Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Release 103 goes live June 30th at 10:30 AM CDT.
Welcome! The Catnip Games development team marks this monthly release of Shroud of the Avatar with new content and improvements. For Release 103 (R103), we offer a new underground scene, Grusk Factory, and the return of the Make a Difference store.
For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Player Guide and Known Issues for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes.
- New Scene: Grusk Factory
- The Return of the Make a Difference Store
- Release 103 Patch Notes
- Latest News and Q&A July Livestreams
- Sales and Bonus Events
- Release 103 Subscriber Login Rewards
- July Login Rewards
- Crown Store Updates
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Streamer Program
- Upcoming Release Dates
- Community Events & Resources
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Embers Adrift
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
New Scene: Grusk Factory
Grusk is a bustling community tended by countless automatons in a variety of roles. The continuous demand for them, locally as well as for export, is met by the underground Grusk Factory: the largest clockwork manufacturing facility in the world! Business is booming and new caverns are being bored even now to expand the growing workspace.
Unfortunately, the Factory has suspended tours during its blasting operations for the safety of the crew. Outlanders with Episode 2 access attempting to tour the Factory will be treated as intruders. Should you and your party plan a self-guided visit to this tier 8+ scene from the Factory yard in Grusk, be aware: with so many moving parts, there’s bound to be some dangers. Visitors to the Factory should wear suitable protective gear and be mindful of tricky hazards. Finally, engineers crawling back from the newest tunnels have babbled about unspeakable horrors! …but such things would be in the newest tunnels, far from the production floors any Avatar would be interested in seeing.
The Return of the Make a Difference Store
Charity items are returning to the web store starting July 1st (the first day of the year’s third quarter). Each quarter, 20% of the proceeds from these items will be donated to the relevant charities. The few charity items that were in the in-game Crown store have been moved to the web store. When it’s active, the store can be reached here.
List of Make a Difference store items:
Autism Awareness Charity
- Blue Standing Torches
- Epic Puzzle Tree
- Juggle Blue Torches Emote
- Puzzle 4-Pack
- Puzzle Package
- Puzzle Pattern Cloak
- Puzzle Piece Blue Floor Lantern
- Puzzle Piece Blue Wall Sconce
- Puzzle Tree 6-Pack
- Puzzle Tree Cloak
- Tabletop Puzzle Tree 3-Pack
Breast Cancer Charity
- Countach Package
- Countach Phonograph
- Countach Pink Dye 12-Pack
- Countach Wax Cylinders
- Countach: An Album Cover
- Juggle Pink Lights Emote
- Pink Dual Wax Cylinder Phonograph with Emotes
- Pink Electric Katana (to be added in the near future)
- Pink Electric Katana Pattern Pack (to be added in the near future)
- Pink Electric Sword
- Pink Electric Sword Pattern Pack
- Shooter Jennings Heraldry Art
Children & Family Charities
- Doctor’s Outfit
- Doctor’s Outfit Pattern Pack
- Exodus by Helen Garriott
- Hospital Decorations Set
- Hospital Mega Set
- Hospital Sign 9-Pack
- Hospital Wearables Set
- Nurse’s Outfit
- Nurse’s Outfit Pattern Pack
- Ornate Head Bandage
- Ornate Head Bandage Pattern Pack
- Ornate Hospital Bed
- Ornate Hospital Cloth Room Dividers
- Ornate Hospital Gown
- Ornate Hospital Gown Pattern Pack
- Ornate IV Stand
- Ornate Surgical Tray with Instruments
- Ornate Wheelchair
- Skylab Dish by Helen Garriott
- Moustache Cloak
- Moustache Helm
- Moustache Helm Pattern Pack
- Moustache Shield
- Moustache Shield Pattern Pack
- Earth Magic Cloak
- Reaper Sapling
Safe Water and Sanitation Charity
- Kobold Indoor Toilet
- Ornate Outhouse
- Rain Emote
- Water Magic Cloak
- Water Package
- Water.org Charity Mega Set
- Water.Org Fur Collared Cloak
- Water.Org Glowing Mug
- Wishing Well
Release 103 Patch Notes
Below are a list of the updates that are live as of Release 103 in the game of Shroud of the Avatar! R103 is a content month. Polish, additional improvements, and bug fixes are inbound for R104 next month. We hope you enjoy the changes that are live today as of Release 103!
Crafting, Decoration, & Inventory Item Changes:
- Added food recipes for the recently-added fetid fish: Barramundi, Tigerfish, and Araipama. SOTA-70565
- Set Bottle of Wine deco to be stackable. SOTA-70596
- Adjusted the 2022 cupcakes to also have slight learning speed bonus.
- Added instructions in the descriptions of Recall and Teleport scrolls.
- Reduced size of fishing dead zones and and changed dead zone depth to relate to fishing skill.
- Adjusted cost of Altar Lockbox recipe: increased iron bindings cost and tier of wood. SOTA-70599
- Made Acara’s Shield legacy version placeable as deco. SOTA-70032
- Fixed incorrect regeneration bonus on confection eggs.
- Fixed incorrect channel weight for Oyster Potpie. SOTA-69775
Combat & Skill Changes:
- Changed some summons’ stats/skills to balance them with other, stronger summons:
- Daemon – Chaos bolt damage has been increased. Attunements and fire damage over time sub-effects will now scale with chaos mastery. Strength of daemon has been slightly reduced. Movement speed has slightly increased.
- Fire Elemental – Added a chance to add fire damage over time with fire elemental attack. Dexterity increased.
- Air Elemental – Air elemental attack will now have a chance to stun their opponent. Strength, intelligence, and dexterity have also been increased.
- Phoenix – Damage has been significantly increased and the phoenix will now have a chance to blind enemies, reducing their damage avoidance. Strength, dexterity, and intelligence have been increased.
- Ice Elemental – Range of attack has been reduced from 2 to 1 so elemental will move closer to enemies when hitting. The ice elemental now has a chance to add a slow movement debuff to their opponents.
- A pass has been done on tamed pets. The high critical damage of tamed pet has been reduced. To compensate for the lost damage, tamed pets will now have their critical damage multiplier scale with taming mastery and the tamed pet’s adventure level. The strength of pets has also been increased and scaled, which gives more base damage. Note that this only affects tamed pets, not summoned creatures.
- More changes will be coming in the next patch for tames and summons to complete this work.
- The pet damage bonus from the pet gear component “iron studded strip” would previously give about 15 damage each strip, so would give a total of 45 damage per piece of gear. This has been significantly reduced to give about 15 damage for each piece of gear. Meanwhile, bronze studded strip’s critical hit damage multiplier has been significantly increased from 2% to 10% for each strip, so goes from 6% a piece to 30% per piece of gear. This affects both tamed pets and summoned creatures.
- Renamed “Tame Attack Precision” which was found on some taming equipment to “Tame Critical Hit Chance.”
- Increased pet perma-death timer so it’s not the same as the player resurrection timer. SOTA-70526
- Encumbrance will no longer affect players in PvP battlegrounds.
- Fixed a visual issue with using items that scale character height while mounted.
User Interface, Store Information, & Lua Changes:
- Added a loading tip about placing Recall Scrolls in your toolbar.
- Added a scrollbar to the text area of the post-game feedback form and a checkbox to hide the form in the future.
- Added links in the feedback form to the bug forum and to Discord.
- Fixed a rare null exception that prevented the character sheet from being filled upon loading a scene.
- Fixed journal UI when completing a task.
- Added ShroudIsSoundPlaying function to Lua.
- Fixed the volume setting of a sound when played with Lua.
- The creation date of certain items like fish will now show NBT time like in game.
- Fixed exceptions related to claiming rewards in offline mode.
- Salt will now show as Salt Deposit in scene information pop-ups. SOTA-70521
- Vendors that have no name set by the player (use the default name) will now show a compass marker when using the Get Directions button in the zone vendor listings. SOTA-70577
- Fixed a typo in the virtue balloon’s store listing. SOTA-70523
World and Quest Changes:
- Placed fireworks for Lord British’s birthday on the overworld over many of the major cities and automated them to always display during the first weekend of July.
- Novia and Mistrendur: Improved some ambient sounds. SOTA-70547
- Added some additional songs to some scenes.
- Created new kobold banners and added them to the major kobold communities.
- Removed extra Altar Lockbox recipe from merchants.
- Updated Town Crier conversation to explain binding and improved the associated yes/no phrases.
- Updated some of the Helpful Automatons’ keywords and responses.
- Aerie: Added a compass marker for Bunker T. SOTA-70605
- Aerie: Fixed typos in responses of Oakie Lawrence.
- Blood River Outskirts: Updated journal and tasks related to Alberic’s task to help refugees, including adding specifics to mention “help” to NPCs. Added tips to mention “help” to NPCs on a loading screen and in the Player Guide. SOTA-70568
- Blood River Outskirts: Corrected a bandit name to “Vigilante.” SOTA-70594
- Blood River Outskirts: Fixed a stuck spot in the wilderness. SOTA-70593
- Castle Atos: Created new banners and added new decorations for special events. Added pennants in preparation for Lord British’s birthday. Changed celebration decorations to be automated “Timed Events.”
- Caverns of Skrekk: Updated Korabar’s and Krishach’s conversations to help clear the “Speak with Krishach” task. Improved the tasks and compass markers related to Korabar’s ‘finale.’ Players with a lingering “Speak with Krishach” task should be able to speak with the “after” version of Korabar to clear it. SOTA-70548
- Caverns of Skrekk: Fixed a typo in one of Korabar’s required responses.
- Desolis: Updated compass marker used for the Loreley’s Sketchbook tasks. SOTA-70601
- Elysium Mines: Added a milling station and coal to the scene.
- Elysium Mines: Fixed pathing on a silver ore node. SOTA-70554
- Grusk: Added a compass marker for the Grusk Factory entrance.
- Grusk: Fixed multiple ladders that had lower targets which were below the ground. SOTA-70592
- Grusk Factory: Removed “Factory Steward” title from enemy mushrooms. SOTA-70608
- Grusk Factory: Added a switch to help exit the ‘two-person’ room. SOTA-70602
- Grusk Factory: Adjusted a doorway that was too low for tall characters. SOTA-70607
- Grusk Factory: Blocked a stuck spot behind a wooden platform. SOTA-70612
- Grusk Factory: Closed a gap in the tunnel wall. SOTA-70610
- Grusk Factory: Fixed z-fighting on a wall in the processing room. SOTA-70611
- Highvale Outskirts: Updated the compass marker for returning an obsidian elf bow to Horatio to be “Give Bow to Horatio.” SOTA-70590
- Highvale Outskirts: Updated the quest compass markers for Sven’s magical copper ore quest. SOTA-70595
- Highvale Outskirts: Fixed several typos in journal entries. SOTA-70591
- Hills Encounter: Activated Aether Dragons.
- Kingsport Sewers: Fixed several prison doors and their switches that had shifted. SOTA-70553
- Kobold Expeditionary Camp: Fixed an issue where players would prematurely get a task by killing Mongo when not in the proper quest stage. SOTA-70545
- Lamech’s Bazaar and South Midmaer Way: Moved lanterns from atop destructable objects to solid platforms. SOTA-70575
- Lord British’s Castle: Fixed an occlusion issue so some windows can be seen through.
- Lord British’s Castle: Updated loading screen image.
- Midmaer Passage: Fixed issues with the water visuals. SOTA-70546
- Necropolis Barrens: Cotton nodes are now correctly set for Tier 5. Fixed an unharvestable letter node. SOTA-70559, SOTA-70555
- Norgard Fens: Improved the collision and path grid within a kobold room to prevent NPCs being pushed through the walls. SOTA-70556
- Norgard Fens: Moved a floating tree to the ground and improved some of the pathing in the kobold outpost. SOTA-70589
- Northwood: Smoothed the material transition on terrain near a certain housing lot to remove a visible line. SOTA-70551
- Resolute: Godbert should no longer give players the “Get Report from Cyannis” task if they already have the report or have already turned it in. Also, updated the task so that if it lingers in the UI it has a better chance to automatically archive itself when the avatar changes scenes. SOTA-70573
- Ruins of Ravensmoor: Fixed an issue with spiders getting stuck on rubble. SOTA-70558
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Approaching the shack near the swamp now pops up a message warning the avatar to exit combat before they approach to avoid accidentally attacking the resident. The message can appear only once each day. The associated task completes when you talk to Hartley or stand next to the shack.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Fixed a black pearl node so it can be harvested. SOTA-70557
- Solania Catacombs: Added combat barks and loot to Mistress Valdis. SOTA-70606
- Tanglemire: Updated loading screen image.
- The Obsidian Trials: Fixed small errors in the responses from the trader NPC.
- Ulfheim: Updated the colors used by Banamathr the dragon.
- Valhold Palace: Moved a camera target used by Grannus to stop his conversation from being blocked. SOTA-70552
- Valhold Palace: Removed “line of sight” requirement for Grannus’ conversations. SOTA-70552
Player-Owned Town Changes:
- Fet City: Removed POT from game.
- Pumpkinville: Changed name from Bodega of Blood. Changed biome to Tropical Island 01.
- Shearwater Island: Upgraded to Town from Crossroads Village.
Latest News and Q&A July Livestreams
There will be a livestream every Friday this Release, with the 15th’s being an extended session with Lord British!
The post-release Community Livestream is Friday, July 1st at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other members of the development team for a 1-hour community livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “Happy Birthday Lord British” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website Add-On Store.
Please submit questions using in-game universal chat by typing “askadev” before your question. We’ll do our best to answer these questions live on the stream, and we’ll even be periodically posting answers to some unanswered questions in the forums. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4PM CT!
Atos and other members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team go live frequently on twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar — be sure to get the channel on follow for notifications so you can join us right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel. Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at all our social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/shroudoftheavatar
Sales and Bonus Events
To commemorate the birth of Lord British:
- Double XP will be turned on until end-of-day July 4th. It will also be turned on for the extended livestream with Lord British on July 15th, lasting through end-of-day July 18th.
- Crowns of the Obsidians will be 20% off through July 18th.
- Crown store items and deed upgrades will be 30% off for the whole of Release 103.
- Player Owned Town upgrades for Crowns of the Obsidians will be 20% off for the whole of Release 103. These upgrades may only be initiated by an email to Support.
Also watch for specific sales happening each weekend!
Release 103 Subscriber Login Rewards
Subscribers, sate yourself on storage, sugar, and shine. The Rewards Program login items for Release 103 include a Redwood Display Table (with container), 2 Long Candlesticks, 2 Small Candlesticks, and a set of 2022 Cupcakes.
Subscribers to the Rewards Program must log in during Release 103 to receive these special login items.
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items! For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (about 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- 21 Months: Keeper of the Bond
- 24 Months: Keeper of the Promise
- 27 Months: Keeper of the Covenant
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of these 7 Obsidian Potions every month:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
- Potion of Stamina: Decreases focus use from sprinting
- While subscribed to the rewards program, players also receive these special bonuses:
- Obsidian Potions are significantly more powerful!
- 24 Additional Deck Slots!
July Login Reward
In honor of Lord British’s Birthday, each account that logs in during the month of July will receive a one-time gift of half a dozen slices of Lord British Birthday Cake and half a dozen Fireworks (Red-White-Blue Missiles).
Crown Store Updates
New in the crown store for release day:
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2022
Arriving July 19th:
- Redwood Display Table
- Small Candlestick 4-Pack
- Long Candlestick 4-Pack
The Lord British store items are available until Friday August 5th:
- 2014 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2016 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2017 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2018 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2019 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2020 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2021 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- 2022 Lord British Replenishing Birthday Cake
- Lord British Basement Entrance Eternal Pattern
- Lord British Cloak
- Lord British Fur Collared Cloak
- Lord British Moondial
- Lord British Pavers
- Lord British Round Table
- Lord British Salute Emote
- Lord British Shield
- Lord British Shield Pattern Pack
The Summer Seasonal store items are available until Sunday September 25th:
- Firedancer Outfit
- Fire Dance Emote
- Fire Dance Cross Emote
- Flame Scimitar
- Flame Shield
- Flame Stained Glass Table Lamp 3-Pack
- Flaming Bagpipes
- Hula Emote
- Island Spear
- Island Flower Crown
- Island Dress
Bug Brigade & Testing Directives!
The Bug Brigade was established to improve how the community and the development team work together to improve the game. Since the Brigade’s inception, the program has gone through a number of changes and was eventually placed on hold. The stability of the game is as important to the development team as it is to the players, therefore the program was revamped and was relaunched.
The Brigade has been up and running and the volunteers (Alley Oop, Echondas, and Justyn) are in a good rhythm for verifying and submitting bugs to the developers. If you have reported a bug that has not yet been addressed, please be patient while the backlog is being worked. The Brigade is working diligently to clean up the backlog of bug reports posted by players on the forums.
Every month, a considerable amount of development time will be spent working many of the verified bugs which have been submitted to the team by the Bug Brigade. This focused effort on bug fixes would not be possible without the recent efforts of the Bug Brigade. Please take the time to thank these bug hunting aficionados when you encounter them in your travels!
In turn, the development team would like to express a big thank you to the Bug Hunters! These community members are doing a fantastic job bringing so many bug reports to the team, and they’re doing it in a way which makes the process smooth and efficient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Much improvement has been noticed by the development team and we’re so very excited to see the program’s continued success!
The development team would also like to thank all of those who take time to participate in QA Testing Directives. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, many issues and bugs can be identified and fixed prior to content going to the Live Server! Keep up the great work! For those that wish to participate in future bug hunting endeavors, please check the forums regularly for upcoming QA Testing Directives.
Don’t forget, the Bug Brigade is open to all players in good standing and bug rewards are SWEET! They will be awarded on a monthly progression basis with only minimal requirements to qualify. The available rewards to receive in progression via qualifying participation are as follows:
- Antennae Head Gear and Forum Title 1: “Bug Hunter”
- Single Ant Cloak
- Lady Bug Backpack
- Bug Painting A and In-Game Title 2: “Associate of Aphids”
- Ant Farm
- Insect Leg Table
- Many Ants Cloak and In-Game Title 3: “Bachelor of Beetles”
- Bug Painting B
- Bug Sprayer and /bugspray Emote
- Bug Painting C and In-Game Title 4: “Master of Moths”
- Butterfly Chair
- Corpion Chair (Pictured Below)
- Yellow Fireflies VFX and In-Game Title 5: “Doctor of Dragonflies”
- Hacked Oracle Flyer
- Giant Blue Butterfly Pet
- Butterfly Mask
- Dragonfly pet
- Fairy Wings
- Monarch Butterfly Pet
- Dragonfly Wings
- Hacked Oracle Crawler
- Blue Butterfly VFX
- Orange Fireflies VFX
- Orange Butterfly VFX
If you’ve come to think of Shroud of the Avatar as your home, sign up and help make New Britannia a better place to live! To learn more about joining the Bug Brigade, please read the announcement thread by Ravalox in the main Bug/Feedback forums.
Streamers of Shroud of the Avatar can participate in a program to showcase the game and be rewarded for their efforts. Any Streamer who wishes to be included in the Streamer Program can contact Laney via in-game mail with their Character Name and Twitch Channel information. If you have already signed up for the program in the past, fear not: you’re on the list and you don’t need to reapply.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must adhere to our Terms of Service (TOS) and Community Rules while Streaming Shroud of the Avatar.
Streaming Rewards Program participants must stream at least 10 hours of Shroud of the Avatar ACTIVE game play to remain in the program with reward accrual.
Streamers will receive a one-time digital reward of in-game items after meeting the program’s requirements: Streamer’s Cloak, Streamer’s Camera, and the LIVESTREAMING title.
- To qualify for Streamer Rewards, each streamer must continue to meet the minimum requirements for 60 days after application.
- To accrue additional rewards, Streamers must stream SotA a minimum of 10 hours per month, tallied on the 1st day of each month, to remain in the program.
Monthly Streamer Bundles:
On the 1st of each month, qualifying streamers will be eligible to receive 50 Streamer Bundles. Bundles will be sent out to Streamers via in-game mail.
A few things you need to know:
- Streamer Bundles are intended to be given away to stream viewers, not consumed by the streamer.
- Streamers are not allowed to put paywalls in place for the Streamer Bundles. (For example, giving away Streamer Bundles once the stream reaches a certain number of bits, subscriptions, or donations).
Other Items of Note:
- Streamers in the program will be included in the SotAbot StreamPop function, appearing in the player-streaming channel in Discord.
- An optional “Streamers Kit” is available to the participating streamers as well as all players of Shroud of the Avatar, which includes graphics, overlays and other material.
- Streamers must be actively playing the game during their streams. Being away from the keyboard (AFK) for short periods is acceptable. If Twitch indicates the streamer is playing SotA but they are streaming other content or a timeout/login screen, they risk being removed from the program.
Upcoming Release Dates
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums. The upcoming 2022 Release Schedule is as follows:
- This Release 103 – June 30 (Content)
- Release 104 – July 28 (Polish)
- Release 105 – August 25 (Polish)
- Release 106 – September 29 (Content)
- Release 107 – October 27 (Polish)
- Release 108 – November 17 (Polish)
- Release 102 – December 15 (Polish)
Community Events & Resources
Greetings event holders and event attendees! So many fun and exciting events are available in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to get out there and participate, make some new friends, perhaps make some great emote, recipe, or gear trades, or get some adventuring and role-playing into your mix! Here are spotlighted events or updated community resources that we’ve noticed popping up lately on the official forums.
Catnip Games Contests:
- Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney: Greetings Anglers! The monthly Catnip Games Fishing Tourney is live! Join in on the fun! The R103 Fishing Tournament runs from 01 Jul 2022 at 12:00 AM CDT (00:00) to 28 Jul 2022 at 11:59 PM CDT (23:59). Note that the R102 Tournament is still running for a few more hours until midnight on Release 103 day; you can still compete for the longest fish in the R102 tournament! Details for R103’s contest are posted here!
- Catnip Games Monthly Treasure Hunting Contest: Want to go hunting for rare items? Want to see if you can beat other players in this quest for treasure? Well join in on the monthly treasure hunting contest, Avatars! The R103 Treasure Hunt runs from 1 Jul 2022 at 12:00 AM CDT (00:00) to 28 Jul 2022 at 11:59 PM CDT (23:59). Note that the R102 Hunt is still running for a few more hours until midnight on Release 103 day; you can still compete in the R102 Hunt! Details for R103’s contest are posted here!
- Trash to Treasure Dropped Items Turn-In: Some unscrupulous fella has been flooding all of New Britannia with junk: Headdresses, Wings, Backpacks, assorted miscellany of every sort. It’s time to clean this trash up and so a bounty has been placed on all gear crafted by Coswald Dirthmire that is turned in each contest period!
- Lightbringer Isle Fishing Contest: Why not earn some extra prizes each month and participate in Lightbringer Isle’s monthly fishing tourney? Lots of fantastic prizes — don’t miss out!
- Combat & Crafting Sunday School: Head on over to Immortal City every Sunday from 7PM to 9PM CT to learn the tricks of the trade in combat and crafting!
- 500 Crown Leisurely Fishing: Sonja Solar and friends are running a continuous fishing contest in Brittany Fort “Now and Forever for All Eternity” which has wonderful prizes and objectives. You can now win 500 Crowns for record fishies caught in Brittany Fort by anybody at any time in history for display in Sonja Solar’s fishy aquarium museum. Be sure to watch the video indicated in the “Brittany Fort” link provided in the first post to see the full explanation of the contest rules.
- RHEC Traveling Pop-Up Fishing Contest: Keep an eye out in universe chat, trade chat, and the forums! Asmodi M’hul will routinely announces at least one pop-up fishing contest every week for those anglers out there anxious for extra prizes and fun!
- Lightbringer Isle Auction: Lightbringer Isle has changed their auction from weekly to monthly, to be held the Sunday after release at 11AM CT!
- Avatars-Virtue Radio Calendar: Just when are all those talented DJ’s and streamers broadcasting? Don’t just guess, check out there very helpful calendar! Never again will you wonder when’s the best time to tune in!
- NBNN Calendar: This calendar provides a great schedule for NBNN and WRFB programing as well as many other community events. If you’re a fan of the Laz & Jack show or even if you’re hoping to catch them in action for the first time, this is the calendar for you!
- SotA Event Calendar: Event participants, take heed! Thoryk Omara has done a wondrous job creating a community event calendar which is available to all players of Shroud of the Avatar. Please make an effort to support this new calendar. The more resources players have at their disposable for event notifications, the better!
Community Event Resources: Here are some fantastic resources for tracking down community events or posting your own events. Become involved! Create! Explore! Make friends! But most of all, have fun!
- One-Time Community Events Forum: Sometimes events happen only a single time, so you’ll not want to miss out on these events as they occur. Check out the forums routinely to spot these!
- Recurring Community Events Forum: Some events occur on weekly or monthly schedules which are a great way to routinely meet up with friends and to make new ones. Be sure to check this forum frequently for new events or time changes to existing ones.
- Game Master (GM) Potion Request Procedures: Shroud of the Avatar has an amazing in-game consumable for player event holders — the Potion of Temporary GM Powers! Players wishing to enhance their in-game community event by having GM Powers at their disposal need to simply follow the procedures outlined in this forum thread.
- Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests: Would you like to request a special trophy or renamed item for a player event you’ve created? Head on over to this thread to see what’s available and to obtain more information about request procedures.
- Player Radio Station Forum: If you want to check out the latest and greatest from our in-game radio stations, go to the radio stations forum! If you’re a DJ, be sure to advertise your time slot and venue in this forum.
- Player Livestreams & Videos Forum: If you’re searching for a Shroud Streamer to watch, head on over to the streamer forum! If you are a live streamer for Shroud of the Avatar, be sure to advertise your Shroud stream by posting in this forum.
- Town Directory Forum: Want to find a town to live in or get your town listed in the directory, head over to the forums and check it out!
- Guild Directory Forum: Looking for a guild or want to get yours posted in the guild directory? Head on over to the forums and check it out!
- Fire Lotus Tavern: This wondrous role-playing and story writing forum is the spot to be if you love fan fiction and role-play.
- Community Resources: Looking for links to community and official resources for Shroud of the Avatar? Well look no further. On this page you’ll find links to a plethora of helpful resources created by the dev team or the community.
SO many options to stay tuned-in with fellow community members. Please take advantage of all these wonderful options. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Project to Support: Shard RPG
Shard Studios invites you to enter the fantastic world Dárdünah, the vast shard of a shattered realm, as presented in the colorful pages of the SHARD RPG! Many years in the making, this system allows players to choose from a wide variety of animal people who are the main cast of the many adventures this otherworldly setting offers. Skyships glide through shimmering clouds past majestic crystal peaks. Giant insects prowl alien jungles or lurk in the sparkling emerald seas. Warriors with blades of diamond and amber duel across crimson sands. And mystics chant in shadowy chambers as their spirits wander abroad.
- Intro Sheet: For a quick glimpse into the world of Dárdünah, be sure to download the intro pdf! It’s packed with great information and features beautiful artwork, not unlike the artwork found throughout the many pages of this gaming system’s gorgeously designed manuals.
- Core System Manuals: It’s easier than ever to delve into Dárdünah, World of the False Dawn, with the Core Books Bundle! If you’ve never had the opportunity to experience this unique gaming system and setting, now’s your chance! This bundle includes two beautifully illustrated, full-color, hardcover books: the original Basic Compendium and the Magic and Martial Arts book! They contain everything you need to begin your adventures, and include instructions for the ritual magic and martial arts combat systems. These manuals also include 90 new Animal Templates upon which to base your character!
- Other Shard RPG Products: So many more manuals and gaming materials are available! Everything an avid tabletop role-player and game master needs to delve into the world of Dárdünah!
So if you’re ready to experience a gaming world like no other, check out what Shard Studios has created for tabletop role-players on the Shard RPG official website! You’ll most certainly be immersed and amazed by the offerings of the Shard RPG!
Project to Support: Embers Adrift!
Help support one of our team members’ other projects, Embers Adrift! While not yet live, they plan to release later this year and you can join the closed beta now by pre-ordering from embersadrift.com. Check out their newly released video here:
Project to Support: Avatar Express
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no commitment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immediate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources: Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.