Greetings Fellow Avatars!
Release 91 has arrived! Happy Birthday Lord British! A large variety of premium items are now on sale until July 5th! A new type of daily turn-in quest has been added to the game in the form of Storehouse Containers. Visit 9 different towns to explore the turn-in options available for up to 5 additional daily rewards. Imbued Gems and Jewels have been added with crafting and gathering bonuses which can be extracted by salvaging crafting and gathering related artifacts. MANY bug fixes, UI improvements, and quality of life improvements are now live! For those wishing to participate in any community activities, upcoming one-time and recurring community events have been announced! Be sure to also review the Players Guide and Known Issues list for additional information on recent changes and upcoming fixes. Now, let’s see what we have for you in this week’s edition of Update of the Avatar:
- Storehouse Container Daily Turn-In Quests!
- Release 91 Patch Notes!
- Lord British Birthday Sales Event!
- Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
- Crown Store: Lord British Birthday Cake 2021, Ruined Walls, Transformation Potions & More!
- July Login Reward: Beach Umbrella!
- Release 91 Subscriber Login Rewards: Lord British Telescope, Xenossian Bracers & Shield!
- Streamer Rewards Program
- Bug Brigade & Testing Directives
- Upcoming Release Dates
- Community Events & Resources
- Project to Support: Shard RPG
- Project to Support: Shadow of Valhalla
- Project to Support: Dragonfight
- Project to Support: Avatar Express
- Resources: Players Helping Players
A new type of daily turn-in quest has been added to the game in the form of Storehouse Containers! These containers are located in 9 different towns by their docks, with each town providing a variety of 5 containers to fill with player loot and crafting goods. Upon each turn-in, players will be rewarded a variety of rewards as follows: Grey or Yellow Supply Bundle Loot, Adventure/Production EXP, Gold, and a chance for a large variety of bonus rewards.
Each day, a single character may trade with any 4 Common Store House Containers. Common containers contain the same loot as a Grey Supply Bundle as well as additional bonus reward items from a newly added loot table. Also players will receive Adventurer and Production EXP from each turn-in and a small amount of gold. The bonus reward items are greatly varied and will not always be provided. The Common Storehouse Container bonus rewards and turn-in items are as follows:
- Ardoris, Harvest, Xenos: Bonus rewards are gear and decoration related crafting goods as well as items such as Ancient Essences. Players must turn in 150 Fabric Scrap, 150 Leather Scrap, 150 Metal Scrap, or 150 Wood Scrap.
- Brittany Wharfs, Broochash, Westend: Bonus rewards are consumable related crafting goods as well as items such as Elixirs of Longevity and Potency. Players must turn in 15 Cure Plague Potions, 150 Animal Bones, 150 Fat, or 150 Sinew.
- Mud, Port Graff, Storms Reach: Bonus rewards are agriculture and fishing related goods as well as rare chances to receive gathering related common artifacts. Players must turn in 15 Animal Hides, 150 Bone Powder, 150 Quartz, or 150 Small Balls of Clay.
Also each day, a single character may trade with 1 Uncommon Storehouse Container. In additional to other items, Uncommon containers always include same loot as a Yellow Supply Bundle. Players will also receive Adventurer and Production EXP from each turn-in and a larger amount of gold. There is also a significant chance to receive bonus rewards which are gear and decoration related crafting goods, but bonus reward items are greatly varied and will not always be provided. The Uncommon Storehouse Container turn-in items are as follows:
- Ardoris: 25 Sunfish
- Brittany Wharfs: 25 Tilapia
- Broochash: 25 Elven Brandy
- Harvest: 25 Anomalocaris
- Mud: 25 Mechanical Parts
- Port Graff: 25 Kobold Spirits
- Storms Reach: 25 Salmon
- Westend: 25 Maple Tree Bark
- Xenos: 25 Satyr Spirits
The Storehouse Container system was developed to provide a variety of possible benefits in the years to come as it continues to be expanded and enhanced:
- Login Reward: Upon logging into the game, some players might find that delivering their 5 Storage House Container turn-ins becomes a daily ritual to receive extra rewards for daily login.
- Item Values: Many of the items utilized for turn-in for these new dailies will now have more purpose and could essentially become more valuable to players through trade and sale.
- Overstock Reduction: Some players might find many of these turn-in items are overstock items in their inventory and banks. Players now have a method to exchange applicable overstocked items for potentially more valuable rewards.
- Additional Item Delivery Option: With these newly added containers, developers will now possess an additional tool in their arsenal for reward deliveries and item exchanges.
- Lottery/Jackpot: The Storehouse Container system is also designed to provide a lottery/jackpot feel. Initial implementation of these rewards will be monitored and updated regularly to ensure players get significant changes to earn valuable items. Players can expect loot ratios to be adjusted based on feedback, and MANY additional reward items added into the system in the future.
- Supply Bundle Improvements: Since a portion of the rewards from these containers are direct from Supply Bundle loot tables, any future improvements we make to the bundles will also improve loot in the Storehouse Containers.
- Influencing Daily Play Routine: Upon delivery of rewards, players might obtain items which influence what they do for the remainder of their play session.
We hope players enjoy the new Storehouse Container system. Developers will continue to improve this system in the future with new and exciting turn-in and reward concepts, and we’ll be very attentive to feedback about item scarcity, reward values, and reward types. In the future, we will add additional Storehouse Container shelters in more geographically-separated NPC towns. Hidden Vale is next in our sights!
Release 91 Patch Notes!
Below are a list of updates that are live as of Release 91 (R91) in the game of Shroud of the Avatar! R91 is a content, improvement and bug fixes month. Polish, additional improvements, and bug fixes are inbound for R92 next month! We hope you enjoy the changes that are live today as of Release 91!
Crafting, Decoration, & Inventory Item Changes:
- 10 additional Imbued Gems and Jewels are now available! Each can be salvaged from the available crafting related artifacts, and these gems/jewels can be applied only to crafted gear.
- Not all artifacts have a chance (yet) to yield a special gem or jewel upon salvage, so please take note! This spreadsheet, which will be maintained as we continue to expand the system, lists all available Imbued Gems and Jewels and their source, whether it be from crafting or from the salvage of artifacts. There are still many non-tiered artifacts which will be tiered and gain special gem/jewel salvage chances in the months ahead.
- Imbued Gems or Jewels which are not related to a particular school of magic will not yet yield special enchanting bonuses yet, but there are plans to add more special enchanting bonuses in the future.
- Here’s a list of all the new Imbued Gems and Jewels, which are also easily viewable in this spreadsheet. The source from which to obtain the gem or jewel is listed in parenthesis:
- Imbued Gem of the Expedient Forester: +25% Forestry Gathering Time (Forest Mangler)
- Imbued Jewel of the Meticulous Forager: +6% Foraging Meticulous Collection (Belt of the Patient Harvester)
- Imbued Jewel of the Expedient Miner: +25% Mining Gathering Time (Gauntlets of Lead)
- Imbued Jewel of the Expedient Skinner: +25% Field Dressing Gathering Time (Belt of the Brutal Butcher)
- Imbued Jewel of the Master Alchemist: +10 Alchemy/Alchemy Enchanting (Ring of Chrysopoeia)
- Imbued Jewel of the Master Blacksmith: +10 Blacksmithing Masterwork (Wayland Loop)
- Imbued Jewel of the Master Carpenter: +10 Carpentry Masterwork (Maple Band)
- Imbued Jewel of the Master Chef: +10 Cooking (Ring of Jones)
- Imbued Jewel of the Master Tailor: +10 Tailoring Masterwork (Thimble of Evelyn)
- Imbued Jewel of the Meticulous Miner: +6% Mining Meticulous Collection (The Ring of an Unknown BMC Member)
- These are the chances of success for receiving an Imbued Gem or Jewel by salvaging an eligible artifact:
- Common: 10% Chance, 1 Gem or Jewel
- Uncommon: 50% Chance, 1 Gem or Jewel
- Rare: 100% Chance, 1 Gem or Jewel
- Legendary: 100% Chance, 2 Gems or Jewels
- Epic: 100% Chance, 3 Gems or Jewels
- Salvaging an applicable chest piece, a weapon, or an offhand will yield a gem, while salvaging all other gear items from other slots will yield jewels.
- An additional round of artifact changes has been implemented. This time, all crafting/gathering artifacts except for the Pax Ring have received stat or even functionality changes which are also presented on this spreadsheet. This spreadsheet will be maintained to serve as a reference for players.
- The Forest Mangler now has base stats equal to crafted 1-Handed Swords. This artifact now has 5 tiers available, with the current version already in-game becoming the Uncommon version. The 5% Forestry Meticulous Collection Chance bonus has been removed, and the 5% Forestry Gathering Time Bonus has been spread across all tiers, scaling from 5% to 25%.
- The Ring of the Unknown BMC Member no longer features any dual wear restrictions with other BMC rings. The encumbrance bonus has been halved to help accommodate the dual wear restriction removal. The Mining Meticulous Collection Chance now scales from 2% to 6% instead of 3% to 9%. The Health penalty on The Ring of the Unknown BMC member now scales throughout the tiers. Common varieties feature MUCH less health penalty compared to the Epic versions.
- The Belt of the Patient Harvester no longer features a gathering time penalty, and the Foraging Meticulous Collection Chance has been reduced to scale between 2% and 6%.
- The Belt of the Brutal Butcher no longer features a meticulous collection penalty, and the gathering time bonus has been reduced to scale between 5% and 25% between tiers.
- The Gauntlets of Lead no longer feature a jump penalty, and the fizzle chance penalty has been reduced to 14% to match that of crafted plate gauntlets. The Mining Gathering Time Bonus has been increased slightly and now scales between 5% and 25% between tiers. Basic armor protection stats for these gauntlets have been lowered to match those of crafted plate gauntlets.
- The Blacksmithing Masterwork bonus on the Wayland Loop now scales from 2 to 10 between tiers instead of 3 to 11.
- The Tailoring Masterwork bonus on the Thimble of Evelyn now scales from 2 to 10 between tiers instead of 3 to 11.
- The Cooking bonus on the Ring of Jones now scales from 2 to 10 between tiers instead of 3 to 11.
- The Alchemy and Alchemy Enchantment bonuses on the Ring of Chrysopoeia now scale from 2 to 10 between tiers instead of 3 to 11.
- The Carpentry Masterwork Bonus on the Maple Band now scales from 2 to 10 between tiers instead of 3 to 11.
- Fixed the stack sizes in merchant inventories for many items to equal the max stack limit in character inventories.
- Corrected a typo in the Lich Totem recipe.
- Various books were corrected for typos, incorrect covers, and flipping functionality.
- The “Theme for Rabbling” book now displays the correct lyrics.
- Grandma Kellen’s recipes can now rotate in all directions.
- Dungeon Entrance to the Compendium of Pain and Suffering can once again be placed as a POT decoration.
- Harvesting banana trees will sometimes produce a seed like other agriculture items.
- Spindrift Shark now properly displays as “Spindrift Shark Fritters” in the inventory display name, the progress bar when eating, and the tooltip for the buff icon.
- Fixed typos in the display names of 5 Pavillion related items or store entries.
- The Skeleton Bone now properly places as a decoration at long camera distances.
- The penalty for Nefario’s Cabalist Hood is now for Glancing Blow Chance instead of Combat Dodge Chance.
- The light source for the Ornate Stone Fireplace now turns off when the fire is turned off.
- The Miner’s Hat with Goggles and the Miner’s Virtue Hat with Goggles now have functional spotlights when worn. Also, they are now named Miner’s Helmets instead of Miners Hats to match the other miner’s helms without goggles.
- The set bonuses for the Acara armor pieces should now apply properly when equipped.
- The Shield of Attraction, Shield of the Wicked King, and the Acara’s Shield of Defiance (all variants) can now be socketed with non-imbued/older style attunement gems. Also, all variants of these shields can be masterworked and enchanted (many tiers were missing) and are also now viable targets for pattern removal.
- A large variety of potions can now be canceled by right-clicking the buff icon for the dismiss option.
- The Treasure Chest, Treasure Piles (all sizes), Gold Piles (all sizes), and the Chest of Gold can now be placed as a POT decoration.
- Collision on the Haystack deco has been fixed to allow proper placement and to prevent interference with pet pathing.
- Fixed pink materials appearing with certain LODs for the Plaid Shawl Peasant Dress when placed as a decoration.
- Dungeon entrances can now be placed on floors and exterior floors rather than just ground and bottom floors.
Combat & Skill Changes:
- Effects that speed up casting time, like Chaotic Feedback, will no longer speed up the consumption time for consumables.
- A number of consumables had no cooldown timer set for dynamic deck mode which allowed them to be cast without any delay. This has been fixed.
- Various combos such as Quadruple Slash, Icy Puncture, and Saw Blade Sweep now include bonuses from the base skill.
- Small Damage-Over-Time attacks will no longer force people into combat mode.
- Enlightenment VFX will no longer display inside a character’s head when mounted.
- Pets will now respect the “Teleport” and “Stop attacking” commands while in combat.
User Interface & Lua Changes:
- Removed all tabs in the inventory window and added a dropdown list with MANY more sorting and filtering options.
- Modified the player vendor and public vendor UI to feature similar changes made to the inventory window.
- Players can now salvage items that are stackable without needing to manually separate the stack into single items.
- Added new options for disabling the chat window. Players can toggle the chat interface with a new key binding, or they can select a checkbox in Options/Interface to disable chat. This is highly useful for streamers who wish to keep private messages private.
- When doing a search or turning a page in the Crown Store, the first item shown on that page will now be selected to help prevent accidental store purchases.
- Tooltips now feature less transparency to improve their readability when displaying over other windows featuring text.
- The top right menu now features improved icon placement and availability.
- The Window Selector menu has been cleaned up and reordered.
- Fixed load screens which were displaying portions of the skybox.
- The Lot Deeds menu has received minor UI polish.
- Various small journal entries now display correctly in the quest journal.
- Added the ShroudIsUIActive() Lua function to help determine if the current game HUD is active.
- Added 3 additional Lua functions by player request: ShroudOnSceneLoaded(sceneName), ShroudOnSceneUnloaded() and ShroudOnSceneLogout().
Player Economy, Rewards, & Loot Changes:
- The kobold loggers in South Boundless Forest now have small chances to drop the Common Forest Mangler artifact which features the Forestry Gathering Time Bonus. This artifact has been removed from Lich boss loot tables.
- The logging camp in South Boundless Forest now also features a Logging Camp Foreman with increased chances to drop the Forest Mangler. This T10 Logging Camp Foreman will only appear after considerable attempts to thin the Kobolds around the bunker.
- Bait recovery chances have been soft capped at 80%. Any increase beyond 80% will provide diminished benefits. We’ll be monitoring bait consumption and feedback and provide bait drop improvements in R92 accordingly. Also, 3 types of rare baits have been added to the Common Storehouse Container reward possibilities for Mud, Port Graff, and Storms Reach.
- Added “The Stone Dragon” (Part 1 and 2) as world items in the game.
- Sturdy Maces now drop as loot with slight chances to appear in supply bundles and from melee skeletons. The Sturdy Mace also has a chance to yield a Sturdy Mace Head in salvage. The Sturdy Hammer has been renamed to Sturdy War Hammer and has a chance to yield a Sturdy War Hammer Head in salvage. The Sturdy Axe has been renamed to Sturdy Hand Axe and has a chance to yield a Sturdy Hand Axe Blade in salvage. These salvaged components provide the following stats to your weaponry when added as a component during crafting:
- Sturdy Axe Blade: +5 Strength, +1 Weapon Damage, +5% Poison Effectiveness
- Sturdy Mace Head: +5 Strength, +1 Weapon Damage, +5% Bludgeon Stun Effectiveness
- Sturdy War Hammer Head: +5 Strength, +2 Weapon Damage
- Added the recipe for the Imbued Theurgy gem to an additional Well of Aldur loot table for air elementals and significantly increased its chances to drop from Suutak.
World, Quests, and Miscellaneous Changes:
- All 4 Shardfalls now feature adventure level and skill caps. These scenes as well as The Obsidian Trial now have improved tooltips on the overworld map, and there is a load message which indicates the level/skill caps upon load of the scene.
- Grunvald Shardfall is capped at 100.
- Verdantis Shardfall is capped at 110.
- Paladis Shardfall is capped at 120.
- Quel Shardfall is capped at 130.
- Player movement has been improved to greatly reduce how often players get stuck on small obstacles. This should dramatically improve behavior on steps and rough terrain and reduce how often mounted players must dismount.
- Cloaks will now reappear after swimming while mounted.
- Resolute: Sean Campbell will no longer feel compelled to close the door of his building.
- Savrenoc Stronghold: Removed invisible collision that was blocking part of a ruins.
- Desolis: Fixed typos in the “Defeat Luminous Atavist” journal entry given by Ranees Binders.
- Well of Aldur: Fixed a wall that had incorrect collision.
- Well of Aldur: Fixed a stuck spot and improved the path grid on a set of stairs.
- Xenos: The banker now correctly states he is in Xenos (not Yew).
- Kingsport: Corrected Laura’s title to be Master Moon Magic Trainer.
- Aerie: Improved the logic for displaying Felicia’s “Deliver Letter to Barkley” compass marker.
- Necropolis: Adjusted the logic by which Kardan Marbane delivers his companion whistle to the player.
- Ferig’s Battle Ground: Added extra logic for the “Deliver Wine to Ferig” task to auto-archive after Ferig is no longer able to be visited by the player.
- Ardoris: Improved the logic for ensuring the “Tell Ardoris Caretaker About Corpus” compass marker stops appearing.
- Ardoris: Fixed a typo in the responses from Caravaggios Wolf.
- Caverns of Skrekk: Removed redundant lights in a remote tunnel area.
- Northwest Blackblade Mountains: Removed dragons from a scorpion-themed spawner set that was near the entrance.
- Obsidian Panopticon: Fixed several stuck locations. Adjusted a slope to better allow NPC movement.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Adjusted Kinsey’s logic for giving players the report for Stanley, Banner of Love, and caregiver title.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Adjusted some stones by exit archways that appears to be floating, setting them properly into the ground.
- Solace Bridge Outskirts: Those who are first to loot the “sack” object in this scene (and others) will now always find at least one object in the sack.
- Owl’s Head: The “Kill Myron or Return to Myra” and “Kill or Leave Myron” tasks should auto-complete if Myra refuses to interact with the player.
- Owl’s Head: Todd’s dialogue has been improved.
- Crafting Tutorial: Updated Edwin in Soltown, Gilda Metcalfe in Aerie, and Bledig deCani in Resolute with improved logic for completing their crafting tutorial.
- Necropolis Barrens: Moved a floating maple tree to the ground.
- Etceter Crag Mines: Fixed a stuck spot behind a mine wall brace.
- Brittany Fields: The horses at Oakley’s stables should no longer be able to climb nearby ladders.
- North Midmaer Way: Moved a nightshade resource so it can be harvested.
- K’rul: Adjusted the collision and path grid in the clockwork dragon room to prevent the dragon from exiting the room.
- East Sanctus Forest: Removed a floating cabinet.
- Hills Encounter: Removed a mysterious ladder that could only be seen from far away.
- Spite: The “Give Another Coffin to Shimzu” task will no longer auto-archive when leaving Spite.
- Wynton’s Folly: Adjusted some terrain to prevent the phoenix from getting stuck.
- Point West: NPCs have received bark and dialogue improvements.
- Explosive barrel traps have been fixed.
- A common lantern used throughout many scenes now has improved collision.
- Made a slight improvement to the collision of common tree curtains.
- Removed text from a store entry that was a bad copy paste from a charity item.
- Numerous objects have had their LOD issues resolved.
Player-Owned Town Changes:
- Bladewyke: Changed owner.
- Ironhall Highlands: Added new holdfast near POT Ironhall in Novia.
- M’hul Island: Added a new holdfast on the northwest shore of Norgard.
- Mossrest: Changed biome to Forest 01b.
- Rock Ridge: Upgraded to Town.
- Tortuga: Upgraded to Town.
Lord British Birthday Sales Event!
Happy Birthday Lord British! In observance of Lord British’s birthday, bonus EXP and various sales have begun (some will start on June 25th):
- +100% Adventure and Crafting EXP (Starts on June 25th)
- Holdfast Player-Owned Towns are 20% Off!
- 2-Hour Flash Sale Items are 30% Off! (Starts on June 25th)
- Crowns of the Obsidian are 20% Off!
- Crown Store Deeds Include Dungeon Entrances and Foyers Until R92!
- Crown Store Row Lot Deeds: Ancient Tome Dungeon Entrance Pattern
- Crown Store Village Lot Deeds: Magic Mirror Dungeon Entrance
- Crown Store Town Lot Deeds: Ruined Stone Arch Dungeon Entrance Pattern & Ornate Triple Connection Stone Dungeon Foyer
- Crown Store City Lot Deeds: Circle of Stones Rift Dungeon Entrance Pattern & Ornate Triple Connection Marble Dungeon Foyer
- Player-Owned Town Upgrades are 20% Off! (Crown Upgrades Only)
- 5X Additional Crowns in Loot Drops!
- Episode 2 Access is $4 Off!
- New Character Slots is 40% Off!
All these sale items except for the Crown Store Deed specials will last until Tuesday, July 5th at Noon CT, so don’t miss out! Happy shopping, Avatars!
Latest News Q&A Friday Livestream!
The weekly Community Livestream is Friday, June 25th at 4PM CT on Twitch! Join Chris “Atos” Spears and other members of the development team for a community 1-hour livestream!
To enter the prize drawings, type “summer fun has begun” into any in-game chat channel OR make a purchase on the website Add-On Store. Please submit questions into Twitch Chat by inserting !question at the beginning of your text. Watch on Twitch, Friday at 4 PM CT!
Atos and other members of the Shroud of the Avatar development team go live very frequently on twitch.tv/shroudoftheavatar — be sure to get these channels on follow for notifications so you can join us right as we go live! Also, if you’ve missed our latest streams, check out our archive of content at our YouTube Channel. Like! Follow! Subscribe! Prizes!!!
Don’t forget to also join the Shroud of the Avatar team and community over at all our social media venues:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ShroudoftheAvatar/
- Catnip Games Twitter: https://twitter.com/catnipgames
- Shroud of the Avatar Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShroudofAvatar
- Shroud of the Avatar Discord: https://discord.gg/GuBXakQ
Crown Store: Lord British Birthday Cake 2021, Ruined Walls, Transformation Potions & More!
Many new and returning store items are coming your way in the month ahead! Keep an eye out each week as the following items become available in the Crown Store. Available today on June 24th, the 2021 version of the Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake and other amazing seasonal items! Lord British and Fireworks Seasonal Rares will remain on the store until August 5th, 2021.
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2021
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2020
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2019
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2018
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2017
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2016
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2015
- Replenishing Lord British Birthday Cake 2014
- Lord British Basement Entrance Eternal Pattern
- Lord British Cloak
- Lord British Fur Collared Cloak
- Lord British Shield
- Lord British Shield Pattern Pack
- 31 Varieties of Rare and Year-Round Fireworks
Becoming available on July 2nd, new Ruined Stone Wall packs! Also, the Replenishing Green Growth Potions Box is now a regularly featured item on the store:
- Ruined Store Wall & Columns Set
- Ruined Stone Tall Wall, Crumbling Archway
- Ruined Stone Column, Small 10-Pack
- Ruined Stone Column, Large 10-Pack
- Ruined Stone Tall Wall, Intact 3-Pack
- Ruined Stone Medium Wall, Intact 3-Pack
- Ruined Stone Short Wall, Crumbling 5-Pack
- Replenishing Green Growth Potions Box
Becoming available on July 9th, Obsidian Potions of Transformation! These new potions will allow players to alter their appearance for 7 days at a time and will be available in various pack sizes. We even added potions for the Cuttlekin, Frogkin, and Lich Kind effects just in case players would like to display those skins without wasting a ring slot using one of the related artifacts:
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Barkskin
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Barkskin 6-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Barkskin 12-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Ghostly Glow
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Ghostly Glow 6-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Ghostly Glow 12-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Obsidian Skin
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Obsidian Skin 6-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Obsidian Skin 12-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Cuttlekin
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Cuttlekin 6-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Cuttlekin 12-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Frogkin
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Frogkin 6-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Frogkin 12-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Lich Kind
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Lich Kind 6-Pack
- Obsidian Potion of Transformation: Lich Kind 12-Pack
Becoming available on July 23rd, a Kobold Weather Machine to keep those skies in your Player-Owned Town clear and rain free:
- Kobold Weather Machine (Clear)
The Summer Seasonal store items are still available! These rare summer items will remain on the store until September 25th:
- Hula Emote
- Fire Dance Emote
- Fire Dance Cross Emote
- Flame Stained Glass Table Lamp 3-Pack
- Flaming Bagpipes
- Island Spear
- Flame Scimitar
- Island Flower Crown
- Island Dress
- Flame Shield
- Firedancer Outfit
To see a full listing of all the items which rotate through the Vault, we have prepared a forum post showing all items which could appear throughout the year!
July Login Reward: Beach Umbrella!
Log in during the month of July, and you’ll receive a wonderful Beach Umbrella which features 2 dye layers. Get out there and enjoy the sun and fun!
Release 91 Subscriber Login Rewards: Lord British Telescope, Xenossian Bracers & Shield!
- Ancient Xenossian Round Shield
- Ancient Xenossian Bracers
- Medium Lord British Telescope
The Shroud of the Avatar Rewards Program lets you earn the best rate on purchasing Crowns, AND receive monthly reward items! For the low price of $9 USD per month you will receive the following:
- 900 Crowns of the Obsidians every month
- Monthly Login Reward Items (about 3 per month)
- Exclusive Title every 3 months
- 3 Months: Keeper of the Faith
- 6 Months: Keeper of the Word
- 9 Months: Keeper of the Vow
- 12 Months: Keeper of the Flame
- 15 Months: Keeper of the Oath
- 18 Months: Keeper of the Pledge
- 21 Months: Keeper of the Bond
- 24 Months: Keeper of the Promise
- 27 Months: Keeper of the Covenant
- Pick any Dye 12-Pack every 6 months
- Pick any three of these 7 Obsidian Potions every month:
- Potion of Capacity: Increases carrying capacity
- Potion of Conservation: Reduces reagent use chance
- Potion of Expedience: Swift gathering on all gathering skills
- Potion of Precision: Increases Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills
- Potion of Preservation: Reduces armor and weapon damage
- Potion of Reclamation: Increases Salvage and Repair to all production skills
- Potion of Stamina: Decreases focus use from sprinting
Updates to the Streamer Rewards Program!
Several months ago, a program was proposed for the Streamers of Shroud of the Avatar. The ultimate goal being to showcase Shroud of the Avatar while giving SotA streamers a reward for their efforts. The program is currently in Phase I, with Phase II technology currently being discussed and worked internally. So, let’s talk Phase I!
Streamers who wish to be included in the Streamer Program must contact Laney via in-game mail or in a private message on the forums with their Character Name and Twitch Channel information. If you have already signed up for the program in the past, fear not, you’re on the list, and you don’t need to reapply.
- Streaming Rewards Program participants must adhere to our Terms of Service (TOS) and Community Rules while Streaming Shroud of the Avatar.
- Streaming Rewards Program participants must stream at least 10 hours of Shroud of the Avatar ACTIVE game play to remain in the program with reward accrual.
Streamers will receive a one-time digital reward of in-game items after meeting the program’s requirements: Streamer’s Cloak, Streamer’s Camera, and a brand-new LIVESTREAMING title. Future incremental rewards will occur at 6-month intervals. (More information to come).
- To qualify for Streamer Rewards, each streamer must continue to meet the minimum requirements for 60 days after application.
- To accrue additional rewards, Streamers must stream SotA a minimum of 10 hours per month, tallied on the 1st day of each month, to remain in the program.
- Streamers must be actively playing the game during their streams. Being away from the keyboard (AFK) for short periods is acceptable. If Twitch indicates the streamer is playing SotA but they are streaming other content or a timeout/login screen, they risk being removed from the program.
Items of Note:
- SotAbot: Streamers in the program will be included in the SotAbot StreamPop function, appearing in the player-streaming channel in Discord.
- Graphics & Overlays: An optional “Streamers Kit” is available to the participating streamers as well as all players of Shroud of the Avatar, which includes graphics, overlays and other material.
Watch the forums for more information, coming soon, regarding Titles, future rewards and for info on Phase II of the program. We love our Streamers, so get out to Twitch and follow them, watch them, and support them!
Bug Brigade & Testing Directives!
The Bug Brigade was established to improve how the community and the development team work together to improve the game. Since the Brigade’s inception, the program has gone through a number of changes and was eventually placed on hold. The stability of the game is as important to the development team as it is to the players, therefore the program was revamped and was recently relaunched.
The Brigade has been up and running for two months now, and the volunteers are getting into a good rhythm for verifying and submitting bugs to the developers. If you have reported a bug that has not yet been addressed, please be patient while the backlog is being worked. The Brigade is working diligently to cleanup the backlog of bug reports posted by players on the forums.
As was recently announced on a Twitter post by Chris “Atos” Spears, the upcoming development time for Release 84 will be primarily spent working many of the verified bugs which have been submitted to the team by the Bug Brigade. This focused effort on bug fixes would not be possible without the recent efforts of the Bug Brigade. Please take the time to thank these bug hunting aficionados when you encounter them in your travels!
In turn, the development team would like to express a big thank you to the Bug Hunters! These community members are doing a fantastic job bringing so many bug reports to the team, and they’re doing it in a way which makes the process smooth and efficient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Already, much improvement has been noticed by the development team, and we’re so very excited to see the program successfully back in action!
The development team would also like to thank all of those who took time out to participate in the QA Testing Directive for the upcoming Mount System. Thanks to your hard work and dedication, many issues and bugs were identified and fixed prior to the system going to the Live Server! Keep up the great work! For those that wish to participate in future bug hunting endeavors, please check the forums regularly for upcoming QA Testing Directives.
Also, the Bug Brigade would like to welcome its newest Bug Moderator, Echondas! Please congratulate him the next time you see him in-game or on the forums. This new member expands the Bug Moderator team to: Alley Oop, Echondas, and Justyn. Thank you Moderators! Your efforts are highly valued by the development team!
Don’t forget, the Bug Brigade is open to all players in good standing, and the bug rewards are back! And they are SWEET! They will be awarded on a monthly progression basis with only minimal requirements to qualify. The available rewards to receive in progression via qualifying participation are as follows:
- Antennae Head Gear and Forum Title 1: “Bug Hunter”
- Single Ant Cloak
- Lady Bug Backpack
- Bug Painting A and In-Game Title 2: “Associate of Aphids”
- Ant Farm
- Insect Leg Table
- Many Ants Cloak and In-Game Title 3: “Bachelor of Beetles”
- Bug Painting B
- Bug Sprayer
- Bug Painting C and In-Game Title 4: “Master of Moths”
- Butterfly Chair
- Corpion Chair (Pictured Below)
- Yellow Fireflies VFX and In-Game Title 5: “Doctor of Dragonflies”
- Hacked Oracle Flyer
- Giant Blue Butterfly Pet
- Butterfly Mask
- Dragonfly pet
- Fairy Wings
- Monarch Butterfly Pet
- Dragonfly Wings
- Hacked Oracle Crawler
- Blue Butterfly VFX
- Orange Fireflies VFX
- Orange Butterfly VFX
If you’ve come to think of Shroud of the Avatar as your home, signup and help make New Britannia a better place to live! To learn more about joining the Bug Brigade, please read the announcement thread by Ravolox in the main Bug/Feedback forums.
Upcoming Release Dates
Be sure to check out the Upcoming Events page for spotlighted events plus links to various areas to post or find events on our forums. The upcoming 2021 Release Schedule is as follows:
- Release 91 – Jun 24 (Content)
- Release 92 – Jul 29 (Polish)
- Release 93 – Aug 26 (Content)
- Release 94 – Sep 30 (Polish)
- Release 95 – Oct 28 (Content)
Community Updates & Resources
Greetings event holders and event attendees! So many fun and exciting events are available in the upcoming weeks. Be sure to get out there and participate, make some new friends, perhaps make some great emote, recipe, or gear trades, or get some adventuring and role-playing into your mix! Here are spotlighted events or updated community resources that we’ve noticed popping up lately on the official forums:
Catnip Games Contests:
- Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney: Greetings Anglers! The monthly Catnip Games Fishing Tourney is live! Join in on the fun! SO many prizes available for the anglers of New Britannia!
- Catnip Games Monthly Screenshot/Video Contest: Avatars! For those of you skilled with the camera or screenshot key binding, a monthly screenshot and video contest is underway which features a large number of valuable prizes. The focus will be for players to submit creative or informative screenshots and videos of content introduced to the game during the latest 3 monthly releases.
- Catnip Games Monthly Treasure Hunting Contest: Want to go hunting for rare items? Want to see if you can beat other players in this quest for treasure? Well join in on the monthly treasure hunting contest, Avatars!
- The New Britannia Theater Troupe Needs YOU: If you would like to join this band of merry story writers and voice actors, give Asclepius a reply on the forums or send him a PM. Already there is a very rich selection of past work written and performed by the troupe which is available in audio form here at the Caverns.net.
- Twitch Gift Card Giveaway: Alleine Dragonfyre, New Britannian streamer extraordinaire, is giving away a $25 Twitch Gift Card (no purchase necessary.) The drawing takes place on June 25th, so don’t miss out!
- Cannon Fodder vs Organized Chaos: On Friday, June 25th from 4PM to 5PM CT, Organized Chaos is hosting a special PvP Tournament located in Verat Chaos Decimus! Lots of prizes, lots of fun! Get your PvP gear ready, Avatars!
- Rajazel R91 Fishing Contest: Head on over to Rajazel for some extra fishing fun during Release 91! Prizes, prizes, prizes! Good luck, Anglers!
- Ironhall Tournament & PvP Training: Ironhall is opening up it’s weekly training and skill events to the public. Starting on Saturday, June 19th at 1PM CT, this event will run every Saturday thereafter. Events are held in the village of Virtus Mons in Ironhall and can be reached easily via use of the fast travel signs.
- M’Hul Island Monthly Fishing Contest: Join Asmodi M’hul and friends at M’hul Island for their monthly fishing tournament that lasts from Release Day to Release Day! Prizes are available!
- Lightbringer Isle Fishing Contest: Why not earn some extra prizes each month and participate in Lightbringer Isle’s monthly fishing tourney? Lots of fantastic prizes — don’t miss out!
- Combat & Crafting Sunday School: Head on over to Immortal City every Sunday from 7PM to 9PM CT to learn the tricks of the trade in combat and crafting!
- 500 Crown Fishy Prize: If you’re ever worried there isn’t an active fishing contest going on, well worry no longer! Sonja Solar and friends are running a continuous fishing contest in Brittany Fort “Now and Forever for All Eternity” which has wonderful prizes and objectives. Be sure to watch the video indicated in the “bagged” link provided to see the full explanation of the contest rules.
- RHEC Traveling Pop Up Fishing Contest: Keep an eye out in universe chat, trade chat, and the forums! Asmodi M’hul will routinely announces at least one pop up fishing contest every week for those anglers out there anxious for extra prizes and fun!
- PvP Fishing with RHEC: The RHEC anglers of New Britannia will be hosting a week of PvP fishing contests in a different POT every month! The upcoming events will take place in The Barren Shores POT from June 4th to June 10th, and in the Bodega of Blood from July 2nd to July 8th. Hope to see you there!
- Lightbringer Isle Auction: Ladies and gentlemen! The Citizens of Lightbringer Isle welcome you to the weekly auctions! The auctions are about bringing together people from all corners of the community, with the Lightbringer Isle’s market being the perfect place to do so! Join us every Sunday at 2PM CT!
New Fan Fiction:
- Latest Plays from The New Britannia Theater Troupe: Gabriel Nightshadow, Asclepius, and friends have now made available the radio versions of “Daggers in the Dark” and “A Small Indiscretion” which feature many voices from players throughout the community. Don’t miss out on listening to these creative and highly intriguing stories!
- More Stories from Womby: Womby, an esteemed New Britannian author, has graced us with 2 more stories, and Asclepius has narrated both of them. Enjoy!
- The Howling Wind of Spindelskog: Akandriel has written a wonderful 2 part story which Asclepius has narrated. Please give these two talented individuals your appreciation!
- Mingo’s White Raven Inn: Join Mingo and friends for an ongoing forum role-play session. Flex those creative muscles, Avatars!
New Community Resources:
- Guide to Naming Housing Lots: The Guide Making Extraordinaire has stuck again! Anpu has made this fantastic guide for helping players rename their lots so the customized names can show on the new Lot Listing functionality. Read, learn, and give this Knight of New Britannia a thank you!
- New Skill Information at SotALore.com: A new section has been added to SotALore.com, and it’s a fantastic way to determine EXP required for achieving certain levels of skills by cost factor, and most certainly a great way to visual skill leveling in the game. Enjoy and thank you Gravidy!
- Avatars-Virtue Radio Calendar: Just when are all those talented DJ’s and streamers broadcasting? Don’t just guess, check out there very helpful calendar! Never again will you wonder when’s the best time to tune in!
- SotA Event Calendar: Event participants, take heed! Thoryk Omara has done a wondrous job creating a community event calendar which is available to all players of Shroud of the Avatar. Please make an effort to support this new calendar. The more resources players have at their disposable for event notifications, the better!
Community Event Resources: Here are some fantastic resources for tracking down community events or posting your own events. Become involved! Create! Explore! Make friends! But most of all, have fun!
- One-Time Community Events Forum: Sometimes events happen only a single time, so you’ll not want to miss out on these events as they occur. Check out the forums routinely to spot these!
- Recurring Community Events Forum: Some events occur on weekly or monthly schedules which are a great way to routinely meet up with friends and to make new ones. Be sure to check this forum frequently for new events or time changes to existing ones.
- Game Master (GM) Potion Request Procedures: Shroud of the Avatar has an amazing in-game consumable for player event holders — the Potion of Temporary GM Powers! Players wishing to enhance their in-game community event by having GM Powers at their disposal need to simply follow the procedures outlined in this forum thread.
- Player Event Trophies and Special Item Requests: Would you like to request a special trophy or renamed item for a player event you’ve created? Head on over to this thread to see what’s available and to obtain more information about request procedures.
- Player Radio Station Forum: If you want to check out the latest and greatest from our in-game radio stations, go to the radio stations forum! If you’re a DJ, be sure to advertise your time slot and venue in this forum.
- Player Livestreams & Videos Forum: If you’re searching for a Shroud Streamer to watch, head on over to the streamer forum! If you are a live streamer for Shroud of the Avatar, be sure to advertise your Shroud stream by posting in this forum.
- Town Directory Forum: Want to find a town to live in or get your town listed in the directory, head over to the forums and check it out!
- Guild Directory Forum: Looking for a guild or want to get yours posted in the guild directory? Head on over to the forums and check it out!
- Fire Lotus Tavern: This wondrous role-playing and story writing forum is the spot to be if you love fan fiction and role-play.
- Community Resources: Looking for links to community and official resources for Shroud of the Avatar? Well look no further. On this page you’ll find links to a plethora of helpful resources created by the dev team or the community.
SO many options to stay tuned-in with fellow community members. Please take advantage of all these wonderful options. Happy adventures, Avatars!
Project to Support: Shard RPG
Shard Studios invites you to enter the fantastic world Dárdünah, the vast shard of a shattered realm, as presented in the colorful pages of the SHARD RPG! Many years in the making, this system allows players to choose from a wide variety of animal people who are the main cast of the many adventures this otherworldly setting offers. Skyships glide through shimmering clouds past majestic crystal peaks. Giant insects prowl alien jungles or lurk in the sparkling emerald seas. Warriors with blades of diamond and amber duel across crimson sands. And mystics chant in shadowy chambers as their spirits wander abroad.
- Intro Sheet: For a quick glimpse into the world of Dárdünah, be sure to download the intro pdf! It’s packed with great information and features beautiful artwork, not unlike the artwork found throughout the many pages of this gaming system’s gorgeously designed manuals.
- Core System Manuals: It’s easier than ever to delve into Dárdünah, World of the False Dawn, with the Core Books Bundle! If you’ve never had the opportunity to experience this unique gaming system and setting, now’s your chance! This bundle includes two beautifully illustrated, full-color, hardcover books: the original Basic Compendium and the Magic and Martial Arts book! They contain everything you need to begin your adventures, and include instructions for the ritual magic and martial arts combat systems. These manuals also include 90 new Animal Templates upon which to base your character!
- Other Shard RPG Products: So many more manuals and gaming materials are available! Everything an avid tabletop role-player and game master needs to delve into the world of Dárdünah!
So if you’re ready to experience a gaming world like no other, check out what Shard Studios has created for tabletop role-players on the Shard RPG official website! You’ll most certainly be immersed and amazed by the offerings of the Shard RPG!
Project to Support: Shadow of Valhalla
Shadow of Valhalla is a visceral physics-based VR combat game with dynamic RPG elements, set within an ancient realm of Viking lore and mystic powers! Early Access beta includes “endless horde mode” featuring a variety of enemies with progressive difficulty. Also, players can discover many magic spells to unlock! So much more is coming!
Finn Staber with Chicken Waffle, will join the Shroud of the Avatar team on Twitch during their Friday the 28th livestream to showoff this new Early Access game! Also, here is a teaser video on YouTube:
The development team is working hard to create additional environments and new quests! Shadow of Valhalla is available on Steam as Early Access. Additional features coming to the game:
- More Enemies!
- More Environments!
- More Magic Spells!
- RPG Quests!
- Weapon Forging and Crafting!
- Much, much more!
If you would like to learn more about Shadow of Valhalla, be sure to stop by the main webpage for the game as more news becomes available!
Project to Support: Dragon Fight
Darkstarr has also been hard at work with the team for Dragon Fight VR which recently went live on Steam! Dragon Fight VR is an internal experiment to capture the “essence” of a dragon fight, the classic penultimate experience of every fantasy story. We wanted to create a short visceral, realistic experience stripped of user interface, lobbies, scores, levels, and other visual intrusions that might distract. There were some key elements of fighting a dragon that we wanted to capture and we felt VR was uniquely qualified to convey:
- Face to face with a large scale hostile creature trying to kill you
- Using a sword and a shield
- Nowhere to run!
This started out as an internal experiment to learn some things about VR’s capabilities, be reductionist in our designs, etc. We felt that the experiment was successful enough to release as a free experience to share. Enjoy! Available for free on Steam!
Project to Support: Avatar Express
I’m pleased to report that The Avatar Express is clacking away furiously. News is being delivered and we have established systems to deliver it directly to your brain. You can use one of those systems by following us on Twitter at @avatar_express. Even more reliable due to its fully automated nature is joining us on the Discord server. News items are posted there via RSS. Or you can subscribe to RSS directly on the site.
If you run an event, quests, etc, please consider helping out by self reporting. The Shroud community is big, and many things are happening that are never seen by others. With 10k monthly users, we would need a full time staff to track down everything that is happening.
You can fill out the contributor form, message @that_shawn_guy here or post in the Discord server that you would like to help. There is no commitment once signed up, you can post as much or little as you like.
Writing up your own events has several benefits beyond the immediate exposure. It serves as a record for others to see the history of New Britannia as we create it, in an attractive format. Publishing in the Express also has a higher chance than the forums of being seen by search engines and random readers, thus bringing more eyeballs and new players to the game.
It will even make posting in the forums easier! You can upload images to your news item, and then link to those images in your forum post. No more need for 3rd party image hosts!
So if you have something going on in your guild or town, or want to be a Reporter, Cartographer or Historian, please join us!
Resources: Players Helping Players
The official SotA New Player Welcome Forum and the Player Created Resources Forum have the best player created resources for Shroud of the Avatar, whether it’s a Player Written Guide, a Video Walk-through, or a Wiki-type Website.
Visit the official Community Resources page for a complete listing of all things community.