Greetings Fellow Avatars!
This week’s update takes us into a sneak peek at Tanglemire! Located in Mistrendur, this new town/adventure scene is for Episode 2 Access holders, and will be the first new town scene for Epsiode 2! For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Tanglemire Sneak Peek!
- Lord British Birthday Q&A Friday Livestream!
- Crowns, Deeds & Two Hour Flash Sales!
- Double EXP Continues!
- New Vault Round!
- New Store Additions: Lord British 2020 Birthday Cake, Stiletto Heels & More!
- July Login Reward: Picnic Table & Bench Set!
- R79 Reward Program Login Items: Lord British & Summer Theme!
- Streaming Reward Program
- Recent Shroud of the Avatar Livestreams
- Lord of the Isle Episode 2 Bundles
- Upcoming Events Calendar
- Meretz: Win an Ornate Greenhouse 4-Story Row Home (No Trade)
- Community Event: Catnip Games Weekly Fishing Tourney
- Community Event: Catnip Games PvP Collections Tourney
- Community Event: Black Rose Chronicles 9
- Community Event: Lord British’s Birthday & Release 79 Celebration
- Community Event: Fireworks, Giveaways, and Fun!
- Community Event: Virtue Radio Weekly Schedule!
- Community Event: Black Sails Saga – From the New Lands
- Project to Support: Rodasurf
- Project to Support: Jar Wars
- Project to Support: Dragonfight
- Project to Support: Crowfall
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
Tanglemire is one of the upcoming new town scenes coming to Episode 2 Access holders! Inhabited by a deeply superstitious Norgardian-style populace, the people of Tanglemire protect their borders with Spirit Warders that impede the incursion of creatures from Spindelskog. The shadow-like beasts from within that nearby darkened wood infect their weary minds with crippling dread. The people of Tanglemire are ruled by a group of “elders” struggling to preserve their village, but how long can they delay the inevitable demise of their beleaguered settlement? What aid might an Avatar bring to a people so burdened by doubt and fear?
“Life is a never-ending struggle for Tanglemire, a fading outpost in the north of Mistrendur virtually abandoned by the Norgard Empire. Surrounded by freezing cold, deadly swamps, and a haunted wood, it’s no wonder that the desperate locals have turned to unusual means for protection. But how long will their decaying “spirit warders” keep them safe from the untold horrors that threaten these peaceful people?”
The outskirts of Tanglemire, in similar fashion to Valhold, will feature a variety of enemies to defeat and challenges to overcome. Much of the Tanglemire content will ultimately land somewhere in the middle of the Mistendur storyline, but upon release, Tanglemire will still feature an initial quest. Additional quests will be added as more Episode 2 content is released in the time ahead.
Lord British Birthday Q&A Friday Livestream!
Another weekly Community Livestream is this Friday, July 3rd at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and Richard “Lord British” Garriott de Cayeux, and other development team members for a community 1 hour livestream!
Be sure to pop by to wish Lord British a very happy birthday!
To enter the prize drawings, type “happy birthday Lord British” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website add-on store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM CT!
Crowns, Deed Upgrades & Two Hour Flash Sales!
In celebration of Lord British’s birthday, various sales will begin on Friday morning and extend throughout the holiday. Crowns will be on sale for 20% off. Deed Upgrades will be 30% off! To upgrade a deed, place the deed into your inventory, then right-click the deed to reveal upgrade options. But that’s not all! Two Hour Flash Sales will also commence on Friday morning! So watch your clocks, Avatars! A new batch of 9 sale items will rotate into the in-game Crown Store every 2 hours!
Players have until Monday, July 6th at 1PM CT to take advantage of these great discounts, at which time all 3 sales events expire. Happy shopping, Avatars!
Double EXP Continues!
Head out into the lands of New Britannia and charge headlong into the dangers therein, Avatars! For the near future, Shroud of the Avatar players will receive double experience points (EXP) for their endeavors in Adventure and Crafting! Please take advantage of the extra experience points! Stay home, stay safe and explore New Britannia!
New Vault Round!
The current round of Vault items are available until Thursday, July 9th at Noon CT. At that time, the next round of 9 items will be available for two weeks, and then the next, etc.
- Wood & Plaster 2-Story with Front Porch Town Home
- Jester Carnival Mask
- Black & Chrome Ornate Aeronaut Outfit
- Kobold 2-Story with Rooftop Deck Village Home
- Kobold 3-Story with Open Deck Town Home
- Question Stovepipe Hat
- Large Knight’s tent
- Small Obsidian Obelisk
- Fireworks 45-Piece Assortment 1
New Store Additions: Lord British Birthday Cake, Stiletto Heels & More!
This year’s Lord British Birthday cake has arrived! When used, this wondrous cake creates 4 cupcakes, also unique to the 2020 birthday celebration! Tear up the dance floors, Avatars! The new Stiletto Heels are a perfect addition to any wardrobe worthy of a night out with friends. Also, cooks now have a wondrous second option for a crafting station style — the BBQ Smoker Cooking Station! Just perfect for the outdoor BBQ with fellow Avatars! This new cooking station will become available very shortly. For the Avatars seeking to display pipes throughout their properties, two new Steam Pipe 10-Packs are available on the Crown Store! Thick and thin varieties of pipes can now extend throughout your dungeons, basements, homes, and towns as a wonderful display of technology!
- 2020 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- Stiletto Heals – Low Slung with Straps
- BBQ Smoker Cooking Station
- Aviator Glasses
- Horn-Rimmed Glasses
- Rectangular Glasses
- Round Glasses
Also, we’re scouring the realm for items that have long been missing from the store. Many items are being loaded into the Vault and will rotate in periodically which will be announced each week as they go live, but here’s a small glimpse of additional items becoming permanently available for purchase:
- Aggressive Spider 3-Pack
- Attacking Spider 3-Pack
- Still Spider 3-Pack
- Blue Tile Roof 2-Story Row House
- Blue Tile Roof 3-Story Row House
- Rustic 2-Story Village Home
- Rustic 2-Story with Balcony Village Home
- Rustic 2-Story with Loft Village Home
- Gift Boxes 3-Pack
- Silver Clockwork Armor
- Silver Clockwork Armor Pattern Pack
- Smoke Virtue Emote