily quest instead of only 18, for double the experience and gold. SOTA-71436
- Aerie, Ardoris, and Resolute: Improved the logic used by these devotional caretakers for their “visit the shrines” quest. SOTA-71489
- Aerie: Updated the items assigned to anti-theft protection. Moved a floating bowl to the ground in the cat lady house and added alternative cat types. SOTA-71470, SOTA-71471
- Ardoris: Improved the logic which both Caravaggios Wolf and Stephanie Broadmeadow use to archive their “collect 5 paintings” quests.
- Ardoris: Fixed a typo in Simone von Eglinger’s responses.
- Broken Echoes Silver Mine: Fixed several stuck spots. SOTA-71458
- Celestis: Added missing elements into a compound interactive script on the stage elevator.
- Celestis: The combat merchant now has a proper NPC title and personal name. SOTA-71500
- The Clink: Updated Warden Tully’s response for his own name. SOTA-71236
- Crooked Shank: Fixed typos in Erno’s responses. SOTA-71493
- Eastreach Gap: Adjusted the path of the tornado.
- Etceter: Updated the collision on several stairs to help avoid having to jump over the top steps. SOTA-71469
- Highvale: Removed a redundant choice from the scene entry menu. SOTA-71468
- Highvale: Fixed a typo on a grave marker. SOTA-71460
- Highvale Outskirts: Updated Gilbert the merchant’s logic so you can’t block conversation with him while you need to talk to him for a quest.
- Highvale Outskirts: Update Captain Burnes’ responses for consistency. SOTA-71444
- Highvale Outskirts: Moved an inaccessible garlic node. SOTA-71459
- Kingsport: Fixed an item in a crate that was clipping through its walls. SOTA-71450
- K’rul: Moved floating “splash” effects back to the center of the lava field parent. SOTA-71449
- Middle Downs: Fixed a stuck spot at one of the mounds. SOTA-71484
- Owl’s Head: Added ladders to some of the towers attached to castle walls in the city. SOTA-71454
- Owl’s Head: Mary, the College of Arms registrar, now points to her correct conversation. SOTA-71453
- Owl’s Head: Joseph, Dorothy, and Rickard now use alternative “beggar” models.
- Owl’s Head: Bartender Thomas Strongbeard once again sells mutton meals. SOTA-71451
- Owl’s Head: Tanderly now mentions Joseph has an exclusive contract to sell his family’s pecan nuts. SOTA-71452
- Port Harmony: Corrected a double-negative in Watersmith Annora Jenkins’s responses. SOTA-71491
- Port Harmony: Hollow wooden ducks may appear in random locations.
- Spectral Mines: Updated the path grid. SOTA-71466
- Tartarus: Added two Obsidian Elf spawn locations. Adjusted the positions of many ore nodes. SOTA-71446
- Tower of the Shuttered Eye: The beds used by skeletons can no longer be used by Avatars. SOTA-71488
- Ulfheim: Regenerated the path grid. SOTA-71467
- Created map for Blackblade Foothills.
- Created map for Far Hinterlands.
- Created map for North Hinterlands.
- Created map for North Shattered Hills.
- Created map for Opalis Ruins.
- Created map for Oracle Colossus.
- Created map for Sanctus Spine.
- Created map for South Hinterlands.
- Created map for South Shattered Hills.
- Created map for Sunless Barrens.
Player-Owned Town Changes:
- Jamestown: Added new Crossroads Village south of Brittany in Novia.
- The Port: Added new town south of Solace Bridge Outskirts in Novia.
- POT templates Forest 01b and Forest 01c: Removed redundant block near corner of docks. SOTA-71448
- PvP POTs: Any POT that is set as PvP will now have floating Obsidian shards floating outside their perimeter (or on the cavern ceiling for Underground PvP POTs). SOTA-39004
Player-Owned Dungeon and Basement Changes:
- Added deco surfaces and removed spiderwebs from the Sword of Midras Library dungeon room entrance halls. SOTA-68125
- Lava Pool Stairs should now place correctly in Player Dungeons and Basements. SOTA-71463
- Fixed deco colliders missing in stairways of Town Arena and City 3-Story Stone basements.
Latest News, Q&A, and Birthday Livestream
The post-release Community Livestream is Friday, July 7th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Stephen “Ravalox” Reinen and other members of the development team for an extended community livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “Happy Birthday Lord British” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website Add-On Store.
Please submit questions using in-game universal chat by typing “askadev” before your question. We’ll do our best to answer these questions live on the stream. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4PM CT!
Members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team stream on twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar — be sure to get the channel on follow for notifications so you can join us right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel. Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at all our social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/shroudoftheavatar
Sales and Bonus Events
To commemorate the birth of Lord British, from June 29th through July 10th:
- Double XP wil be turned on.
- Crown Store sales will be 30% off.
- Crowns of the Obsidians will be 20% off.
- Deed Upgrades will be 20% off.
- Player Owned Town upgrades for Crowns of the Obsidians will be 20% off. These upgrades may only be initiated by an email to Support.
Release 115 Subscriber Login Rewards
Block the sun and make your own light: The Rewards Program login items for Release 115 are a Beach Umbrella (which has newly-expanded sizing and placement options), a pair of Gold Candlesticks, and a set of 2023 Cupcakes.
Subscribers to the Rewards Program must log in during Release 115 to receive these special login items.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items! For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (about 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- 21 Months: Keeper of the Bond
- 24 Months: Keeper of the Promise
- 27 Months: Keeper of the Covenant
- 30 Months: Keeper of Countless Devotions
- 33 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Three Corpions
- 36 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Six Serpents
- 39 Months: Keeper of Thirty-Nine Tulips
- 42 Months: Keeper of Forty-Two Roses
- 45 Months: Keeper of Forty-Five Lilies
- 48 Months: Keeper of Forty-Eight Daisies
- 51 Months: Keeper of Fifty-One Staves
- 54 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Four Daggers
- 57 Months: Keeper of Fifty-Seven Arrows
- 60 Months: Keeper of Sixty Swords
- 63 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Three Coins
- 66 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Six Gems
- 69 Months: Keeper of Sixty-Nine Jewels
- 72 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Two Goblets
- 75 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Five Rings
- 78 Months: Keeper of Seventy-Eight Amulets
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of these 7 Obsidian Potions every month:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
- Potion of Stamina: Decreases focus use from sprinting
- While subscribed to the rewards program, players also receive these special bonuses:
- Obsidian Potions are significantly more powerful!
- 24 Additional Deck Slots!
July Login Reward
In honor of Lord British’s Birthday, log in during the month of July and you’ll receive half a dozen each of slices of Lord British Birthday Cake and of Fireworks (Red-White-Blue Missiles).
Crown Store Updates
New in the crown store today:
…and for July 14th:
The Summer Seasonal store items will be available until Monday September 25th:
List of Summer Seasonal items:
- Firedancer Outfit
- Fire Dance Emote
- Fire Dance Cross Emote
- Flame Scimitar
- Flame Shield
- Flame Stained Glass Table Lamp 3-Pack
- Flaming Bagpipes
- Hula Emote
- Island Spear
- Island Flower Crown
- Island Dress
The Lord British store items will be available until Friday August 4th:
List of Lord British items:
- 2014 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2016 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2017 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2018 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2019 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2020 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2021 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2022 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2023 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- Lord British Basement Entrance Eternal Pattern
- Lord British Cloak
- Lord British Fur Collared Cloak
- Lord British Moondial
- Lord British Pavers
- Lord British Round Table
- Lord British Salute Emote
- Lord British Shield
- Lord British Shield Pattern Pack
Bug Brigade & Testing Directives!
The Bug Brigade was established to improve how the community and the development team work together to improve the game. Since the Brigade’s inception, the program has gone through a number of changes and was eventually placed on hold. The stability of the game is as important to the development team as it is to the players, therefore the program was revamped and was relaunched.
The Brigade has been up and running and the volunteers (Alley Oop, Echondas, Flair Minamoto, and Justyn) are in a good rhythm for verifying and submitting bugs to the developers. If you have reported a bug that has not yet been addressed, please be patient while the backlog is being worked. The Brigade is working diligently to clean up the backlog of bug reports posted by players on the forums.
Every month, a considerable amount of development time will be spent working many of the verified bugs which have been submitted to the team by the Bug Brigade. This focused effort on bug fixes would not be possible without the recent efforts of the Bug Brigade. Please take the time to thank these bug hunting aficionados when you encounter them in your travels!
In turn, the development team would like to express a big thank you to the Bug Hunters! These community members are doing a fantastic job bringing so many bug reports to the team, and they’re doing it in a way which makes the process smooth and efficient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much improvement has been noticed by the development team and we’re so very excited to see the program’s continued success!
The development team would also like to thank all of those who take time to participate in QA Testing Directives. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, many issues and bugs can be identified and fixed prior to content going to the Live Server! Keep up the great work! For those that wish to participate in future bug hunting endeavors, please check the forums regularly for upcoming QA Testing Directives.
Don’t forget, the Bug Brigade is open to all players in good standing and bug rewards are SWEET! They will be awarded on a monthly progression basis with only minimal requirements to qualify. The available rewards to receive in progression via qualifying participation are as follows:
- Antennae Head Gear and Forum Title 1: “Bug Hunter”
- Single Ant Cloak
- Lady Bug Backpack
- Bug Painting A and In-Game Title 2: “Associate of Aphids”
- Ant Farm
- Insect Leg Table
- Many Ants Cloak and In-Game Title 3: “Bachelor of Beetles”
- Bug Painting B
- Bug Sprayer and /bugspray Emote
- Bug Painting C and In-Game Title 4: “Master of Moths”
- Butterfly Chair
- Corpion Chair (Pictured Below)
- Yellow Fireflies VFX and In-Game Title 5: “Doctor of Dragonflies”
- Hacked Oracle Flyer
- Giant Butterfly Pet (Blue)
- Butterfly Mask
- Dragonfly pet
- Fairy Wings
- Monarch Butterfly Pet
- Dragonfly Wings
- Hacked Oracle Crawler
- Blue Butterfly VFX
- Orange Fireflies VFX
- Orange Butterfly VFX
- Autumn Fairy Wings
- Green Fireflies VFX
- Landing Flies 3-pack
- Blue Fireflies
- Mounted Ladybug Specimen
- Mounted Rhinoceros Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Firebug Specimen
- Mounted Diving Bug Specimen
- Mounted Asian Ladybug Specimen
- Swallowtail Butterfly Pet
- Mounted Potato Beetle
- Silver Bug Sprayer
- Mounted Dung Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Hissing Cockroach Specimen
- Mounted Maybug Specimen
- Mounted Stag Beetle Specimen
- Mounted Flower Beetle Specimen
If you’ve come to think of Shroud of the Avatar as your home, sign up and help make New Britannia a better place to live! To learn more about joining the Bug Brigade, please read the announcement thread by Ravalox in the main Bug/Feedback forums.
Streamers of Shroud of the Avatar can participate in a program to showcase the game and be rewarded for their efforts. Any Streamer who wishes to be included in the Streamer Program can contact Laney via in-game mail with their Character Name and Twitch Channel information. If you have already signed up for the program in the past, fear not: you’re on the list and you don’t need to reapply.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must adhere to our Terms of Service (TOS) and Community Rules while Streaming Shroud of the Avatar.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must stream at least 10 hours of Shroud of the Avatar ACTIVE game play to remain in the program with reward accrual.
Streamers will receive a one-time digital reward of in-game items after meeting the program’s requirements: Streamer’s Cloak, Streamer’s Camera, and the LIVESTREAMING title.
- To qualify for Streamer Rewards, each streamer must continue to meet the minimum requirements for 60 days after application.
- To accrue additional rewards, Streamers must stream SotA a minimum of 10 hours per month, tallied on the 1st day of each month, to remain in the program.
Monthly Streamer Bundles:
On the 1st of each month, qualifying streamers will be eligible to receive 50 Streamer Bundles. Bundles will be sent out to Streamers via in-game mail.
A few things you need to know:
- Streamer Bundles are intended to be given away to stream viewers, not consumed by the streamer.
- Streamers are not allowed to put paywalls in place for the Streamer Bundles. (For example, giving away Streamer Bundles once the stream reaches a certain number of bits, subscriptions, or donations).
Other Items of Note:
- Streamers in the program will be included in the SotAbot StreamPop function, appearing in the player-streaming channel in Discord.
- An optional “Streamers Kit” is available to the participating streamers as well as all players of Shroud of the Avatar, which includes graphics, overlays and other material.
- Streamers must be actively playing the game during their streams. Being away from the keyboard (AFK) for short periods is acceptable. If Twitch indicates the streamer is playing SotA but they are streaming other content or a timeout/login screen, they risk being removed from the program.
Upcoming Release Dates
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums. The upcoming 2023 Release Schedule is as follows:
- This Release 115 – June 29 (Polish)
- Release 116 – July 27 (Content)
- Release 117 – August 31 (Polish)
- Release 118 – September 28 (Polish)
- Release 119 – October 26 (Content)
Community Events & Resources
Greetings event holders and event attendees! So many fun and exciting events are available in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to get out there and participate, make some new friends, perhaps make some great emote, recipe, or gear trades, or get some adventuring and role-playing into your mix! Here are spotlighted events or updated community resources that we’ve noticed popping up lately on the official forums.
- Monthly Release Fishing Contests: This will be a rotating, multi-location contest sponsored and organised by Rajazel, The Town Museum and its Governor Diablotine.
- Trash to Treasure Dropped Items Turn-In: Some unscrupulous fella has been flooding all of New Britannia with junk: Headdresses, Wings, Backpacks, assorted miscellany of every sort. It’s time to clean this trash up and so a bounty has been placed on all gear crafted by Coswald Dirthmire that is turned in each contest period!
- Lightbringer Isle Fishing Contest: Why not earn some extra prizes each month and participate in Lightbringer Isle’s monthly fishing tourney? Lots of fantastic prizes — don’t miss out!
- 500 Crown Leisurely Fishing: Sonja Solar and friends are running a continuous fishing contest in Brittany Fort “Now and Forever for All Eternity” which has wonderful prizes and objectives. You can now win 500 Crowns for record fishies caught in Brittany Fort by anybody at any time in history for display in Sonja Solar’s fishy aquarium museum. Be sure to watch the video indicated in the “Brittany Fort” link provided in the first post to see the full explanation of the contest rules.
- Lightbringer Isle Auction: Lightbringer Isle hosts a monthly auction held the Sunday after release at 11AM CT!
- Avatars-Virtue Radio Calendar: Just when are all those talented DJ’s and streamers broadcasting? Don’t just guess, check out there very helpful calendar! Never again will you wonder when’s the best time to tune in!
- NBNN Calendar: This calendar provides a great schedule for NBNN and WRFB programing as well as many other community events. If you’re a fan of the Laz & Jack show or even if you’re hoping to catch them in action for the first time, this is the calendar for you!
- SotA Event Calendar: Event participants, take heed! Thoryk Omara has done a wondrous job creating a community event calendar which is available to all players of Shroud of the Avatar. Please make an effort to support this new calendar. The more resources players have at their disposable for event notifications, the better!
Community Event Resources: Here are some fantastic resources for tracking down community events or posting your own events. Become involved! Create! Explore! Make friends! But most of all, have fun!
- One-Time Community Events Forum: Sometimes events happen only a single time, so you’ll not want to miss out on these events as they occur. Check out the forums routinely to spot these!
- Recurring Community Events Forum: Some events occur on weekly or monthly schedules which are a great way to routinely meet up with friends and to make new ones. Be sure to check this forum frequently for new events or time changes to existing ones.
- Game Master (GM) Potion Request Procedures: Shroud of the Avatar has an amazing in-game consumable for player event holders — the Potion of Temporary GM Powers! Players wishing to enhance their in-game community event by having GM Powers at their disposal need to simply follow the procedures outlined in this forum thread.
- Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests: Would you like to request a special trophy or renamed item for a player event you’ve created? Head on over to this thread to see what’s available and to obtain more information about request procedures.
- Player Radio Station Forum: If you want to check out the latest and greatest from our in-game radio stations, go to the radio stations forum! If you’re a DJ, be sure to advertise your time slot and venue in this forum.
- Player Livestreams & Videos Forum: If you’re searching for a Shroud Streamer to watch, head on over to the streamer forum! If you are a live streamer for Shroud of the Avatar, be sure to advertise your Shroud stream by posting in this forum.
- Town Directory Forum: Want to find a town to live in or get your town listed in the directory, head over to the forums and check it out!
- Guild Directory Forum: Looking for a guild or want to get yours posted in the guild directory? Head on over to the forums and check it out!
- Fire Lotus Tavern: This wondrous role-playing and story writing forum is the spot to be if you love fan fiction and role-play.
- Community Resources: Looking for links to community and official resources for Shroud of the Avatar? Well look no further. On this page you’ll find links to a plethora of helpful resources created by the dev team or the community.
SO many options to stay tuned-in with fellow community members. Please take advantage of all these wonderful options. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Project to Support: Avatar Relics
Community member Shawn Butts has opened a Shroud of the Avatar merchandise store with Catnip Games’ approval. Visit for pins, mugs, shirts, posters, and more here.
Project to Support: Shard RPG
Shard Studios invites you to enter the fantastic world Dárdünah, the vast shard of a shattered realm, as presented in the colorful pages of the SHARD RPG! Many years in the making, this system allows players to choose from a wide variety of animal people who are the main cast of the many adventures this otherworldly setting offers. Skyships glide through shimmering clouds past majestic crystal peaks. Giant insects prowl alien jungles or lurk in the sparkling emerald seas. Warriors with blades of diamond and amber duel across crimson sands. And mystics chant in shadowy chambers as their spirits wander abroad.
- Intro Sheet: For a quick glimpse into the world of Dárdünah, be sure to download the intro pdf! It’s packed with great information and features beautiful artwork, not unlike the artwork found throughout the many pages of this gaming system’s gorgeously designed manuals.
- Core System Manuals: It’s easier than ever to delve into Dárdünah, World of the False Dawn, with the Basic Compendium and the Magic and Martial Arts books! They contain everything you need to begin your adventures, and include instructions for the ritual magic and martial arts combat systems. These manuals also include 90 new Animal Templates upon which to base your character!
- Other Shard RPG Products: So many more manuals and gaming materials are available! Everything an avid tabletop role-player and game master needs to delve into the world of Dárdünah!
So if you’re ready to experience a gaming world like no other, check out what Shard Studios has created for tabletop role-players on the Shard RPG official website! You’ll most certainly be immersed and amazed by the offerings of the Shard RPG!
Project to Support: Embers Adrift!
Project to Support: Avatar Express
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no commitment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immediate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources: Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.