Greetings Fellow Avatars!
This week’s update offers a quick look at Lord British’s Castle! Located in Mistrendur, this upcoming high paced adventure scene is for Episode 2 Access holders, and will feature ever increasing difficulty as you progress through the scene. For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Lord British’s Castle Preview!
- Latest news Q&A Friday Livestream!
- Double EXP Continues!
- New Vault Round!
- Latest Store Additions: Lord British 2020 Birthday Cake, Stiletto Heels & More!
- July Login Reward: Picnic Table & Bench Set!
- R79 Reward Program Login Items: Lord British & Summer Theme!
- Streaming Reward Program
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Meretz: Win an Ornate Greenhouse 4-Story Row Home (No Trade)
- Community Event: Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney
- Community Event: Catnip Games PvP Collections Tourney
- Community Event: Beran’s Reach Artwork Revealed
- Community Event: Lord British’s Birthday & Release 79 Celebration
- Community Event: Lys & Novia Market Enigma
- Community Event: Beat of Novia in Crystal Cove
- Community Event: Black Sails Saga – From the New Lands
- Project to Support: Rodasurf
- Project to Support: Jar Wars
- Project to Support: Dragonfight
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Lord British’s Castle Preview!
Master world builder Keith “Sannio” Quinn is hard at work designing an upcoming adventure scene known as Lord British’s Castle! Here are a handful of screenshots for this scene which reveal a splendid stronghold with walled-in grounds. The gorgeous gardens, theater, and décor would be quite inviting to guests under normal circumstances, but alas, these are not normal times, Avatars! Something is amiss at Lord British’s Castle in Mistrendur, and only Episode 2 Access holders will be able to rally to our ruler’s aid!
The Lord British’s Castle adventure scene will feature dynamics similar to Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering but to the extreme! Also known as the Challenge Dungeon, Chillblain’s Compendium of Pain and Suffering is an old dungeon accessible at the graveyard in Braemar of the Hidden Vale. As players progress through the Challenge Dungeon, each room becomes more deadly than the one before. The entire Challenge Dungeon features 20 waves of enemies which were originally intended to be nearly undefeatable. Alas, the player base has grown greatly in power since the Challenge Dungeon’s inception and adventure parties have long since vanquished the dangers within. Seeking greater challenges, players will soon be able to test their strength and wit in Lord British’s Castle, an entirely new Challenge Dungeon type experience for the Episode 2 continent of Mistrendur.
“Lord British’s Castle! Frequently under assault by those who want to slay the ruler of New Britannia or pillage the vast fortune rumored to exist within his private vault. Even now, deadly enemies have breached its walls and overrun the stronghold’s hallowed halls. Your reasons to venture to Mistrendur and into Lord British’s home will be your own, but know that each room will throw you against waves of the toughest enemies you have ever faced!”
These words from Sannio should inspire caution amongst the intrepid. Those first to storm the gates of Lord British’s Castle will soon learn that the waves of enemies within will continue to grow in power such that even the greatest of New Britannia’s warriors will eventually fail. How far into the castle will your band of companions venture? What treasures could be within? Soon, Avatars, all will be revealed, and a challenge unlike no other will await thee.
Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
Another weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, July 10th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other development team members for a community 1 hour livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “happy birthday Lord British” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM CT!
Double EXP Continues!
Head out into the lands of New Britannia and charge headlong into the dangers therein, Avatars! For the near future, Shroud of the Avatar players will receive double experience points (EXP) for their endeavors in Adventure and Crafting! Please take advantage of the extra experience points! Stay home, stay safe and explore New Britannia!
New Vault Round!
The current round of Vault items are available until Thursday, July 16th at Noon CT. At that time, the next round of 9 items will be available for two weeks, and then the next, etc.
- Oracle Statue Head
- Tower Town Home
- Kobold Mage Mask
- Obsidian Tower Village Home
- Ornate Kobold Metal Storage Chest
- Elven Fighter Armor
- Elven House in a Hill
- Obsidian Order Throne
Latest Store Additions: Lord British Birthday Cake, Stiletto Heels & More!
This year’s Lord British Birthday cake is still up for sale until July 12th along with the other Lord British recurring items. When used, this wondrous cake creates 4 cupcakes, also unique to the 2020 birthday celebration! Also, tear up the dance floors, Avatars! The new Stiletto Heels are a perfect addition to any wardrobe worthy of a night out with friends. Cooks now have a wondrous second option for a crafting station style — the BBQ Smoker Cooking Station! Just perfect for the outdoor BBQ with fellow Avatars! This new cooking station will become available very shortly. For the Avatars seeking to display pipes throughout their properties, two new Steam Pipe 10-Packs are available on the Crown Store! Thick and thin varieties of pipes can now extend throughout your dungeons, basements, homes, and towns as a wonderful display of technology!
- 2020 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- Stiletto Heals – Low Slung with Straps
- BBQ Smoker Cooking Station
- Aviator Glasses
- Horn-Rimmed Glasses
- Rectangular Glasses
- Round Glasses
Also, we’re scouring the realm for items that have long been missing from the store. Many items are being loaded into the Vault and will rotate in periodically which will be announced each week as they go live, but here’s a small glimpse of additional items becoming permanently available for purchase:
- Aggressive Spider 3-Pack
- Attacking Spider 3-Pack
- Still Spider 3-Pack
- Blue Tile Roof 2-Story Row House
- Blue Tile Roof 3-Story Row House
- Rustic 2-Story Village Home
- Rustic 2-Story with Balcony Village Home
- Rustic 2-Story with Loft Village Home
- Gift Boxes 3-Pack
- Silver Clockwork Armor
- Silver Clockwork Armor Pattern Pack
- Smoke Virtue Emote
July Login Reward: Picnic Table & Bench Set!
Get to cooking, Avatars! Now, with this splendid picnic set, players can have a stylin’ BBQ with friends! The tablecloth can be dyed, so players can show off their guild colors or simply color coordinate with the various items placed upon the table. Simply log in during the month of July, and this picnic set will become available in the Rewards Window.
Release 79 Reward Program Login Reward Items: Lord British & Summer Theme!
- Lord British Plate Chest Armor
- Pig on a Spit (Turns when activated)
- Veggies on a Spit (Turns when activated)
- Aviator Sunglasses (Lens and Frame Dyeable)
- Horn-Rimmed Sunglasses (Lens and Frame Dyeable)
- Rectangular Sunglasses (Lens and Frame Dyeable)
- Round Sunglasses (Lens and Frame Dyeable)
NOTE: You must login during the release to receive each release’s rewards.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items!
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of the 7 Obsidian Potions every month, including:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
Are You a Livestreamer?
Soon, the Streaming Reward Program will be returning. As the details are getting reworked, we’ll reveal more information. Traditional streaming rewards included an exclusive in-game Streamer Camera for being a veteran of our Streaming Program! Expect the camera reward to return! More goodies will come to your way as the program fully develops. Thank you for streaming Shroud of the Avatar!
Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams
Atos and other members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team go live very frequently on our TWO Twitch Channels: twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar and twitch.tv/communityoftheavatar — be sure to get these channels on follow and get the latest information right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel (complete with “Mojito the dog” cam). Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at our other social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/GuBXakQ
Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
As one of the biggest and earliest supporters of Episode 2 you will be granted the largest lot deed in the land (Castle), the title Lord (or Lady) of the Isle, a tour of Lord British’s property, and dinner with the game leaders including Lord British himself! Only 24 of these unique bundles will be sold!
Complete List of Rewards:
- Lord of the Isle Place Anywhere Castle Lot Deed: Tax Free Forever (when placed in a POT) and Tax Free for 1 Year (when placed outside of a POT). Placeable on water as well as land!
- Title: Lord of the Isle or Lady of the Isle
- Unique Lord of the Isle Home (pictured above)
- NEW – Town Size Upgrade (if a town is not owned by the LOTI supporter, they may gift this size upgrade to another town owner. Maximum possible town sizes will be taken into account, but the Megalopolis size just became available!)
- Choice of 1 House currently available in the store
- Castle Basement currently available in the store of your choice
- Castle Wall Set currently available in the store of your choice (with enough for Castle Lot)
- Unique Lord of the Isle Dungeon Room
- 140,000 Crowns
- 1000 Bank Slots
- Pick 12 Prosperity Tools
- 2 Unique in-game items (to be revealed later)
- Early Access to Episode 2
- Episode 1 Box and map signed by the team
- 1 hour one-on-one with Chris for design discussion (via video-conference)
- One real silver ring crafted personally by Lord British: Numbered 1 – 8
- In-game version of the Lord British ring: Numbered 1 – 8 (including a place-able decoration version)
- Tour of Lord British’s property
- Fine dinner and drinks with Lord British, Darkstarr, and Atos at a location TBD in Austin or NYC.
NOTE: Digital items that are currently available will begin delivery as soon as Release 62 (Jan 31, 2019). Other items will be delivered at a future date TBD.
NOTE: Travel costs NOT covered by Catnip Games for Tour & Dinner.
Upcoming Events Calendar
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums:
July 30 – Release 80
Aug 27 – Release 81
Sep 24 – Release 82
Oct 29 – Release 83
Meretz: Win an Ornate Greenhouse 4-Story Row Home (No Trade)
Whether you move a little or a lot, as a Meretz user you rack up valuable Meretz Points (MPs). The more MPs you have, the more stuff you can buy!
Think: in-game SotA goodies, Sweepstakes entries and tons more. With Meretz, we launch several sweepstakes every month. This month, we’re giving away a Ornate Greenhouse 4-Story Row Home (No Trade) to two lucky winners! AND, use your MPs every day for in-game items like potions and emotes.
What’re you waiting for? Download Meretz TODAY!
Community Event: Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney
For the Anglers of New Britannia, a weekly developer run fishing event has arrived! These weekly tournaments start at Noon CT every Friday and will last until Noon CT the next Friday. Players may register towns to be put into a registry list which will dictate most of the venues available for the fishing competition. Every week, the venues shift to the next 3 towns from the registry. Also each week, a new spotlighted PvE and PvP scene cycle into the contest. Each category (POT, PvP, PvE) features different prizes and goals. All fish must be caught within the timeframe of the contest. Here are some of the details:
Largest Saltwater Fish (Town):
- Prizes: Player-Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy
- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns
Largest Fish (PvP):
- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy
- Rules: Must be caught in Kas Ruins
Largest Lava Fish:
- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy
- Rules: Must be caught in Sunless Barrens
- Prizes: Silver Fishing Trophy
- Rules: Everyone who submitted an entry that did not win an above prize
- Paxlair: Many more prizes, check out @Sean Silverfoot’s post on the official contest thread.
Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for attendees, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Expect a constant stream of weekly events, each to feature new locations and new objectives. Head on over to the Fishing Event Forum Thread for more information. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Community Event: Catnip Games PvP Collections Tourney
Greetings Avatars! A new PvP developer run event is upon us!
- Where: Paladis Shardfull
- When: July 11th 10AM CT (30 minute event)
Once we get a feel for how long it takes me to pull and organize the data, we might see making these 1 hour events in the future.
To enter, please reply to this thread with the following information:
- Your Character Name
- Your Planned Objective (see below)
OBJECTIVES: These are the objectives possible for players. Each registered competitor can select only one objective. Bonus objectives listed further below are available to everyone. Points per objective might be adjusted as we approach the date of the event. You can change your chosen objective up to 1 day before the event. Keep in mind, the more people taking a single objective makes it less valuable.
- Dungeoneer (1 pt): loot Granite Blocks from either Obsidian Golems or Granite Nodes.
- Plant Slayer (3 pts): loot Chaos Plant Pollen from either the Redthorn Flowers or the Flesh Flayers.
- Tree Chopper (3pts): loot Maple Wood from chopped down maple trees.
- Master Gatherer (3pts): loot Raw Cotton from Cotton Plants.
- Ebon Slayer (4 pts): loot Lesser Staves from Ebon Cultist Wizards.
- Master of Mayhem (NA): Unregistered players simply on a kill fest, no prizes available.
BONUS OBJECTIVES: These objectives are available to everyone. Do not select these as your main objective. You can do these in addition to your main objective chosen above.
- Deathmonger (1 pt): loot a body part off of a player.
- Mushroom Lover (5 pts): loot gold ore from the Paxillus Involutus fungus creature rare spawn.
- Daemon Slayer (15 pts): loot a Daemon Hoof from the Dolorast Vrul rare spawn.
- Points are earned upon each loot of the creature/node per the guide above. You are awarded points for the loot action, not the # of items within the loot. For instance, if you loot an Obsidian Golem and he has 2 Granite Blocks on him, that’s still 1 point for the kill and successful loot of granite. It is NOT a per/item point system, it’s related to a per kill/harvest action.
PRIZES: The following prizes are available. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. All prizes are no-trade. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Trophies and Participation Trophies (tabletop version) are depicted in this video:
- 1st Place: Large PvP Shard Trophy, Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed
- 2nd Place: Medium PvP Shard Trophy, Obsidian Streetlamp 6-Pack
- 3rd Place: Small PvP Shard Trophy, Obsidian Sentinel Dragon Statue
- Participation: Tabletop Participation Shard Trophy
Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for attendees of the PvP and Fishing events, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. After the first week of these events, likely there will be a pause for planning before additional weeks start rolling in.
CROSSOVER / SPINOFF PRIZES OR EVENTS: The following prizes or events are offered by players in an attempt to “sweeten the pot” of prizes offered by the developers:
- @Spinok is has sent in 3 Hearts of Vrul to go to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners
For more information or to register for this event, please see the main forum post on the official forums.
Community Event: Beran’s Reach Artwork Revealed
A member of the Beran’s Reach community has released the first in a series of art pieces depicting various aspects of life in the Megalopolis of Beran’s Reach. Kumakaze’s work is a splendid example of the creativity abounding within our community. This particular art piece is of the main entrance by the central market. Beran’s Reach has a fantastic design clearly proving the dedication and time the governor and stewards have instilled upon their beloved town and residents. Be sure to go to the original forum post on this topic from Duke Vallas and offer your comments of appreciation for this wondrous art!
Community Event: Lord British’s Birthday & Release 79 Celebration
By Royal Warrant, Virtue/Avatars Radio presents the Release 79 Dance Party & Stress Test
Location: Immortal City at Toff’s Premiere Nightclub, Chaotica
Host: DJ Darkstarr (a.k.a. Starr Long)
When: Saturday, July 11th, 1PM – 3PM CT
Come out and sport some awesome dance moves, trade emotes and recipes, chat with friends, launch off fireworks and simply have a lot of fun! For more information, check out the main forum post on the official forums. If you’d like to learn how YOUR town can become a site for upcoming Release Dance Parties, find out here!
Community Event: Lys & Novia Market Enigma
The Enigma event is now live! The goal is pretty simple : 2 sheets with riddles have been hidden, 1 in Robyn Hood’s town Novia Market, the other in Lys Market. You need to find these riddles and solve the enigma. To enter the contest, you need to find both sheets and send your final answer via in game mail to Terrence Phillip (Co-Owner of Lys Market).
Ends: August 3rd, 9PM CT
Where: Lys Market & Novia Market
When we receive your answer, if it is correct, you will be entered in the lottery for a chance to win one of our awesome prizes! The prizes will be drawn the 3rd of August at 9PM CT! Bjorn Dyonisys will be conducting the drawing on his town lot in Lys Market.
Main Prize: 1 Row Lot Deed with a Viking 2-Story Row Home
More prizes and information are available on the event announcement post in the official forums.
Community Event: The Beat of Novia in Crystal Cove
Virtue/Avatars Radio presents The Beat of Novia! The Beat of Novia is an Electronic & Dance Music Radio Show on Avatars Radio Simulcasted on Virtue Radio and Twitch TV every Friday night from your venues!
Location: Crystal Cove
Host: DJ Alleine Dragonfyre
When: Friday, 8PM CT
For more information, check out the main forum thread on the official forums.
Community Event: Black Sails Saga – From the New Lands
Another chapter of the Black Sails Saga has begun, Avatars! When the creative minds of CatherineRose and friends start writing a new chapter, it can mean only one thing — adventure awaits thee! Typically, these stories start as forum story writing and role-play, which then work their way into the game as role-playing adventures. Upon the chapter’s end, a giant battle between players usually takes place, so be sure to get involved now. Ready thine quills and ink, oh pirates of New Britannia, for a grand player-made adventure awaits thee! For more information, please contact CatherineRose for an invite to the planning conversations on the forums.
Months before this day ………..
A spy for our Black Sails had given a message to one of the guards to warn us that as the great leader @Antrax Artek was leaving his headquarters with his army and as he made his way toward the battle which was underway in Blood Bay, a strange purple mist began to overtake the army.
As the spy looked on with horror he saw one by one of each of the soldiers fall to the ground. Their bodies began to shake as if a great monster were picking each up and violently throwing each into the air.
Upon falling to the ground they did not move from any position whether arms were out stretched or bent into grotesque shapes.
All succumbed in like manner even the great Antrax himself as well.
The next strange and frightening thing to happen was that each of the soldiers beginning with Antrax woke. They stood up at attention as if ready for orders to be given. Yet they were in some kind of stupor or trance.
Antrax turned, in this trance as well, and shouted orders to his army.
“We are to battle in Blood Bay. You will kill all living avatars except for any in our own army, Antax Army.
You will kill all Pirates as well as all Obsidians.
Let their blood reach from the edge of the cursed water’s of Blood Bay across the battle ground
until it flows and touches the mountains .
Let no one escape your sword.”
“Show no mercy.”
Antrax and his army did just that. Blood ran deep from all this death. The deadly purple mist affected all who marched through it. No one was spared. Mass confusion took place as well. No one that day had the ability to think like a fighter. No one that day could distinguish allies from enemies.
In time the purple mist cleared from the survivors bodies. Antrax and his army returned to his headquarters.
The Black Sails and Allies who survived, that were able, began to train for the next battle. We knew we would never retreat.
We would never give up the goal of having peace.
The evil Obsidians had again used the powerful knowledge they possess to continue their quest to control and then to destroy all of Novia.
However,we knew our purpose would l not be thwarted.
We repaired our ships, bandaged our wounded.
We also, sadly buried the many dead.
I received, from one of my guards this message
which was intercepted by one of our spies:
“I, Lord of a Obsidians, Master of all the World, now order you bring together our most feared fighters as well as the strongest of the trained animals which are scattered about Novia. Bring them to the Underworld under the purple mist in Blood Bay where the four rivers of Lava meet. Antrax and his army along with The pirates and allies are working to becoming again. Ha! They will not be strong enough to go against the mighty Obsidians.. We will go to the place called Malus and stop them from crossing into their new lands… (continues on the forums)
Darkstarr and the Rodasurf team also dazzled us with another interview which aired on Spectrum News not too long ago! The RodaSurf board is an accessory to the Onewheel XR device. Simply snap and lock the Onewheel into RodaSurf’s latching system, and you’ll be surfing the streets before you know it! For the full article PLUS a fantastic video, be sure to head straight over to the Spectrum News Website and see our beloved Lord of Chaos show off his latest venture!
Project to Support – Jar Wars
While you are delving into Virtual Reality (VR), be sure to check out this exciting and hilarious new game, Jar Wars! Our very own Darkstarr has been busy on some side projects, one of which is Jar Wars, a slapstick multiplayer game made just for VR enthusiasts. Battle your friends with wacky weapons and intriguing gadgets for total domination of the Moon! Available for free on Steam!
Project to Support – Dragon Fight
Darkstarr has also been hard at work with the team for Dragon Fight VR which recently went live on Steam! Dragon Fight VR is an internal experiment to capture the “essence” of a dragon fight, the classic penultimate experience of every fantasy story. We wanted to create a short visceral, realistic experience stripped of user interface, lobbies, scores, levels, and other visual intrusions that might distract. There were some key elements of fighting a dragon that we wanted to capture and we felt VR was uniquely qualified to convey:
- Face to face with a large scale hostile creature trying to kill you
- Using a sword and a shield
- Nowhere to run!
This started out as an internal experiment to learn some things about VR’s capabilities, be reductionist in our designs, etc. We felt that the experiment was successful enough to release as a free experience to share. Enjoy! Available for free on Steam!
Project to Support – Crowfall
Be part of shaping the next great MMO by becoming a Crowfall Backer! Crowfall is the first and only online Throne War game. You can win. Join intense PvP battles that demand strategy, survival and a fierce competitive spirit. Reap the spoils of war as an Eternal Champion!
Claim virtual territory on behalf of your guild or faction. Capture mines, mills, and quarries to secure resources, build castles, and besiege your neighbors. Scavenge artifacts and relics from the Dying Worlds and install them in your temples to grant blessings to your vassals. Capture lost spirits to do your bidding — or bind them into your weapons to infuse them with sorcerous power!
Project to Support – Avatar Express
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no committment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immidiate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources – Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.